Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

kdrudy posted:

So god drat typical of Marquette to play such an embarrassing game.

Marquette used up its allotment of actual good teams in 1977.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it rocks to see a guy mizzou barely played last year absolutely destroying the glass for NCSU when mizzou is like last in D1 rebounding

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope Duke never scores

Google tells me this would be the first college shutout since 1907.

🤞

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Good lord

https://twitter.com/NoEscalators/status/1773777541108494726

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
lmao

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Mike_V posted:

it rocks to see a guy mizzou barely played last year absolutely destroying the glass for NCSU when mizzou is like last in D1 rebounding

he’s shown flashes this year but drat during this run Diarra really has been Rodmanesque

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Marquette used up its allotment of actual good teams in 1977.

D-Wade got them to the Final Four a mere 21 years ago.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Aidoo you're loving killing me

WAKE UP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/1773907773769547948

welp

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

elentar posted:

he’s shown flashes this year but drat during this run Diarra really has been Rodmanesque

also he’s been doing this usually while fasting for Ramadan, just like jannah eissa on the women’s team https://twitter.com/linzsports/status/1771568715454157249?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yep, I think he’s out til the Final Four if UH somehow makes it there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

Yep, I think he’s out til the Final Four if UH somehow makes it there

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1773909383455396097

I mean goodish news I guess but ugh

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Well at least he’s probably available on Sunday

But oh man is this half gonna be rough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

Well at least he’s probably available on Sunday

But oh man is this half gonna be rough

Yeah, really lovely luck. Shead was about to make an easy layup to go up by 8 and it looked like the Cougs might start running away with it, instead he gets hurt, misses the layup because of the injury, then the entire game turns around

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Duke vs. NC State in the quarterfinals. Sounds familiar ...

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

I'm having a real bad time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well the Big 12 did not have a good showing this tournament for allegedly the best conference.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

always a risk in your conference being so bruising that there's nothing left in the tank after, especially when adding in injuries.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1774083630903476713

turns out mulkey just hated anything critical of her

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

so the big reveal is that's she just a bitchy old white lady?

gonna have to get behind a couple million others in the South alone

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1774083630903476713

turns out mulkey just hated anything critical of her

Skimming through this, it seems to just be a profile.

She called a press conference and threatened to sue over this?

Edit: Ah, OK, got some specific allegations of treating gay players more harshly further on. Probably want to lead with this stuff.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 30, 2024

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
They’re just gonna brush the dozen dead migrant workers found in her pool thing under the rug then huh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Big 10 is going to look A LOT different next year. Basically all the good players are transferring or graduating (or going to prison.)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chief McHeath posted:

They’re just gonna brush the dozen dead migrant workers found in her pool thing under the rug then huh

that would actually open wapo up to litigation

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/gmraynor/status/1774531106769187084?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Big up to the refs because everyone wanted to watch edey shoot FTs for 2 hours.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

watched the highlights back and I genuinely do not think anyone has ever had as much fun playing college ball than DJ Burns these last 3 weeks. just completely dismantled Filipowski with Y court footwork and the biggest grin on his face

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

excited to see the two Enormous Guys go at it in the the final four

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Edey is so hosed if they actually let em play

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haven't watched much Purdue this season outside of a bit of yesterday's game, but Edey doesn't seem like he can do basketball things.

Like, he seems like he'd fail miserably if asked to pass the ball or shoot a jump shot or dribble.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Purdue is super upset that people didn't believe in them when they have lost games to FDU and St Peters in the tournament lol. I wonder why people have no respect for you.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Haven't watched much Purdue this season outside of a bit of yesterday's game, but Edey doesn't seem like he can do basketball things.

Like, he seems like he'd fail miserably if asked to pass the ball or shoot a jump shot or dribble.

Yea, dude doesn't even have a nice touch around the basket. He needs a bunch more muscle if his game is going to transfer to the NBA in any way. It's easy at 7'3" to dominate the 6'8" guy guarding you in college.

But you can't teach height so someone is going to draft him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Yea, dude doesn't even have a nice touch around the basket. He needs a bunch more muscle if his game is going to transfer to the NBA in any way. It's easy at 7'3" to dominate the 6'8" guy guarding you in college.

But you can't teach height so someone is going to draft him.

He'll be picked in the 2nd round

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey's our only big that actually got better from year to year, none of our other ogres ever improved. A lot of it is because he is tall enough where his height is the only defense he needs, he learned to not try to swat at all, putting his arms up is enough to disrupt beneath the basket.

Yes he fouls more often than are called, but it isn't any more than anybody else in the game. The bigger officiating woe with him is traveling imo, he had at least two uncalled travels yesterday and probably two uncalled fouls (one he straight up tackled a guy, one hip check)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

He'll be picked in the 2nd round

I wouldn't be upset if the Pels spent a pick in the 20s on him, tbh.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
A couple of days later, the worst thing about that (Houston) loss is that it feels like our window has shut for at least a couple of years. Shead is probably the best point guard this program has produced and Sampson's system is very reliant on the PG setting the tone - our offense looked much worse when we had our SGs (Cryer, Sharp, Wilson, Dunn) trying to run it. It doesn't look like we have another true PG waiting in the wings; Wade Taylor is a rumored transfer target, but he'll have to rein in his wild shooting to make it work.

Also, Sampson is 68 years old, so I don't know how much longer he'll be willing to stick around, and I don't entirely have faith in HCIW Kellen Sampson.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm kinda surprised the NCAA didn't put Iowa and LSU on opposite sides of the women's bracket.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Dango Bango posted:

I'm kinda surprised the NCAA didn't put Iowa and LSU on opposite sides of the women's bracket.

Yeah easily the best potential game of either tourney

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

South Carolina is why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Honestly it's probably a perfect scenario for the women's side. You get the hottest matchup that's going to pop a huge rating and has no men's game to contest with, plus it sets the table for the final four.

These tournaments seem to have worked out in both scenarios. On the men's side you have the redemption season, the team looking to go back-to-back, and the whole DJ Burns saga (sorry Bama you don't have as cool of a storyline). On the women's side, you have South Carolina trying to go perfect, a National Championship rematch for a final four spot, and one of the hot new stars at USC going against the titan of the sport (plus NC State, although they've been overshadowed by the men's team even though they ran through Stanford and Texas). Feels like both tournaments have been building and building and are continually outdoing themselves. Really great year on both sides.