Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

graph posted:

so who do we think beat up mercedes. stat ?

she actually just turned off the lights herself and pretended to get beat up. she's an amazing actress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Forb next year in Columbus, OH...trust the process.

I drove to Columbus for work last year I can def make that drive. I'm there if it does.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Tato posted:

she's an amazing actress

lol

mods??

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

it was tony, as punishment for being tricked into thinking she was good

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Trying posted:

tbf to OP this is the sickest this move has ever looked & d-bry probably instructed okada to kill him for real

lol. was this before or after brydan broke his arm?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

Luckily, what's still free is reading the Ryback's take on the footage

When youre right youre right!

graph posted:

It was Marvez. He wants Mon in the first televised intergender match in AEW history

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

graph posted:

Heel Mercedes seems to be where theyre headed, I think she faked it.

My wild, out there guess is that Britt Bakers on her way back and it was her.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

some clearer footage of the crowd when they showed the tape. I thought the first videos saying this was a cm punk chant was weird. the number of syllables matched, but it sounded like no cm punk chant I had ever heard before.

https://twitter.com/KidouWrestling/status/1778387531555311779

Thank you Jack

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Thank you Jack

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wild, out there guess is that Britt Bakers on her way back and it was her.

i like this better

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Thank you Jack

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:unsmith:

https://x.com/ryrynemnem/status/1778265520707620999?s=46

Ryan :unsmith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shard posted:

just promise me you won't chant we want tables please

Deal. Can I chant "MEAT" if it's applicable?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

some clearer footage of the crowd when they showed the tape. I thought the first videos saying this was a cm punk chant was weird. the number of syllables matched, but it sounded like no cm punk chant I had ever heard before.

https://twitter.com/KidouWrestling/status/1778387531555311779

Thank you Jack

Thank you Jack

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Deal. Can I chant "MEAT" if it's applicable?

I insist

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Fans are just not used to seeing a wrestling promotion run by an actual businessman, and not a demonic carny or some other rotten promoter. I've hated people I've worked with, but you can't attack people at work. At least not the second time I guess.

I'm assuming the Bucks show up at Windy City Riot to save their new employee of the month. I don't really keep close attention to NJPW but I've seen a few US shows of theirs live. First time I ever saw Hangman and he did his perfect moonsault right by the 2nd row floor seats we had. AEW takes all the time I feel like watching wrestling though. I'm old and sickly and need my naps.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Im not a huge fan of having All In and All Out a week apart BUT they did a drat good job last year of making the two shows feel like big deals and that was with the insanity of All In going on.

The rest of this seems good. I know well never get a Pittsburgh PPV but dammit Tony you say were a great crowd and an huge wrestling city every time you come, give us a drat pape!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

just a reminder that Jon Moxley rules

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1778454474417410407

Jon Moxley posted:

Jon Moxley on his worth in the wrestling business and his critics:

Even if I win [the IWGP World title], its not going to matter. Ill be the most overlooked, disrespected, forgotten about, taken for granted wrestler in the history of this business. Its not gonna matter. But it means something to me.

It's been over 10 years now of people trying to put me in a box and tell me who and what I am, and what I can and can't accomplish. Tell me what my limits are. All these years later, I'm still breaking records. I'm still doing the impossible.

5 years ago, I was pronounced DOA.. dead before I even walked through the doors of NJPW. I just keep continuing to subvert expectations.

(via interview with NJPW)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This was a pretty average dynamite which makes it still probably one of the better shows imo.

Punk footage was exactly what people expected it to be which is nothing thats gonna dissuade anyone who already picked a side. lol at that lovely suckerpunch shove though, what a weenie.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man he was on top of the world and a critical darling at that time, and was only briefly disrespected during the time before he had to come in and carry aew. maybe 6 or 9 months out of the past 5 years has jon moxley not gotten some of the highest respect of anyone. what a nut

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

except right now. he doesn't get enoughj respect now. i forgot

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
He held the GCW Championship, what more could he want?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Eventually Moxley and Ospreay are going to wrestle on AEW television and on that day I will transcend into the highest plane of existence.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan brought up a good point on WOR - why isn't Eddie showing any frustration about losing 2 of his 3 titles in the last two weeks??

he's been in therapy and it has been helping

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I met Mox at a convention and had him sign his book. I told him how great he was and how inspirational it was to follow his career and realize you can take a gamble on yourself and leave a safe and lucrative job that makes you miserable. He said something like hell yeah man you get it and then said the guys in front of me in line were weird motherfuckers. Then he took a picture with my wife and I and said Renee would love my wifes purse.

This is the best interaction Ive ever had with a wrestler and Moxley will forever be my Ace because of it. Well, that and the time he got that dude kicked outta Dynamite when he came back from rehab.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Miching Mallecho posted:

I think it's going to be heel statlander vs Mone to start

If they need to keep Mercedes face while she's still a shiny new signing, then this is probably the best way to go about it. Heel Willow would be cramming a square peg into a round hole and should be a non-starter. If you have Stat and Stoke go "Look we beat Mercedes up for you :)" only for Willow to go "uhh what the gently caress I didn't want you to do that," then you get to do Unlikely Allies Mercedes n Willow vs. Stat and whoever else you rope into this angle

Still would ultimately rather have this end with Heel Mercedes but I'll believe they're willing to do that when I see it

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

A Fancy Hat posted:

Im not a huge fan of having All In and All Out a week apart BUT they did a drat good job last year of making the two shows feel like big deals and that was with the insanity of All In going on.
what's the most insane thing that could happen in the week between all in and all out this year that could possibly top last year

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I really liked the end of Ospreay's promo. The crowd was starting to follow along with "On Another Level" and his moving his hand upwards was a great touch that looked very good on-camera.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

ryback spittin as always

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ryback was always good

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Punished Mox, A Man Denied His Accolades

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I dont follow NJPW enough to know if its possible but part of me is intrigued enough by the possibility of Mox beating Naito on Friday to buy that show.

But then I remember that the US NJPW live shows are almost always a complete poo poo show quality-wise.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fat Chris hero looks like regular Tony Schiavone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Again, mox is coming back to face ospreay after dynasty

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I dont follow NJPW enough to know if its possible but part of me is intrigued enough by the possibility of Mox beating Naito on Friday to buy that show.

But then I remember that the US NJPW live shows are almost always a complete poo poo show quality-wise.

I think the past few have been okay, but I've defaulted to watching the (included with NJPW World) Japanese stream with a VPN to save money.

The lineup for this one is really good so I'd recommend checking it out!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Moxley from his G1 run is still my PC background and will be for a very long time, because he rules.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sometimes homies just gotta kiss.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1778490700771852668

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

god I might be most excited for this match. What a crazy pape. Okada vs Pac. Danielson vs Osprey. Joe vs Swerve.