Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mei Mei is ready to go sign a lease to a mansion in Brazil if Sukuna regains domain expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah honestly I figure Mei Mei is absolutely not going to draw attention to herself if she can help it, and will dip/has already dipped if the situation looks hopeless.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
now i'm convinced mei mei's jumping in next chapter

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Nuebot posted:

After Sukuna wipes out the rest of the cast he will trip down some stairs and die

He's 400 years old, from a time before vaccines, he should be dead from a cold already.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Scallop Eyes posted:

He's 400 years old, from a time before vaccines, he should be dead from a cold already.

That's the real reason he waited so long before incarnating: he was transcribing the immune information from Megumi's body to his own.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scallop Eyes posted:

The flu's domain expansion was nothing, it could never dream of taking down this guy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tosk posted:

Over the past few weeks, I keep wondering to myself randomly at some points, why hasn't Mei Mei been strategically sniping at Sukuna the whole time? She said herself that even the strongest sorcerers never tried to tank the suicide crows, and it almost seems like with her CT she might have an infinite supply and probably from far enough away to hide pretty easily. Feels like a missed opportunity.
My continued gripe is that everyone has inconveniently decided to not group up in ways that would truly maximize their chances of killing Sukuna. Yuta is one thing because he put himself on Kenjaku duty and at least acknowledges this was most likely a prideful mistake on his part. But we have a guy that can at least once successfully pin Sukuna down and even force his attention elsewhere effectively stunning Sukuna for a second, and he chose to wait until 3 of the plans to kill Sukuna fail before showing up to fight along a guy who can only really melee punch Sukuna while breakdancing.

I get that everyone says their reasons but I think they are dumb reasons for the most part. This isn't Shibuya where there are actually way too many objectives to accomplish and way too much ground to cover in doing so. There are only two things that need to be done here, Kill Sukuna and Kill Kenjaku. Yet everyone has decided to line up as if they truly are expecting the previous plan to fail but surely their won't. And then they don't accomplish the goal of Killing Sukuna and the unforseen consequence is that he's starting to gas himself up. I know Yuji isn't going to die and that's why he can at least mitigate this, but they didn't.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Mei-Mei does not trust her tanks to keep aggro for the amount she's being paid
She didn't have a problem doing it the first time and she's far enough away from the battle that her brother would have ample time to get her out of there and out of the country just like in Shibuya should things go south. The only thing that would make this change is if Ui Ui actually died which even not isn't the reality.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No rational person would want to fight the Strongest Dude

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pretty sure one of the guys also comments how Sukuna's light jabs aren't one-shotting him because he waited until all the debuffs piled up, aka had he tried anything any time sooner he would've wiped to a stray hit.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Coming back to Yuji real quick, remember in the Todo fight, when he could set up his cursed energy to do a delayed hit on someone? Todo said that was the wrong way, and he should have them hit almost instantly, so that's when he learned to do a blackflash.

Well, what if he combined the two? If he set up the delayed hit, and 0.000001 seconds before that hits, he hit with another blackflash, could he get a blackflash squared?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Brought To You By posted:

I get that everyone says their reasons but I think they are dumb reasons for the most part.

Their reasons are that, fundamentally, only a handful of people want Sukuna dead badly enough to stake their lives on it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Their reasons are that, fundamentally, only a handful of people want Sukuna dead badly enough to stake their lives on it.

So one question I have is why did Miguel even bother agreeing to help fight Sukuna at all? Did anyone seriously think that they could just punch Sukuna to death as a plan 'D'? I know Yuji is punching hard but at least he has the benefit of debilitating Sukuna every single time he does it and he has been firmly relegated to support for most of this encounter barring the plan to rouse Megumi's soul.

Since Shibuya we've known that Miguel and Larue only cared to support Geto and thus had no reason to oppose Kenjaku. But since they aren't ideologically driven to support Kenjaku like some of Geto's crew, which would ultimately lead to the death of non-sorcerers, they stayed out of that situation entirely. Then the story presents the idea that Kenjaku's mega-curse could threaten more than just Japan so Miguel is reluctant to agree to help. I'd imagine that would put Kenjaku in their line of sight rather than Sukuna. Miguel and Larue gets to put Kenjaku to bed and honor Geto's memory, they would be directly targeting the person that has the initial key to starting the merger, and it's an all around easier matchup to ambush a guy who is going to have the Comedian step up first. Even if Takaba failed I think Miguel would like those odds much better than hoping that Sukuna gets weakened enough that he'll even try and take him on at all.

Yuta's primary justification for fighting Kenjaku also really stopped the moment Gojo died. He only really wanted to make sure Gojo didn't have to "kill" his best friend a 2nd time. The excuse about fighting residual cursed spirits wouldn't be a problem since Miguel seems more than strong enough to tackle a bunch of cursed spirits and he'd be bringing backup as well. Specifically a guy that can pull, push, and stop enemies which is also ideal for mopping up spirits. Yuta also trained with Miguel so he's likely to actually trust that the job will be handled. Because as Yuta himself pointed out, Kenjaku's plan can't start until all the other players are dead which means he and Hakari alone gatekeep the merger as the two last strongest people in the game.

Now, instead of Yuta being late to help out with the actual best plan he can show up right after Higuruma secures his blade, pull him and Yuji into the domain along with Rika, and try and end the biggest threat in the whole series. After that if Kenjaku is still alive they can tackle him accordingly and presumably with more people intact as less of the Grade 1 sorcerers will have been taken down or injured by Sukuna.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scallop Eyes posted:

Coming back to Yuji real quick, remember in the Todo fight, when he could set up his cursed energy to do a delayed hit on someone? Todo said that was the wrong way, and he should have them hit almost instantly, so that's when he learned to do a blackflash.

Well, what if he combined the two? If he set up the delayed hit, and 0.000001 seconds before that hits, he hit with another blackflash, could he get a blackflash squared?

IIRC Yuji's Divergent Fiat was 'Punch hits, Cursed Energy Hits After' and Black Flaah is the oerfected version where it hits instantly after

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Yes, you can kill Sukuna by just punching him to death. These are sorcerers; that's how they typically kill things.

They asked Miguel because he's a strong fighter and they both presented a logical argument and appealed to his emotions, consequently he agreed to participate on the condition it'd be only while minimizing risk to himself.

Presumably Miguel and Laurie were on standby to jump Kenjaku if the assassination plan failed. The flashback begins at the point of the negotiations where they are asking him to help fight Sukuna.

Note the two best assassins in the group are Yuta and Maki, so they're who'd you send solo if you're looking to minimize spending combat power. Kenjaku had special grades within his Cursed Manipulation. Yuta hard counters Cursed Spirits via RCT.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So hits from Yuji hurt Sukuna more because of the whole “Yuji can hit the soul” thing right?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
a) numbers don’t matter when you have a domain, it’s instant death for everyone in the cast except for Gojo

b) Sukuna still has a hidden trump card which was one reason why they let Gojo fight alone

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yes, you can kill Sukuna by just punching him to death. These are sorcerers; that's how they typically kill things.
It's weird you think this when literally nobody else has tried to exclusively punch Sukuna to death except the one guy with the power to punch Sukuna's soul. Not only that, the one exchange between Sukuna and Miguel doesn't reveal that he felt those blows in any significant way despite half a chapter of Gojo talking about the incredible physique of a black man. :wtc:

quote:

Presumably Miguel and Laurie were on standby to jump Kenjaku if the assassination plan failed. The flashback begins at the point of the negotiations where they are asking him to help fight Sukuna.

Note the two best assassins in the group are Yuta and Maki, so they're who'd you send solo if you're looking to minimize spending combat power. Kenjaku had special grades within his Cursed Manipulation. Yuta hard counters Cursed Spirits via RCT.
That's a lot of good faith to assume they actually were at all asked to help out with Kenjaku based on absolutely nothing. As for Kenjaku's hypothetical remaining special grades. If Miguel's so strong with a technique that debuffs enemy cursed techniques, why can't he just punch those to death and isn't that still less risky than fighting Sukuna?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Miguel never succeed in punching Sukuna, he blocked everything. Sukuna is pretty good at defending.

Heck this chapter was the first time Yuji was able to sucker punch Sukuna without help.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sukuna was stabbed through the heart with a cursed blade and is still 4v1ing. How is punching him to death supposed to work unless you have yuji powers? Even maki's blows dont seem to do anything and she's supposed to have the hardest punches on the planet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

Sukuna was stabbed through the heart with a cursed blade and is still 4v1ing. How is punching him to death supposed to work unless you have yuji powers?

Hit him enough and he should stop moving from the damage.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Miguel never succeed in punching Sukuna, he blocked everything. Sukuna is pretty good at defending.

Heck this chapter was the first time Yuji was able to sucker punch Sukuna without help.

Miguel did get one good hit on Sukuna's torso. To say nothing of how cursed energy reinforcement mitigated it that's about all he got in before everyone else showed up right afterwards. But you are correct that Sukuna has been masterfully handling most everyone in CQC.

Yuji likewise got two clean hits this chapter but both were when Sukuna was either held down or distracted. I do find the panels of Sukuna with heart eyes incredibly amusing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I appreciate that everyone is targeting the injured heart because lol sorry Megumi the only way you're getting out of this alive is if you pick yourself up off the ground. Heart Puncher Brigade

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Sukuna was going even in CQC against Maki for a moment as well. someone tell this guy that he needs to let other people be the best at something

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I mean having four arms is a pretty significant advantage in CQC. It means someone has to be twice as good to break even against him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Miguel did get one good hit on Sukuna's torso. To say nothing of how cursed energy reinforcement mitigated it that's about all he got in before everyone else showed up right afterwards. But you are correct that Sukuna has been masterfully handling most everyone in CQC.

Yuji likewise got two clean hits this chapter but both were when Sukuna was either held down or distracted. I do find the panels of Sukuna with heart eyes incredibly amusing.

Yeah I just missed that with Miguel, thought it was blocked again.

I just think it’s notable that Yuji got the first punch, Sukuna being distracted hasn’t really let him land hits before. It was also a light distraction in Sukuna just being surprised his blow was not as effective. I think Sukuna’s ability to guard is going down.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was just requested to fight Sukuna next. Fortunately I am prepared and certain my techniques will surprise him. Wish me luck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I was just requested to fight Sukuna next. Fortunately I am prepared and certain my techniques will surprise him. Wish me luck.

Good luck, friend, just remember to stay on your toes and that at the end of the day that body is still Megumi's so you got like 70% chance of not losing against him

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It's weird you think this when literally nobody else has tried to exclusively punch Sukuna to death except the one guy with the power to punch Sukuna's soul. Not only that, the one exchange between Sukuna and Miguel doesn't reveal that he felt those blows in any significant way despite half a chapter of Gojo talking about the incredible physique of a black man. :wtc:

That's a lot of good faith to assume they actually were at all asked to help out with Kenjaku based on absolutely nothing. As for Kenjaku's hypothetical remaining special grades. If Miguel's so strong with a technique that debuffs enemy cursed techniques, why can't he just punch those to death and isn't that still less risky than fighting Sukuna?

If Sukuna was immune to punches he wouldn't be blocking them.

Also, yes, I trust the author to write characters and their narratives as if they existed beyond what's shown to the audience. Like, no poo poo?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Didn’t Sukuna swallow baby Tengan or something? He’ll probably reincarnate through her after they free Megumi

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually that reminds me.

It's implied (but not confirmed) that Yuta swallowed the last fingy, right? So that would mean he has a Sukuna inside of him, if one that is significantly less powerful?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It was explicitly stated and he used Sukuna's CT during their fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tosk posted:

It was explicitly stated and he used Sukuna's CT during their fight.

Was it explicitly stated? I recall it being Sukuna going "wait, how did he.. ooooooh, he must have eaten the finger" but Yuta's ability is Copy, he doesn't need to eat a finger to use a CT does he?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The last time we got an indication of how Yuta copies techniques it was Rika eating a body part of a sorcerer he was fighting, so it's likely either Rika directly or Yuta did indeed eat the last finger. Admittedly, I was expecting that to amount to more than Yuta just distracting Sukuna once, which is why I'd be very surprised if he never got back to the fight.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Next chapter the US general that looks like Wario squares up to Sukuna

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The last time we got an indication of how Yuta copies techniques it was Rika eating a body part of a sorcerer he was fighting, so it's likely either Rika directly or Yuta did indeed eat the last finger. Admittedly, I was expecting that to amount to more than Yuta just distracting Sukuna once, which is why I'd be very surprised if he never got back to the fight.

Yuta was able to used Cursed Speech without body part eating though, wasn't he?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

Could have drank some of Inumaki’s blood offscreen.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I mean, the first time we see him using Cursed Speech is after a time skip, so it's perfectly possible he did something like eating Inumaki's hair or something like that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter the US general that looks like Wario squares up to Sukuna

I literally forgot about them and I cannot imagine this makes it to the anime

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I literally forgot about them and I cannot imagine this makes it to the anime

He better be in the loving anime. “American that is really racist towards the Japanese for no reason and is immediately humbled, and also speaks flawless Japanese” is my favorite type of anime character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I mean, the first time we see him using Cursed Speech is after a time skip, so it's perfectly possible he did something like eating Inumaki's hair or something like that.

Doesn't he use it in JJK0?

I mean there's nothing saying he doesn't have a 'has to eat a body part' restriction but it is odd it hasn't come up before if so.