Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They should add the evil sun from Mario to the Sumeru desert areas.

I didn't mind balethunder at all (though I don't have them all turned off yet) but I hated the cold in Dragonspine. Not looking forward to dealing with it when I go back in for the last ~15% of exploration I have left.

I don't mind the corruption stuff in the Chasm and Sumeru since you can clear it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The cold was better than the thunder, really. You could just eat a thing and then you have plenty of time to find a heating stone to turn on or whatever, the only issue was finding enough carrots. Nobody in inazuma came up with a recipe for radiation tablets or something.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
How come my C6R5 Raiden is not immune to balethunder and thunder strikes

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Garrand posted:

Hollow Honorary Knight

:golfclap:

Excelzior posted:

this, I dont care if they dont flesh out every body of water, just allows us to swim freely from now on

Yeah, this. If they don't want new players just swimming out to Inazuma, lock it behind story progression, but otherwise we have the blessing of the Hydro Archon, that should apply to all bodies of water from now on.

If that's not enough, let us talk to Neuvillette for an upgrade, since as a fully-powered Dragon he's supposed to be much more powerful anyways

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finally made it to Liyue. :toot:

Some of these domains with either the Water Abyss Mages or the Ice ones are sooooo annoying. Getting caught frozen or water bubble just feels awful and completely breaks my flow to try to tap spacebar. :mad:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
My hunch is that they'll never backport the swimming mechanics because the awkwardness of swimming everywhere else is unironically a selling point for Furina.

Speaking of, hit 76 rolls on the Kazuha banner and got Tighnari. He's probably the best character to lose to so it doesn't sting as much. I should definitely get Fischl from the store I'm that case, correct? She and Bennet are the only members of the 4-star god squad I never lucked into. Other than that I'm not sure who my pulling aspirations should be next, I guess Furina or Nahida (or see what Zhong Life is about)

Raenir Salazar posted:

Finally made it to Liyue. :toot:

Some of these domains with either the Water Abyss Mages or the Ice ones are sooooo annoying. Getting caught frozen or water bubble just feels awful and completely breaks my flow to try to tap spacebar. :mad:
I forgot how much of a boner the early areas have for carrying a Pyro unit at all times, it sucks. And the reliance on stuns with no cooldown to gently caress with clear times is the worst.

mycot fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 11, 2024

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
i am sitting on a guarantee and like 120 pulls right now, and i'm saving them all for natlan because i want pyro archon and pyro sovereign (assuming they make them a playable character), and i'm hoping beyond hope the fire dragon is just a red palette swap of neuv gameplay-wise because having to use pyro in literally any other way right now is pain in the mondstat domains

seriously, arle does nothing for me design-wise, so if her gameplay isn't even more fun and easy than wanderer or neuv, she is my easiest skip since chiori

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Shinji2015 posted:

:golfclap:

Yeah, this. If they don't want new players just swimming out to Inazuma, lock it behind story progression, but otherwise we have the blessing of the Hydro Archon, that should apply to all bodies of water from now on.

If that's not enough, let us talk to Neuvillette for an upgrade, since as a fully-powered Dragon he's supposed to be much more powerful anyways

Let me ride on him in the sky

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

librarerun posted:

i am sitting on a guarantee and like 120 pulls right now, and i'm saving them all for natlan because i want pyro archon and pyro sovereign (assuming they make them a playable character), and i'm hoping beyond hope the fire dragon is just a red palette swap of neuv gameplay-wise because having to use pyro in literally any other way right now is pain in the mondstat domains

seriously, arle does nothing for me design-wise, so if her gameplay isn't even more fun and easy than wanderer or neuv, she is my easiest skip since chiori

Much like every other pyro in existence I like Arle's everything except her gameplay

It would be cool if there was a Fire Ayato imo

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Haven't paid much attention to her lately but I thought she was generally going to be an NA spammer.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raenir Salazar posted:

The Mondstadt weapon domain (hydro) and the Mondstadt talent domain (cryo) are literally the two worst domains in the game. Some say Archaic Petra is worse, but I still say it's those two because you can never really avoid doing them.

If you need to run them a bunch, pop into discord and ask in LFG to get a team and someone will take pity on you and help you out. https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Mondstadt weapon domain (hydro) and the Mondstadt talent domain (cryo) are literally the two worst domains in the game. Some say Archaic Petra is worse, but I still say it's those two because you can never really avoid doing them.

If you need to run them a bunch, pop into discord and ask in LFG to get a team and someone will take pity on you and help you out. https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Jesus, I definitely felt they were unnecessarily obnoxious.

Thanks! I'll delete an inactive server I'm in and try to join tomorrow. So far I've been doing fine with (Geo) Lumine, Amber, Lisa, and Eula (Main for this domain) at 40-50's (I think Lumine is highest leveled at 57? Eula and Lisa should be at least 50, Amber is stuck at 40 :smith: ) which is about 10-20 levels lower than the recommended (doing the level 59 domain I think?). I've been clearing them but it's very mentally exhausting with how much HP/Shield I feel like I'm needing to chip my way through even with Stat Boosting Foods.

I mostly spam E with Eula switching to Lumine/Amber/Lisa for their E's; Mainly Lisa for the Electro-Cryo reaction and Amber for her Decoy to gather the enemies into Eula's E/Burst range; I use Lumine's Rock Ladder To Heaven to get some Shielding and some damage/knock enemies towards each other and potentially as a means of avoiding the loving bubbles.

Then whenever the Abyss Mages arrive I just FIRE EVERYTHING at them to pop their shields and then focus on them until they die. At that point there's usually only a small handful of nearly dead survivors left.

I've had similar challenges where the Cryo Mage is the last one standing and I fail because it takes too long with a under leveled party to kill them, so I try to arrange it so there's the slimes remaining instead who die quickly when Frozen by Eula.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Note Block posted:

I'm the weirdo that loved sheer cold and balethunder and I wish I could turn balethunder back on permanently.
Whaaat.

My #1 favorite thing to do in any open-world game is explore the landscape, so any game mechanic that prevents us from exploring at our leisure aggravates tf outta me. If Natlan is designed to roast us alive, I hope there's some kind of goulash equivalent to cool us down. (Ooohh, like horchata...)

Meowywitch posted:

Let me ride on him in the sky
:krakentoot:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dragonspine would've been fine if after you finished the quest you turned off sheer cold imo.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I get the impression that peoples experience with sheer cold is partially just based on how quickly they discovered goulash and whether or not they liked having a pyro character in their teams (and wheter that pyro character even had a decent ability to light torches).
Exploring that place with Amber and goulash wasn't really a big deal. I like playing Amber and there's torches/fireplaces everywhere. It's a minor issue that characterizes Dragonspine as a unique area. It was interesting to me, rather than annoying.
But I can imagine that people who only ever levelled Xiangling (or worse, Hu Tao) and did quests in a different order had a really bad time.

It's not really the same experience for everyone. And they kinda moved away from your team composition being relevant for exploration gimmicks. Early Inazuma had some puzzles where applying electro to your character was relevant, but Sumeru already had most puzzles reliant on unlocking dendrograna, rather than forcing you to have specific dendro characters or types of abilities. Even elemental monuments seem to become rare, rather than being the default puzzle everywhere you go.

So I don't think people have to worry about this being a thing going forward. It seems like an abandoned design-idea to me. It's like worrying about them going back to the Electrograna zip-lines from Inazuma after we've already seen the Sumeru zip-lines and Chenyu Vale carp-lines.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You just go from heat source to heat source in dragonspine. There are a lot of them. I used to farm the elites on dragonspine coast back in the zero content + covid lockdown days of 1.5.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the annoying thing was getting the far-off Crimson Agates

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, sheer cold was fine. There were ways to heat up all over the place and if you really had to go free climbing up the mountainside or something there were consumables to help you. It's not something they really need to revisit again but for what it is it's a fine way to make the environment feel hostile.

The real problem with Dragonspine is that it's a massive 3D vertical environment with a large interior and treasures and POIs all up and down the place but Mihoyo didn't add in game interior maps for a good two years after it came out and it feels unlikely that Drsgonspine will ever get some. It's one thing to freeze to death while puttering around but racing a timer trying to find a quest marker that's on a floor above/below you and requires running halfway around the mountain to actually reach is just annoyingly frustrating.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Treasure compasses STILL don't work on Dragonspine.

We also have a ton of pretty good healers now. Back when I did Dragonspine I only had Bennett and Barbara

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The problems with Dragonspine or Baal Lightning in Inazuma are less and less pronounced the longer you've played the game. For a new player, they still loving suck. Dragonspine was designed for players who had been playing for like 6 months every day and so were areas of Inazuma to a lesser degree. Things mellowed out in Sumeru, then by Fontaine they realized they need to make this game friendly for new players

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Dragonspine released in Dec 2020 so people were still fairly new even if they'd played the game a lot since release. The freezing mechanic (like Inazuma's lightning) was never fun but it also wasn't more/less difficult based on time played. Anyone without Diluc or Bennet (most people) had to use Amber, but you'd probably already been swapping in Amber every five minutes for torch puzzles anyway.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish I had Good Amber aka Yoimiya

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
People warned me about the fungi in Sumeru but I still wasn't quite prepared for the uselessness of the pyro/electro drops. An upgrade mat for 5 weapons, 3 of which are Limited, come on Mihoyo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

mycot posted:

People warned me about the fungi in Sumeru but I still wasn't quite prepared for the uselessness of the pyro/electro drops. An upgrade mat for 5 weapons, 3 of which are Limited, come on Mihoyo.

The greys can be converted to either, I think. You'll just be killing alot of shrooms to get them that way.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The greys can be converted to either, I think. You'll just be killing alot of shrooms to get them that way.

You'll be killing a lot of shrooms in Sumeru anyway because they're goddamned everywhere.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ninjoatse.cx posted:

There actually isn't a grey 1-star version of the nuclei, because they're considered elite drops. :shepface: Neuv go out and do your thing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just have Navia shotgun the fungi clusters

yet another point for Navia

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

just have Navia shotgun the fungi clusters

yet another point for Navia

:hmmyes:

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

mycot posted:

There actually isn't a grey 1-star version of the nuclei, because they're considered elite drops. :shepface: Neuv go out and do your thing.

Now remember that 3.x was before Neuv, most people at that point were used to using Pyro/Electro comps in some way, and the new hyperbloom mechanic encouraged using electro

I guess the Ayaka, Ganyu, and Itto/Noelle mains were laughing, but it was pain for everyone else

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

People who play Noelle in the overworld scare me.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Eimi posted:

People who play Noelle in the overworld scare me.

You will accept your tea or you will be maid to.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Navia shotguns are the most satisfying attack in this game i think

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Codes! Getchyer codes here!

GGXG9VO6967I

CA3BLTURGH9D

BNYP6K5X4HIQ

HOFK9PBK481G

YKHC29118G54

NQXAP58F96ED

KAVI6G4PL24E

YKHCCO4ISDM8

OLQH7G62I7EU

GENSHINGIFT

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Codes! Getchyer codes here!

GGXG9VO6967I

CA3BLTURGH9D

BNYP6K5X4HIQ

HOFK9PBK481G

YKHC29118G54

NQXAP58F96ED

KAVI6G4PL24E

YKHCCO4ISDM8

OLQH7G62I7EU

GENSHINGIFT

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol that Lyney's VA also voices Blade

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I love that every single demo has arle setting all of the grass around her on fire

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

4.6 Livestream Codes (as usual, valid only today, so redeem fast) :

WTKBMBD8ZZRZ

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=WTKBMBD8ZZRZ

EAKA5BU9HHRM

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=EAKA5BU9HHRM

9B3AMTCQZYQ9

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=9B3AMTCQZYQ9

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Apr 12, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : quote is not edit

oh hey, free Gorou in 4.6

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

oh hey, free Gorou in 4.6

god dammit i literally just got his c6

well i suppose that is one free wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ty. Hoping banner 1 has lynette and frem on it.