Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Wedge Regret

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Iran should strike all of Israel’s discotheques at once. really hit them in the national balls.

Destroy the MDMA factories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

it seems like america is actually frightened and have begun sounding the alarms that Iran is going to attack Israel directly and target their actual military infrastructure. not through proxies and not taargeting piddly diplomatic buildings.

could be typical biy crying wolf and iran doesnt seem like theyre in the mood to go THAT hard but who knows. i highly doubt iran will strike right when america expects it.

===========

Washington is preparing for a major Iranian attack

Washington is on high alert and preparing for a major Iranian attack over the coming week, a senior U.S. official said.

Senior U.S. officials believe the Iranian attack is inevitable, senior U.S. official said.

U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration is concerned that Iran plans to strike targets inside Israel, NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying.

America expects Iran to target Israeli military sites

“Any Iranian retaliation backlash inside Israel will target military or intelligence sites,” NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying.

NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying that the Biden administration had begun discussing options for responding to “potential retaliatory moves by Iran.”

“The United States fully supports Israel’s defense needs against Iranian threats,” a senior U.S. official was quoted by NBC as saying.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31585;&%231590;

They may be. Sometimes anonymous US intelligence sources are actually telling the truth, i.e. Russia invading Ukraine. Who knows what information they have though. They certainly see some level of prep work being done for whatever retaliation is being planned, but how honest US intelligence is being is always a crap shoot

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So the US has given you a single blank check, hit all the Israel targets at once.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

harden your hearts Iran

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Absolutely insane for a German to call the Palestinians "descendants of Jew gassers". What's wrong with Europeans

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/CarolineGlick/status/1768626214879604786

Hamas is the water, Hamas is the sky

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Honky Mao posted:

Absolutely insane for a German to call the Palestinians "descendants of Jew gassers". What's wrong with Europeans

Antideutsche are a trip

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

owen jones did a really good job against this nazi propagandist

https://youtu.be/1lMXLCqgs7c?si=5JeHdQpUxTJ7045j

jesus christ that dude literally asks jones why he cares about gaza and child prisoners
brainwashed sociopaths

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

apatheticman posted:

Destroy the MDMA factories

this would legit sadden and upset them in a way that even blowing up the IDFs headquarters wouldn't lol. I'm sure Mossad would also be upset about losing a lucrative source of foreign currency

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...worker-killings

Gaza killings: Australia plans to appoint independent adviser to scrutinise Israeli inquiry

quote:

Australia has demanded that Israel preserve all evidence surrounding the killing of seven aid workers in Gaza and it also plans to appoint an independent adviser to scrutinise the official investigation.

The Australian government said on Friday that the information provided by Israel on its investigation into the killing of Australian citizen Zomi Frankcom and her World Central Kitchen colleagues “hasn’t yet satisfied our expectations”.

The comments come after Australia received a briefing on the initial findings of Israel’s investigation on Friday morning. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said later on Friday that it had dismissed two officers and reprimanded three others for their roles in drone strikes in Gaza that killed seven aid workers on a food-delivery mission, saying they had mishandled critical information and violated the army’s rules of engagement.

The findings of a retired general’s investigation into the Monday killings marked an embarrassing admission by Israel, which faces growing accusations from key allies, including the US, of not doing enough to protect Gaza’s civilians from its war with Hamas, AP reports.

The findings are likely to renew scepticism over the Israeli military’s decision-making. Palestinians, aid groups and human rights organisations have repeatedly accused Israeli forces of firing recklessly at civilians throughout the conflict — a charge Israel denies.

The Australian foreign minister, Penny Wong, said official responses to the incident “suggest the gravity of the death of seven humanitarian workers is yet to be appreciated by the Israeli government”.

quote:

The Australian government also plans to appoint a “special adviser” to help scrutinise the Israeli investigation.

This person, who has yet to be named, would likely be an Australian figure with expertise in military matters and international humanitarian law.

The adviser’s role would be to ensure the investigation has been conducted in a manner consistent with the Australian government’s expectations.

Marles said the deaths “were utterly inexcusable and clear practical action is needed to ensure such a tragedy is never repeated”.

The IDF has described the strikes as “a grave mistake” that “followed a misidentification”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/05/zomi-frankcom-death-australian-gaza-penny-wong-benjamin-netanyahu-insensitive

quote:

The Australian foreign minister, Penny Wong, has rebuked Benjamin Netanyahu for trying to “brush aside” the deaths of Australian aid worker Zomi Frankcom and six of her colleagues in an Israeli missile attack in Gaza, labelling his remark that these things happen in war as “deeply insensitive”.

Wong’s direct personal condemnation of Netanyahu comes as the Israeli military reveals it has completed its investigation into the incident and briefed ambassadors from the countries whose citizens died in the attack.

“I find that statement … frankly, for the family in particular, a pretty insensitive – deeply insensitive – thing to say,” Wong said of the Israeli prime minister’s initial response.

“And what I’d say as the Australian foreign minister is we do not accept that explanation. We do not accept any suggestion that this is just something that can be brushed aside as just something that happens in war.”

The prime minister, Anthony Albanese, also stepped up his criticism on Thursday, calling Netanyahu’s initial explanation “not good enough”.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is far more likely to happen than the U.S. telling Iran they can attack Israel and they won't get involved.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Free Al-Saqr and ban Fluffdaddy

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Spergin Morlock posted:

this would legit sadden and upset them in a way that even blowing up the IDFs headquarters wouldn't lol. I'm sure Mossad would also be upset about losing a lucrative source of foreign currency

this makes me wonder if (how much) Israel is involved in illegal logging in se Asia & Brazil, that's where most of the safrole (unironically the sassafras rootbeer flavoring chemical, its why poorly cooked mdma will be brown & smell like root beer, ita just left over) for mdma manufacturing comes from afaik

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I keep reading that Onion headline as Israel orders strike on Chef Boyardee

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://x.com/peoplesforumnyc/status/1776376737330266358?s=46

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hadji murad posted:

I keep reading that Onion headline as Israel orders strike on Chef Boyardee

Please do, their food is absolute poo poo.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

lmao whoopsie!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

all I saw at first was the white splotch

"I just spoke to the Israelis and their position is the same" /wipes chin

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

it seems like america is actually frightened and have begun sounding the alarms that Iran is going to attack Israel directly and target their actual military infrastructure. not through proxies and not taargeting piddly diplomatic buildings.

could be typical biy crying wolf and iran doesnt seem like theyre in the mood to go THAT hard but who knows. i highly doubt iran will strike right when america expects it.

===========

Washington is preparing for a major Iranian attack

Washington is on high alert and preparing for a major Iranian attack over the coming week, a senior U.S. official said.

Senior U.S. officials believe the Iranian attack is inevitable, senior U.S. official said.

U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration is concerned that Iran plans to strike targets inside Israel, NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying.

America expects Iran to target Israeli military sites

“Any Iranian retaliation backlash inside Israel will target military or intelligence sites,” NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying.

NBC quoted U.S. officials as saying that the Biden administration had begun discussing options for responding to “potential retaliatory moves by Iran.”

“The United States fully supports Israel’s defense needs against Iranian threats,” a senior U.S. official was quoted by NBC as saying.

give iran a nuke

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Don't sign your rap lyrics.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

drat i cant believe Hamas is using that one wierd trick fascists and colonialists hate, doing what every successful guerrilla army in history has done and outlasting and outfighting your enemy on your own terms and using your brains and innovative tactics to fight against overwheling firepower.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

kirby face is the best :3:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

drat i cant believe Hamas is using that one wierd trick fascists and colonialists hate, doing what every successful guerrilla army in history has done and outlasting and outfighting your enemy on your own terms and using your brains and innovative tactics to fight against overwheling firepower.

Tbf even Russia, the US, and the UK while capable of a lot of evil imperialist poo poo aren’t a fraction as a stupidly and pointlessly brutal as the IDF has been in a way like they’re almost trying to make themselves as hated as possible while doing as little as possible to actually defeat insurgents.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

america firmly warns Iran .... to not strike american targets.

=====

Washington issues a warning to Tehran

A US State Department spokesman said Washington had warned Tehran against invoking an Israeli raid on Damascus, to hit U.S. targets.

"We received a message from Iran and our warning came in response to that message," the spokesman said.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
America using Iran to discipline it's unruly vassal is... smart maybe? I'm not sure.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

kirby face is the best :3:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Lol Israel

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Bad news for the IDF: the serious analysts have downgraded them to a Russia-style military (bad) instead of a US-style military (good)
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1775578404730925167

quote:

The IDF operates on the battlefield in a fundamentally different way than NATO militaries. It is a reckless, purposefully destructive approach to fighting that mirrors Russia's, and it's hard to explain to the armchair "war is war" crowd why this is important.

What do I mean by that? Let’s dive in. Long thread follows.

First, modern professional militaries understand the need to fight in urban environments. They also know that in such situations, less is often more.

Great care is taken to accomplish the mission (either killing or capturing an enemy or seizing and occupying the urban area itself) while minimizing collateral damage.

Why minimize the damage? Because the people who live in that urban area aren't going anywhere. The less affected by combat their lives are, the easier it will be to accomplish your mission.

Most civilians on the battlefield literally do not care about your conflict with your enemy. They just want to be left alone to go on with their lives. Not loving with them by staying focused on your real target, makes urban warfare much easier.

In cases where they do care, they become sympathizers or combatants. The more combatants there are, the more damage will be done.

Keeping people happy, or at least placated (the old "winning hearts and minds"), minimizes this, creating fewer combatants, less damage, fewer friendly casualties and a higher likelihood of success.

Maintaining urban infrastructure, therefore, is key.

Simultaneously, modern professional militaries understand combined arms and they understand that every piece of ordnance expended must be in support of mission accomplishment.

For example, the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan never fired an artillery round or launched a cruise missile if it wasn't in support of a specific response or assault.

Like targeting a specific enemy position or vehicle. Or initiating preparatory fires on infrastructure in advance of an attack (like blowing bridges to prevent a retreat or reinforcements).

It's never done randomly or punitively.

These concepts are what make NATO militaries different from Israel and Russia. Israel and Russia fight punitively.

They value inflicting maximum damage to the urban areas they attack. They shell cities and neighborhoods at random to inspire terror. They knock out urban infrastructure with no intention of ever entering, seizing or governing that urban area (and with no realistic ability to).

The point is to make life miserable for their victims, presumably to encourage a future surrender (which never happens).

Russia does this continually to Ukrainian cities they know they can't seize. They launch cruise missiles at Kyiv to knock out the lights, knowing full well their army is hundreds of miles away and unable to take advantage of it. It's just punishment and terror.

Likewise, Israel has pounded large swaths of Gaza into dust. For what? They're not occupying. They don't know who they're killing (among the thousands of civilians). It's simply punitive. The cruelty is the point.

This does not help them.

Neither Russia nor Israel have come remotely close to achieving their goals. Despite all the destruction, Ukrainians and Palestinians hate them, while the Kyiv and Hamas still retain control.

Furthermore, even if Russia or Israel were to kill enough people to induce a surrender, legitimate governance would be impossible after such destruction.

Now compare that to NATO's initial goal in Afghanistan or the U.S. in Iraq. You don't have to approve of the wars or the occupations. Iraq, specifically, was unjust and fated for disaster.

But I'm talking about how major combat operations were conducted relative to stated goals.

After 9/11, the goal in Afghanistan was to dismantle Osama Bin Laden's al Qaeda network, hold its leaders accountable and to prevent future similar attacks.

By any measure, this was a huge success. Bin Laden's network was annihilated, its leaders killed or imprisoned and no similar attacks followed. At the same time, Kabul, Kandahar, Herat and every other Afghan city remained intact.

In Iraq in 2003, the goal was to remove Saddam Hussein from power and replace his government. Again, however you feel about that goal, it was accomplished indisputably, within weeks. And again, Baghdad, Basra, Mosul and other cities sustained minimal damage. They were livable.

The same cannot be said for Bakhmut, Mariupol or Gaza (where famine is setting in).

The point in the end, I guess, is that winning a modern war is hard with a professional military. It’s harder when led by flawed political leaders. And it’s next to impossible with an unprofessional military, brutality and truly psychopathic political leaders.

When it comes to fighting, Israel would do well to listen to its American and NATO counterparts. Sadly, I do not believe they will.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol "offensive" being the qualifier here

I'm sure they're fine if we just start calling them defensive instead

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

That brandon friedman guy is right america never showered children with white phosphorous in fallujah and certainly didnt make iraqis lives a living nightmare and for sure didnt operate torture camps

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The main reason why alqaeda and groups like them failed has nothing to do with american genius its because they offered nothing better to their potential audience, almost excusively killed other muslims and were led by psychotic idiots who had no real goals other than social repression and sectarian warfare.

If america had fought against a group like hamas in Iraq they wouldve been loving destroyed because hamas offers people a better future, a bigger tent, a more free and tolerant society and are led by very very smart people who are academically accomplished.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Americans at least have the sense of mind to cover up our crimes instead of trying to gaslight the world by doing poo poo on video and then denying it. just look at all the rapes at abu ghraib that were never disclosed. And this was the standard of hegemonic power we were supposed to be afraid of losing in the face of a rising China.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

The main reason why alqaeda and groups like them failed has nothing to do with american genius its because they offered nothing better to their potential audience, almost excusively killed other muslims and were led by psychotic idiots who had no real goals other than social repression and sectarian warfare.

If america had fought against a group like hamas in Iraq they wouldve been loving destroyed because hamas offers people a better future, a bigger tent, a more free and tolerant society and are led by very very smart people who are academically accomplished.

There’s a reason secular pan-arab movements have been treated as such an existential threat by the west, Israel, and monarchists in the region they would rather prop up and arm anyone who was against them, be it whabbist psychos and even the more nationalistic Baathist groups like young Saddam’s.

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

This interview was heartening to hear, Sofia is a conscientious objector currently in and out of Israeli prison for refusing conscription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPnDgiGpuw&t=5138s

@1:20 if it doesn't key in.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao I was trying to figure out why this was pregnant posting

Oh yeah, it's a dumb joke about me posting how Portugal is handling the situation. It's usually a basic bread roll + sauted \ flash fried pork or beef + some sort of mustard or tarty saucem and that's the closest thing I can think of a cheap meat sammich type commentary.

I will say that the current administration hyping up AI as an approach to science and ending up boosting that IDF AI story out of weird excitement was quite a move. Yeah tell us about the Here's Daddy ai that explodes whole families as a good example. That'll be swell.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Spoondick posted:

obama won a nobel peace prize then oversaw 16 aggregate years of occupation in iraq and afghanistan while expanding drone strikes and special forces raids all over the world, a liberal icon and hero

it will never not be funny to me that obama holds also the dubious distinction of being a nobel peace prize laureate who bombed another nobel peace prize laureate (MSF). iirc Tho/Kissy doesn't count because the bombing campaigns against hanoi were over? or cause tho refused the award? i'm not 100% on why that one doesn't count. either way, lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone correct me if I am way off base here, but Israel kinda sucks?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Wedge Regret

I said come in! posted:

This blood libel will not stand, you should be disgusted with yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/nukedeverywhere/status/1776308866969440559?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA