Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Shard posted:

Okada vs Pac. Danielson vs Osprey. Joe vs Swerve.

Man all these are going to rule but Okada v PAC I think I’m looking forward to the most :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
so, what was with that weird zooming going on with Mercede's promo? Like, it would zoom on her face, she'd say a line, it would zoom tighter, she'd say a line, etc, until it just zoomed all the way back out to show they were doing the promo in a hotel lobby with mood lighting.

It was weird.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The thing about Pac, and this is a certified Hot Take, but he is very good at wrestling and I like watching him wrestle and he's one of my favorite wrestlers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

so, what was with that weird zooming going on with Mercede's promo? Like, it would zoom on her face, she'd say a line, it would zoom tighter, she'd say a line, etc, until it just zoomed all the way back out to show they were doing the promo in a hotel lobby with mood lighting.

It was weird.

I think it was something new they were trying out because they did it during Jericho's backstage segment too. I didn't like it, hope they cut it out.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Okada vs. PAC is one of those really unbelievable matches AEW likes to toss out every so often, just a match that until the bell rings I won't believe is happening but I couldn't be more excited for. PAC is such a compelling wrestler - he found what works for him (being as From Newcastle as possible) and is living it up. It's gonna be fantastic.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ryback was always good

I wouldn't say that, but he's pretty good at being 'the worst guy you know made a great point'.

So Dynasty has:
PAC vs Okada
Danielson vs Ospreay
Young Bucks v FTR 4
And Swerve probably winning the world title.

Half of that would be worth ordering a PPV over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1778493379761881176

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Okada vs. PAC is one of those really unbelievable matches AEW likes to toss out every so often, just a match that until the bell rings I won't believe is happening but I couldn't be more excited for. PAC is such a compelling wrestler - he found what works for him (being as From Newcastle as possible) and is living it up. It's gonna be fantastic.

remember that Danielson/Suzuki match that they livestreamed on youtube before a random Rampage? That loving ruled. I remember watching it with my dad.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

OH HELL :stare:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Swerve-Joe, Ospreay-Danielson, Okada-PAC and Young Bucks-FTR is the most absurdly loaded top of a card

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Will got that grind in him.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

I think it was something new they were trying out because they did it during Jericho's backstage segment too. I didn't like it, hope they cut it out.

it was some genuine Kevin Dunn poo poo and I don't say that lightly

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Truther Vandross posted:

Swerve-Joe, Ospreay-Danielson, Okada-PAC and Young Bucks-FTR is the most absurdly loaded top of a card

AEW rules.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm looking forward to that match

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel like we are now way overdue for OC vs Suzuki.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Shibata-O'Reilly

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dynasty on paper is the best show AEW has ever booked. Nothing could stop me from ordering this PPV.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:stare:

Thank you Tony

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Truther Vandross posted:

I want Shibata-O'Reilly

That match would be equal parts me worrying that they'd end up getting hurt to me looking forward to the fact they may end up hurt

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love this gif so much and it matches my viewing experience so well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

enigmahfc posted:

It was weird.

They’ve been doing this a few weeks now. I don’t mind it so much for standing around promos bouncing from person to person.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ChrisBTY posted:

I wouldn't say that, but he's pretty good at being 'the worst guy you know made a great point'.

So Dynasty has:
PAC vs Okada
Danielson vs Ospreay
Young Bucks v FTR 4
And Swerve probably winning the world title.

Half of that would be worth ordering a PPV over.

the trios is probably going to bang real hard too

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I would like to watch Claudio and Will wrestle. I would like that very much.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Truther Vandross posted:

I want Shibata-O'Reilly

someone posted that oreilly/shooter gif of them wobbling, where was that again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t follow NJPW enough to know if it’s possible but part of me is intrigued enough by the possibility of Mox beating Naito on Friday to buy that show.

But then I remember that the US NJPW live shows are almost always a complete poo poo show quality-wise.

The biggest American Naito fans have all decided Mox is winning.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

It was weird.

Not every tv camera director could have become Kevin Dunn, but a particle of Kevin Dunn is lodged in every tv camera director

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

Thank you Tony

I should save this for the Hell Thread but AEW needs to get rid of the cheap Death Star back drop they’ve been using the last little while. I don’t have any better ideas though. I guess they can keep using it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Good new everyone!

Tony just announced that Ryback is All Elite and apparently he's winning the world championship in his debut!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

Good new everyone!

Tony just announced that Ryback is All Elite and apparently he's winning the world championship in his debut!

this is how we win

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

Thank you Tony

the feeling?

it never left motherfuckers :yeshaha:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Put that little clam digger on commentary

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

I should save this for the Hell Thread but AEW needs to get rid of the cheap Death Star back drop they’ve been using the last little while. I don’t have any better ideas though. I guess they can keep using it.

I think they should just use backstage areas more often than not. It helps ground the show in reality when wrestlers are cutting interviews on their way to the car or are all meeting up around what is clearly an "interview area" like the fun Cope And The Gang segment last night or are watching the feed from production or their locker room. This kind of backstage area feels too divorced from the happenings in the ring.

On the other hand, the WCW-style interviews on the stage with Renee have been kickass.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1778493879945150504

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sandman from ECW posted:

Agreed, that poo poo looks cheap as hell especially when it starts waving around

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Good god

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

claudio vs ospreay

holy poo poo. piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Either Claudio is gonna catch Ospreay into a Giant Swing or Ospreay is gonna reverse it into something but either way it'll be bugfuck nuts