Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Earthlings are also the best chefs in the universe, and while he isn't food obsessed like Beerus Freeza does seem to like having nice things.

If you fed him some ramen or something you could probably get Freeza to just enslave the humans instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

when Frieza came back, they should have just offered him some pizza to chill out, he would probably just stop fighting and eat.

same with Cell. All he ate was nasty tasting fat humans and an android or two. But has he tasted a good bowl of curry

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I do like how it's implied that Earth has literally the best food in the universe, and that even Gods like Beerus are amazed by cheapo cup noodles.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

frieza would have learned kindness by eating 1 icecream

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The Ginyu Force had chocolate parfait for their afternoon snack though...

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

it's interesting how you can see the seeds of things that become dragon ball. even in the beginning he had pretty solid fundamentals, though it's amazing how much he improved his anatomy over time

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GateOfD posted:

when Frieza came back, they should have just offered him some pizza to chill out, he would probably just stop fighting and eat.

same with Cell. All he ate was nasty tasting fat humans and an android or two. But has he tasted a good bowl of curry

Would Cell eat food through his tail, too? This is the most important question.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i wish i had a tail i could suck a cheeseburger in with

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Buu also loves being on earth just to eat. He, uh, is known to cook his own food sometimes though.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I found it weird in the last manga how Beerus and Whis were enjoying Lemo's cooking.

Maybe he picked up some recipes from earth?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Turns out salt and garlic powder are extraordinarily rare in the DBZ multiverse!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

that's probably the only reason they keep him around

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shyrka posted:

I found it weird in the last manga how Beerus and Whis were enjoying Lemo's cooking.

Maybe he picked up some recipes from earth?

its easy to miss but lemo is with frieza when he goes to planet vegeta at the start of super broly. beerus liked the saiyan food too (theres the flashback of him eating the feast king vegeta laid out for him in battle of gods) and lemo is cooking for broly too, so presumably lemos just cooking saiyan food, or something like it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Excited for when frieza befriends the team and marries....I guess Yamcha?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Excited for when frieza befriends the team and marries....I guess Yamcha?

Canon to DBFZ at least

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0lvy4K9Pe0

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
frieza will never befriend goku

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

frieza will be next door neighbor and friends with Bulma, much to Vegeta's chagrin, and trade dragonball wishes back and forth to remove a wrinkle from bulma and make frieza taller by 1mm

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Frieza will be the Carl to Capsule Corps' Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Frieza will be the Carl to Capsule Corps' Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I see that more as Vegeta being the Carl, Frieza the Master Shake, Berryblue the Frylock, and Kikono the Meatwad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

frieza will never befriend goku

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Wow I might have to try this out, I skipped it because I'm not much for fighting games but the banter seems fun.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

This makes me want a story arc where Yamcha gets inadvertently press-ganged into the Frieza Force by trying to save himself through obsequiousness.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
yamcha would probably be stronger than everyone in the frieza force that isnt frieza at this point lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yamcha would probably be stronger than everyone in the frieza force that isnt frieza at this point lol

Resurrection F showed that the core Z crew can handle just about anyone in the universe minus the big bads. They were clowning on the entirety of Freeza's army including Master Roshi (who seems to have been granted some scaled strength in Super).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

He survived an attack from a God of Destruction so either he's insanely powerful or he has managed to unlock the power of comedy physics and thus could kick Vegeta's rear end if it was funny.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the average power level doesnt seem to be that high so if yamcha's power was in the tens of thousands he'd be stronger than most of the universe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Resurrection F showed that the core Z crew can handle just about anyone in the universe minus the big bads. They were clowning on the entirety of Freeza's army including Master Roshi (who seems to have been granted some scaled strength in Super).

I don't think Roshi got scaled strength, Roshi just was always a top-tier human until space aliens started to come into play. It's worth noting that Roshi is still arguably the strongest human being on Earth who isn't either an alien, descended from aliens, was given a powerup by an alien, or is a cyborg. Dude was an absolute fuckin' beast for humans.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

He survived an attack from a God of Destruction so either he's insanely powerful or he has managed to unlock the power of comedy physics and thus could kick Vegeta's rear end if it was funny.

Wait, but due to the decades of "Yamcha is weak" memes, Yamcha kicking anyone's rear end is now funny.

We've been unknowingly fueling his comedy power level this whole time.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They were clowning on the entirety of Freeza's army including Master Roshi (who seems to have been granted some scaled strength in Super).

Yeah, I liked that Super decided Roshi had been keeping up with training and was in secret still very formidable- he just was old and usually is fine leaving things to the younguns.

It still feels like they were setting up him dying during the ToP and then wimped out on it though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
raditz was considered exceptional by frieza force goon standards and his power level was only 1600

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Hell, Captain Ginyu was the single most elite fighter in his entire army, leader of his special forces unit, and he only achieved that role through his body change technique. He doesn't even really show any exceptional aptitude at fighting, so we're left to assume he just brute forced his way to the top of the pile by stealing the bodies of anyone more powerful than himself.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Zonekeeper posted:

Hell, Captain Ginyu was the single most elite fighter in his entire army, leader of his special forces unit, and he only achieved that role through his body change technique. He doesn't even really show any exceptional aptitude at fighting, so we're left to assume he just brute forced his way to the top of the pile by stealing the bodies of anyone more powerful than himself.

ginyu knows more about ki than the average fighter and knew that goku was suppressing his power but he didnt know that the real reason goku was so strong was because of the kaioken which is a bullshit technique taught by a god that lives on a tiny planet with a monkey and a non canon grasshopper

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ginyu knows more about ki than the average fighter and knew that goku was suppressing his power but he didnt know that the real reason goku was so strong was because of the kaioken which is a bullshit technique taught by a god that lives on a tiny planet with a monkey and a non canon grasshopper

And a space pirate.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zonekeeper posted:

He just assumed Goku was a mutant like him and all his power was just out in the open. Apparently had no idea that Goku actually trained and could control his power to a degree that very few people could even fathom, which was his downfall. All that overwhelming power is useless if you can't access it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Which is also located in the afterlife.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Sea Lily posted:

Yeah, I liked that Super decided Roshi had been keeping up with training and was in secret still very formidable- he just was old and usually is fine leaving things to the younguns.

It still feels like they were setting up him dying during the ToP and then wimped out on it though.

I have to assume his power up came from a combination of the unspoken "seeing a higher power level makes it way easier to reach it" rule, and being inspired by his students hitting what seemed like a ceiling and smashing through it over and over.

Krillin in particular is a normal human who is more powerful than Roshi would have considered possible at his previous peak, and that probably taught Roshi that he had higher to go too.

He learned from his students. :3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain France posted:

I have to assume his power up came from a combination of the unspoken "seeing a higher power level makes it way easier to reach it" rule, and being inspired by his students hitting what seemed like a ceiling and smashing through it over and over.

Krillin in particular is a normal human who is more powerful than Roshi would have considered possible at his previous peak, and that probably taught Roshi that he had higher to go too.

He learned from his students. :3:

I wonder if Krillin ever told Roshi that he got his potential unleashed by an alien god.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Remember that Roshi basically fought Goku to a draw back in the first Budokai and then conceded to Tenshinhan in the second, who then fought the powered up Goku essentially to a draw.

This was the Goku that had trained under Korin, killed Taopaipai and taken out the entire Red Ribbon Army, not to mention Baba's Mummy and Devil.

Roshi had a lot of ground to cover even before his students started training with a parade of gods.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

He blew up the drat moon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

P-Mack posted:

He blew up the drat moon!

So did Piccolo