Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

broke: melting down in arguments in his own replies
woke: replying to every official White House tweet with "that's another BIDEN WIN!!!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

lmao I gave this guy my money

And he gave that money to Joe Biden

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

He always sucked

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Another problem solved by Biden: after 6 years many of those detained are no longer children and can be tried as adults. It's called long-term planning, tankie.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

shant be reading this thread but i encourage all who do to report posts that are just tweet dumps, so i may punish them. thank you. or dont.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Creating a problem through inaction and/or incompetence and then "solving" it neoliberalishly might as well be the mission statement of the democrat party at this point.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

it'll get worse in this song

there are a lot of songs about a girl falling for a guy immediately on seeing him, but they are rarely written by the guy, about his self-insert version of a historical character
in some fairness your reaction to the song is supposed to be fear on the woman's behalf, because this is going to go very badly for her, but still. this song's about as masturbatory as you can get without putting hand to genetalia

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Black folx ain't having no biden

NEW POLL: President Biden’s support among Black voters in seven swing states has dipped when compared to the last election cycle, the poll found.

The poll also found that 77 percent of Black women were planning to vote for Biden in 2024, while 11 percent said they would vote for Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4587742-biden-losing-support-among-black-voters-in-swing-states-survey/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tristeham posted:

cowboy carter is pure garbage

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Man, that's a fuckin dire rhyme

It's wild how so many people just straight-up cannot accept - or even consider - the idea that the US might just functionally be a one-party state. The idea that our partisan politics represent a real and meaningful divide is just so deeply integral to most Americans' understanding of the world. You may as well ask them to consider that the Earth might be flat.

Same reason they won't acknowledge that NPR, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. are all on the same side and pushing the same message when it comes to rich person "important" topics

Speaking of, here's that graph folks had been asking for:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm hoping that if Biden does somehow win, states won't certify it. Nobody would accept that Biden actually wins in November.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

that professor also wrote the constitutional law casebook used in like every law school in the us

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

How dare she lecture a professor on his own property

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

rekt

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I ended my climate rights presentation with this image because I don't trust people libs to get visual metaphors.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nichael posted:

wtf

come on this post sucks. identity and age have no bearing on shitposts, and all are entitled to own without the artificial limits of :decorum:

Willa is like a red cape for the biggest morons on this site. The fact they go at her age in an attempt to find something, anything to tilt her is utterly pathetic.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4586780-senate-democrats-baffled-by-calls-for-sotomayor-to-step-aside/

quote:

Senate Democrats ‘baffled’ by calls for Sotomayor to step aside

Those pushing for the associate justice to step aside point to potential health concerns as she has Type 1 diabetes. But Democrats say they aren’t ready for her to depart the court.

“She’s not 70. I might remind some of my colleagues to look around, check their birth certificate,” Sen. Peter Welch (D-Vt.), a Judiciary Committee member, told The Hill. “She’s going full speed ahead. I’m not aware of significant issues, and I am aware of extraordinary competence.”

A number of Democrats indicated they were floored that this conversation is even happening, as Sotomayor has given no public signals she is considering such a move or that her health has changed recently.

“I think she’s doing a great job, and I think she should stay. I’m a little baffled by [the chatter],” Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) said.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) declared that the talk is “nonsense” and said she was surprised that this issue has entered the discourse.

Yeah, I just can't imagine why after the RBG thing and then the Feinstein thing people wouldn't want soon-to-be septuagenarians in spots that get lifetime appointments coming into an election where their side is likely to lose.

The 77-year-old, 65-year-old, and 74-year old quoted in this piece are understandably confused (given their age).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4586780-senate-democrats-baffled-by-calls-for-sotomayor-to-step-aside/

Yeah, I just can't imagine why after the RBG thing and then the Feinstein thing people wouldn't want soon-to-be septuagenarians in spots that get lifetime appointments coming into an election where their side is likely to lose.

The 77-year-old, 65-year-old, and 74-year old quoted in this piece are understandably confused (given their age).

so are libs in the bad place who think she's healthy, when she's been dying all year

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

peak funny is she dies the day of the election after a trump win

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

she's almost certainly keeping her cancer hush hush like OJ did.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

rest in power

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Democrats putting their personal career progressions ahead of any kind of political project is a pretty good decoder ring for what the party is these days.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

peak funny is she dies the day of the election after a trump win

trump will appoint a replacement who only that year turned 40

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ham Equity posted:

They're paid very good money not to ever learn any lessons from recent history.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It would set a dangerous precedent for a bunch of decrepit old fucks to ask one of their own to retire for the greater good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

trump will appoint a replacement who only that year turned 40

why so old? there's no age minimum for scotus, give it to a proto-incel 11 year old

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

why so old? there's no age minimum for scotus, give it to a proto-incel 11 year old

I mean... I don't think Rittenhouse is doing much these days.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ham Equity posted:

I mean... I don't think Rittenhouse is doing much these days.

he might actually somehow be too dumb for scotus considering he was also inexplicably too dumb for the marines

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

worse than gwb or buchanan

Truman, McKinley, Jackson, Reagan, off the top of my head.

Every president involved in the genocide of native peoples or imperialist war, which is basically all of them.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nichael posted:

he might actually somehow be too dumb for scotus considering he was also inexplicably too dumb for the marines

rittenhouse would just yell about jury null a vacation or something from the bench

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

Truman, McKinley, Jackson, Reagan, off the top of my head.

Every president involved in the genocide of native peoples or imperialist war, which is basically all of them.

W Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Coolidge, Wilson, McKinley, Andrew Johnson, Buchanan, Jackson

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ok_post_guy/status/1778224829998813221

I like how this person keeps posting the "Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey" done by professional historians as his evidence

He objectively doesn’t make the top 5, at the very least

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

He objectively doesn’t make the top 5, at the very least

I don't think he is even in the bottom 50%

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Trump hired the same type of neocon imperialist ghouls that any republican president would've hired. If something like 9/11 had happened when he was president he would've done the same thing as WBush or any other republican president would've done. (Most democrat presidents too)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

everybody always says the last president from the party they don't like was the worst president ever

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
if you think that people outside america are human then trump is the least harmful president in my lifetime

if you don't then he's still the guy who sent people money during the pandemic, likely more than the blue team would have

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Trump hired the same type of neocon imperialist ghouls that any republican president would've hired. If something like 9/11 had happened when he was president he would've done the same thing as WBush or any other republican president would've done. (Most democrat presidents too)

lmao al gore is on record saying he'd do what george W did but with a bit more decorum

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bedpan posted:

lmao al gore is on record saying he'd do what george W did but with a bit more decorum

Gore would have 100% invaded Afghanistan. I don't think he would've invaded Iraq just because he wouldn't have had the project for a new american century neo cons in his administration who had a hardon for Saddam for the previous decade.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ham Equity posted:

It's easy to imagine why someone would want her to step down: they are racist sexist BernieBros who hate women and they want to kick her out for being Latina, not complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No doubt Gore would have felt like he "had" to invade to "prove" that democrats can be tough against "America's enemies".

Also, just heard that Nordberg OJ died.