Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Even for Angel this is egregious holy poo poo

I always knew we'd get a time when an ump would do the 'I don't care what the replay says I can call what I want' thing and I should have known it would be Angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

bees x1000 posted:

is it just me or is the nike mark getting bigger

If I were a Nike executive I wouldn't want my company's logo anywhere near that reeking pile of poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angel Hernandez dying should generate Bin Laden levels of celebration in the streets

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Kyle will just pretend it's 2016 game 6

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I think he fucks up calls on purpose at this point.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Umpires Union can't be that strong to where Angel Hernandez is untouchable. Why is MLB allowing this?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Intruder posted:

I always knew we'd get a time when an ump would do the 'I don't care what the replay says I can call what I want' thing and I should have known it would be Angel

It'll be real funny when we get Angel Hernandez arguing against robo umps that have like 98.9% accuracy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The Umpires Union can't be that strong to where Angel Hernandez is untouchable. Why is MLB allowing this?

Seems like it is.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They're creating cause to break the union with robo umps :tinfoil:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lol

https://twitter.com/timkellysports/status/1776252964421693802?s=61&t=iXT8VCj9Jrtrh-W4J1osdA

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Coruscant rear end number

Sucks that we've entered the corporate Ohtani era

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They forgot the hammer

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Turner?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

By the way is there a website somewhere that lists what games Angel Hernandez will be umping, so I know which games not to bother watching? Would be a big help for me as a teamless baseball fan who just watches whatever game looks itneresting on a given day. I hate getting a few innings into a game before realizing Angel is involved and I wasted my time.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Does Philly have a Bueller in their system?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

explosivo posted:

It'll be real funny when we get Angel Hernandez arguing against robo umps that have like 98.9% accuracy.

He'll definitely try to toss the robo ump

No no no the hitter is supposed to be the bat man, not the Riddler

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Turner is the goddamn Riddler apparently.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Coruscant rear end number

Sucks that we've entered the corporate Ohtani era

It just means that his eventual turn back to the People’s Ohtani will be even sweeter.

I saw Ohtani hit a dinger to the moon at the Cell a year or two ago, there was practically a section of Japanese fans near me who all went insane at the sight. I file him with Judge in the “I greatly enjoy seeing him hit dingers, just not against my team, and everyone else on his team can get hosed” bucket.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dark Ohtani...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

lmao

Looks like a lovely Mariners BP jersey. Uniforms should not immediately evoke a completely different franchise. Reminds me of the Rangers City Connects, which I always think are the Twins.

If they're gonna do this bullshit it might as well be unique, I think San Diego is the only one I actually recognize and respond well do when flipping to a game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Comrade Turner

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bregor posted:

Looks like a lovely Mariners BP jersey. Uniforms should not immediately evoke a completely different franchise. Reminds me of the Rangers City Connects, which I always think are the Twins.

Yeah this is where I'm at with it too. Baltimore's was sorta :effort: but it at least didn't immediately make me think "this looks like another team's jersey"

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

For some reason I thought Baltimore's City Connect was Old Bay-themed and I had to check what it actually was and while it is 'fine' I am bummed that it isn't Old Bay (with a Natty Boh dude on the cap).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wish I could get Utz's crab chips around here -_-

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Robert Facepalmer posted:

For some reason I thought Baltimore's City Connect was Old Bay-themed and I had to check what it actually was and while it is 'fine' I am bummed that it isn't Old Bay (with a Natty Boh dude on the cap).

Yeah the hat bummed me out. I wanted a cool new hat but a plain black hat with a cursive B on it is just too bland for me to consider dropping close to $50 on one.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs are going to get completely loving demolished today and I do not give a poo poo because afternoon baseball is BACK and working a lazy Friday afternoon with the Cubs on in the second monitor is one of the great joys of life.

A spectre is haunting Citizens Bank Park.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I liked the Nats city connect jersey, and Arizona's was good. Those are the only two that I could say were better than "Meh". I really don't like the new Phillies one, but I'll still probably end up buying the hat because I have a problem.

(There's 3 more that aren't in this pic, possibly 4. I picked up a grey spring training one, another baby blue one, and the Phanatic batting practice cap this year)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is this bad
https://x.com/soxmachine_josh/status/1776069618773213353

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Imagine existing in the same league as the 2024 Oakland Sacramento Athletics, and somehow being the more embarrassing team.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The curse of maldy

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Imagine existing in the same league as the 2024 Oakland Sacramento Athletics, and somehow being the more embarrassing team.

White Sox have a real shot at being worse than the A's this season.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rob Manfred has concerns about gambling and it's interaction with baseball players. Is he concerned about game-fixing or similar anti-competitive practices? No of course not, he's concerned that young talented players might get some money sooner, fortifying their resolve to hold out for a big free agency payday and undercutting ownership leverage over pre-FA players.

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1776278751636303912

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Luis Robert looking around like Travolta in Pulp Fiction wondering where everyone else who is good at baseball is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1776275390949937641
gently caress off

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Like why would you accept a couple dumb signed items even if they're pressuring you that they won't authenticate?

I can't imagine not rather just having the ball, it's on video plus you can point out how lovely they were about it if you feel like it.
I think the only thing that would get me is if they convinced me the ball means way more to the player than it could to me. and that's where I think the swag stuff comes into play where they're like no no, look, we can give you 100 signed bats, but we need this. But Ohtani's "first home run as a Dodger" doesn't feel that meaningful to me anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why wouldn't his first homerun for a major league team be meaningful?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://x.com/athletics/status/1776287674128584845?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

lol, yeah shits gonna be flying off the shelves

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
excited to pick up my "Transiently Located In Sacramento" t-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bawfuls posted:

Rob Manfred has concerns about gambling and it's interaction with baseball players. Is he concerned about game-fixing or similar anti-competitive practices? No of course not, he's concerned that young talented players might get some money sooner, fortifying their resolve to hold out for a big free agency payday and undercutting ownership leverage over pre-FA players.

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1776278751636303912

No no no this is the same thing they banned in soccer and tech bros have been trying to do with student loans. This is for financially exploiting prospects who grew up in poverty.