Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Dynamite kicked rear end. There was some fun matches and almost every promo was “hot fire” as the kids say. Do the kids say that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Tbh I rather see people pearl clutch about rasslin' moves than the sanctity of wrestling being tarnished by AEW airing the footage of Punk.

don't go to twitter

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman from ECW posted:

Dynamite kicked rear end. There was some fun matches and almost every promo was “hot fire” as the kids say. Do the kids say that?

these days the kids say stuff like glaze and lock in

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Dustin Rhodes and Joe fuckin' shined last night and Swerve capped it off beautifully. There's such a good Bad Blood theme going on with the main belt. Dynasty is shaping up

E: Does anyone have a gif of the Cope/Penta finish?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan brought up a good point on WOR - why isn't Eddie showing any frustration about losing 2 of his 3 titles in the last two weeks??

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

a lot of times, as fans get older, the moves that are sick and cool make us worry. It's because as we age, we overly worry about these guys getting hurt.

I'm experiencing the reverse. My bloodlust gets stronger and stronger with each passing day. I want 'em to get out there and gently caress each other up. I want a death match to be literal.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan brought up a good point on WOR - why isn't Eddie showing any frustration about losing 2 of his 3 titles in the last two weeks??

Old Eddie would wallow
Eddie now keeps looking forward to beating rear end

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

He did show frustration after losing to Okada, which led to him bringing back the "old" Eddie against Mark Briscoe but Mark still won, it was a fair fight, and Eddie accepted that because he likes and respects Mark.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also given the promo it seems like eddie can’t be mad about losing the roh belt to his good pal Mark after a hard fought match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I'm experiencing the reverse. My bloodlust gets stronger and stronger with each passing day. I want 'em to get out there and gently caress each other up. I want a death match to be literal.

I mean I'm def part of the sicko krewe, but a lot of times when I scream at the tv it's usually because I'm so scared someone was gonna get hurt. A lot of times that someone was Sting lol

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Dango Bango posted:

maybe I'm just trying to manifest it happening but I think Eddie's turning heel at Dynasty

he's hiding his frustrations now to stay close to Mark so that he can unexpectedly attack him at the pape

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Tbh I rather see people pearl clutch about rasslin' moves than the sanctity of wrestling being tarnished by AEW airing the footage of Punk.

The Jase Regal thread used to be filled with The Usual Suspects pearl clutching about how every cool move in AEW is dangerous.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Eddie doesn't care about winning or losing. This is routinely expressed every time he talks/wrestles. It's his whole character lol

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I am just going to pretend that the tape was so shocking to OJ Simpson that it killed him.

Thank you, CM Punk and Jack Perry.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

I mean I'm def part of the sicko krewe, but a lot of times when I scream at the tv it's usually because I'm so scared someone was gonna get hurt. A lot of times that someone was Sting lol

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Since nobody actually answered the question

explosivo posted:

How does Okada's neck breaker not actually, yknow, break necks? Is he supporting the weight of the person on the side so it's not full coming down on the neck? poo poo looks so brutal every time, I love it and his nonchalant "Yeah I just did that" reaction afterwards.

A lot of the person's weight is on Okada's shoulders. Danielson is bracing himself with his arm around Okada's waist. Okada is also cradling the back of Danielson's head. In the end there's not really much actual impact on the person's neck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Eddie also literally said out loud that he feels confused after his loss, before elaborating more he brushes it off for the match they have ahead. I think he's pushing down the negative feelings and a big match with HoB will draw it all out, much how I think Willow is also turning heel after she wins the TBS championship.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

He got angry after losing to Okada and told Briscoe he was going to bring out the old Eddie to kill his rear end. He lost, but he loves and respects Mark so it balances out. He’ll probably go off a cliff when he loses the last one.

Edit: wow beaten several times including almost word for word by Pylons

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I am just going to pretend that the tape was so shocking to OJ Simpson that it killed him.

Thank you, CM Punk and Jack Perry.

Finally a CM Punk punch does some damage

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I will say, Dave, not just him but so many "journalists", and so many people going "oh my god, this is opening old wounds" blah blah blah

Without mentioning that this isn't the 90s and the news cycle or the whatever you want to call it now with social media has the attention span of a goldfish and this whole thing with the footage is going to be forgotten anyway in like, I'm just going to say a month after Jack comes back.

I have no doubt there's going to be punk chants when he's on regular AEW tv but that's going to get booed away like yesterday when it started for a couple of seconds and died, but nobody mentions the chants dying, it's "well there was cm punk chants and they didn't want that you know"

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

neoaxd posted:

Hell yeah. Give me violence to toot and holler at. Feed me more.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Been a busy three weeks, I have several Dynamites & Collisions backlogged, and I haven't been keeping up with these threads so I was completely out of the loop.

Skimmed the OP and had to do a triple-take when the recap said the legit All In footage was shown. Felt good to have a :monocle: :tviv: moment out of nowhere like that.

How long ago did the Bucks start mentioning the video in kayfabe? April 3rd Dynamite, a Rampage/Collision, or was it on social media? Keen to see how they worked it into the show.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Eddie also literally said out loud that he feels confused after his loss, before elaborating more he brushes it off for the match they have ahead. I think he's pushing down the negative feelings and a big match with HoB will draw it all out, much how I think Willow is also turning heel after she wins the TBS championship.

i really hope they don't do heel willow vs face mone

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Parallax posted:

i really hope they don't do heel willow vs face mone

I think it's going to be heel statlander vs Mone to start
With Kris saying that she did it for willow...and the rock.
https://x.com/aew/status/1778260799745577100?s=46

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Server lag at the worst time, you hate to see it

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

kalensc posted:

Been a busy three weeks, I have several Dynamites & Collisions backlogged, and I haven't been keeping up with these threads so I was completely out of the loop.

Skimmed the OP and had to do a triple-take when the recap said the legit All In footage was shown. Felt good to have a :monocle: :tviv: moment out of nowhere like that.

How long ago did the Bucks start mentioning the video in kayfabe? April 3rd Dynamite, a Rampage/Collision, or was it on social media? Keen to see how they worked it into the show.

Only last night, really. Punk did a podcast to hype up WrestleMania with that Ariel guy that Tony hates and the stuff he talked about pissed Tony off something fierce, so he decided to go scorched earth on it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

neoaxd posted:

same buddy

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Miching Mallecho posted:

I have no doubt there's going to be punk chants when he's on regular AEW tv but that's going to get booed away like yesterday when it started for a couple of seconds and died, but nobody mentions the chants dying, it's "well there was cm punk chants and they didn't want that you know"

Even when Punk was still around in AEW, the funniest thing about CM Punk chants post Brawl Out was how quickly it died out and got drowned out by the crowd loving around with him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

kalensc posted:

Last Collision it was announced. But it only came about because of Punk going on Helwani and having a heavily-publicized interview where he lied about the events despite not even being asked about the incident.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It was a fun segment all around; I laughed at him making up a silly nickname for the Cope/Eddie/Mark trio :allears:

what was it, wild chickenhawks or something close

Lurks With Wolves posted:

(Also that part of Cope's promo was awkward, but sometimes a meeting goes off track and you need to recenter it.)

it was a mess but it worked and was funny

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Last Collision it was announced. But it only came about because of Punk going on Helwani and having a heavily-publicized interview where he lied about the events despite not even being asked about the incident.

also it wouldn't really have worked until the ftr/bucks match was official right

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

what was it, wild chickenhawks or something close

it was a mess but it worked and was funny

Rated R Chickenhawks

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Miching Mallecho posted:

I think it's going to be heel statlander vs Mone to start
With Kris saying that she did it for willow...and the rock.
https://x.com/aew/status/1778260799745577100?s=46

Is this the first time with this backstage interviewer?

She's the one they hired 1-2 months ago?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AEW/status/1778453462717550930

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
interesting that FD will in fact be in New York given the story that emerged the other day, though specifying Long Island makes me think they're running Nassau Coliseum instead of Arthur Ashe

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

interesting that FD will in fact be in New York given the story that emerged the other day, though specifying Long Island makes me think they're running Nassau Coliseum instead of Arthur Ashe

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1778453659065410024?t=iz4QFa2LZqOa5WhBZsX4Gg&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It being UBS basically confirms there was some cost issue unless there is some kind of conflict. There's zero reason to run a smaller arena miles away when you could sell 5,000 more tickets at Arthur Ashe.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a loving week between All In and All Out drat it Tony my wallet!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Shard posted:

a loving week between All In and All Out drat it Tony my wallet!

If there's a ppv bundle on fite,going to get it this time. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

well there you go then, that's neat