Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
better than nuthin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

DontMockMySmock posted:

im not autistic but i can assure you that being good at math and science is not adequate compensation for having mental health problems

Hey look at this guy calling autism a mental health problem

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Bald Stalin posted:

It's a mental health opportunity!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mauser posted:

It's a mental health opportunity!

I've got an opportunity to be unable to breathe at the prospect of making a phonecall!!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Bald Stalin posted:

Autism isn't a mental health problem but trying to grow up undiagnosed autistic and make yourself fit into a world designed for someone else is a really good way to pick up a nice tasty cocktail of mental health problems.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Sestze posted:

thanks for this. I love how it discusses how long the simulated person can work for, what kinds of workloads it can do, what kind of "encouragement" works on it - all to the tune of how you'd fix a malfunctioning toaster, rather than an imprisoned, screaming simulacrum.

edit: and that, for the vast majority of jobs the simulated person was used for, he'd be lucky to be a smart toaster
If you haven’t already, I recommend playing SOMA.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

If you haven’t already, I recommend playing SOMA.

playing soma deez video games !!! lol gottem

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Tree Bucket posted:

I've got an opportunity to be unable to breathe at the prospect of making a phonecall!!

One of these days we'll do away with the phone call entirely and then we'll all finally be free

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Byzantine posted:

Cats would be fine on their own after humans go extinct. Despite what they tell us, they don't actually have to eat every two hours.

If humans abruptly vanish the problem for cats would be the collapse of the rodent population. Humans are the foundation of the urban food web, and without our massive food waste within a few years the population of creatures like rodents, pigeons and cockroaches sharply decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM62sD6Auoo
What is going to happen to this guy? The fish we over-fished are still gone, but without us there will be no more Doritos.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Whybird posted:

Autism isn't a mental health problem but trying to grow up undiagnosed autistic and make yourself fit into a world designed for someone else is a really good way to pick up a nice tasty cocktail of mental health problems.

I'm in this photo and I don't like it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Jestery posted:

I'm in this photo and I don't like it

You're respected and loved, unicycle boy!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DontMockMySmock posted:

im not autistic but i can assure you that being good at math and science is not adequate compensation for having mental health problems

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Literally got my autism diagnosis in my 40s and I wish I had the math super powers but alas I only got the ability to bore people with my in depth knowledge on the Hot poo poo Of the Week I'd read on wikipedia did y'all know peacock's 'eyes' in their tail feathers directly correlates to a. how horny they make the peahens and b. how healthy their kids will be?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah, everybody knows that.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In honor of Germany (sorta) legalizing it today.

https://i.imgur.com/TbN8mTR.mp4
"When you've consumed a godless amount and find your cat in your house"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Bald Stalin posted:

Literally got my autism diagnosis in my 40s and I wish I had the math super powers but alas I only got the ability to bore people with my in depth knowledge on the Hot poo poo Of the Week I'd read on wikipedia did y'all know peacock's 'eyes' in their tail feathers directly correlates to a. how horny they make the peahens and b. how healthy their kids will be?

I did not and that is cool, thank you

Edit: the smell right after it starts raining is called petrichor, earth blood im Greek.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

I had watched this just before reading this thread talk about the SCP stuff. I had never heard of it before and I am now convinced that I have been targeted by the department of antimemetics.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's actually both more mundane and more frightening when you know the real answer why

Algos :capitalism:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Benagain posted:

I did not and that is cool, thank you

Edit: the smell right after it starts raining is called petrichor, earth blood im Greek.

Is there a word for the smell afterwards? Like how the air itself smells different as the rain cools and moves it as if it's being purified?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX1gUaRydFo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Benny Harvey posted:

Is there a word for the smell afterwards? Like how the air itself smells different as the rain cools and moves it as if it's being purified?

"snippid"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tree Bucket posted:

I distinctly remember seeing this picture when I was aged six (well, minus meme text obvs.) and being annoyed at how terrible it was. It was in a book so someone got paid to draw the most goofy shiny un-dynamic dinosaurs ever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are you sure because it sounds like it jabs goms

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Phy posted:

Are you sure because it sounds like it jabs goms

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ow oof ouch my goms

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

powder that makes you say gom jabbar

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That explains why that animal is in the process of being killed

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Data Graham posted:

ow oof ouch my goms

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Relyssa posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

voiceless anal fricative posted:

This bug I had with the comments on this video are kind of perfect

https://i.imgur.com/F1UXrqT.mp4

Oh hey, they fixed the youtube comment section.
How about that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh hey, they fixed the youtube comment section.
How about that.

Did they have it on the side for you too? They went back a few days ago but nobody knew what I was talking about

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did they have it on the side for you too? They went back a few days ago but nobody knew what I was talking about

I was making a joke that they were fixed by blanking them out and giving them zero upvotes.

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010
I always liked this version:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This looks like the bit where Yueh speaks to the Baron about the death of his wife, Igwannadon.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Tree Bucket posted:

This looks like the bit where Yueh speaks to the Baron about the death of his wife, Igwannadon.

drat you

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Relyssa posted:

Kareem Abgom Jabbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU