Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Not sure about the murders, but I think we can rule out OJ Simpson having a cameo in the Naked Gun reboot.

I was about to ask if he's the last surviving main actor from that film series and I guess I don't need to now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Young Freud posted:

I was about to ask if he's the last surviving main actor from that film series and I guess I don't need to now.
Priscilla probably is now.

drat, now he’ll never catch the real killer.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Not sure about the murders, but I think we can rule out OJ Simpson having a cameo in the Naked Gun reboot.

Vaxxed?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm mostly expecting a song named "I'm just Wheelbarrow" about the most unpopular Monopoly piece.

The captain, tired of the antics of the man in the top hat, sets anchor outside of the boardwalk. The battleship's main battery turns toward the city.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The actress that played Queen Elizabeth is still alive. And apparently exclusively play Queen Elizabeth for like 30 years.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Lavender Spliffs posted:

A judge character will say whe whole card during a trail scene while shaking her gavel at the camera.

Go to jail
Go directly to jail
Do not pass go
Do not collect $200

"But on the bright side, you have won second prize in a beauty contest."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A German Shepard's shaved rear end in a top hat won first prize.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I'd put him in Monopoly tho

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A German Shepard's shaved rear end in a top hat won first prize.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Young Freud posted:

Weird Al Yankovic.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A big bucket of movie news and/or popcorn:

Scary Movie is going to be rebooted. Whether is it an actual reboot or just buzz and they will bring back Faris and Hall I don't know. Also the article mentions the Face/Off reboot as still a thing.

Rihanna will be Smurfette in a new animated Smurfs movie.

Chris Hemsworth will be in the animated Transformers prequel Transformers One (a sort of prequel to the Bayverse iirc)

Who wants an R-rated TMNT movie based on the The Last Ronin? You are getting your wish!

Cinimacon also got a Gladiator 2 trailer, and dates for the new Spongebob and Paw Patrol movies

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of them still having a joke or two at his expense. Using a photo of him in an obituary for a gag for instance.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

mystes posted:

This should feature in the trailer, set to a slowed down version of a song or whatever the trend is

Feeling very old to remember this and its theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoLiVW9tT-Y

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Feeling very old to remember this and its theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoLiVW9tT-Y

Haven't even pressed play - just seeing that screen made me recoil from the unlocked memory.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Didn't know Monopoly had a loving theme

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Who wants an R-rated TMNT movie based on the The Last Ronin? You are getting your wish!

Give it to Gareth Evans

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't think the new Transformers movie is a prequel to the Bay movies. Paramount seems to be abandoning that world for the most part.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Hasturtium posted:

Give it to Gareth Evans

As someone that really has no interest in TMNT, this would be amazing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

They're rebooting The Running Man with Glen Powell in the Arnold role and Edgar Wright directing.

I swear, whatever happened behind the scenes of Ant-Man really hosed w/Wright's head. Just a steady drop in quality since then.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But we already have the best possible adaptation of The Running Man. It's called Super Smash TV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RevKrule posted:

They're rebooting The Running Man with Glen Powell in the Arnold role and Edgar Wright directing.

I swear, whatever happened behind the scenes of Ant-Man really hosed w/Wright's head. Just a steady drop in quality since then.

It could be really good if they're actually adapting the book and not just remaking the Arnold movie. The book is about how America is hosed with environmental collapse and a giant wealth divide while megacorps keep the population pacified with violent game shows. The main character is a guy who lost his job because they tried to unionize and he's forced to try out at an open casting call for said violent game shows because he can't afford healthcare for his sick daughter. He's chosen for the big show, The Running Man, where the player is just let loose in the world and have to try and survive against corpo hunters and audience participation in bounty rewards for turning him in.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah the Arnie movie is an 80's action movie classic but it really is related to the orginal book in name only. Seeing an actual adaptation of the book would be great.

They... um might change the ending though. Ends on the hero flying a plane into the main corporate skyscraper. lol.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"Heroic 9/11" has been done in so many movies nobody would even blink at it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

I don't think the new Transformers movie is a prequel to the Bay movies. Paramount seems to be abandoning that world for the most part.

I think if they actually wanna do that they'd need to clearly advertise a clean break with the aesthetic first and foremost.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

"Heroic 9/11" has been done in so many movies nobody would even blink at it.

Star Wars did it a couple of times. I think the MCU did it several times.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think if they actually wanna do that they'd need to clearly advertise a clean break with the aesthetic first and foremost.

Bumblebee and Rise of The Beasts actually do have some changes from Bay aesthetics, but it's blurred a bit by Bay himself changing the designs with his last two movies.

But Hasbro themselves might not want to change it too much because they want to capture that 20 year old Bayformers nostalgia crowd.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 12, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t recall anyone 9/11ing a building though off the top of my head. That’s probably too far

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rick and Morty made a joke about the titular characters not doing it, and just doing a Pearl Harbour instead.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CelticPredator posted:

I can’t recall anyone 9/11ing a building though off the top of my head. That’s probably too far

Postal

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

muscles like this! posted:

It could be really good if they're actually adapting the book and not just remaking the Arnold movie. The book is about how America is hosed with environmental collapse and a giant wealth divide while megacorps keep the population pacified with violent game shows. The main character is a guy who lost his job because they tried to unionize and he's forced to try out at an open casting call for said violent game shows because he can't afford healthcare for his sick daughter. He's chosen for the big show, The Running Man, where the player is just let loose in the world and have to try and survive against corpo hunters and audience participation in bounty rewards for turning him in.

There is no way Edgar Wright could handle a direct adaptation of the book. Wouldn't fit his style at all

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

True

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

B-Rock452 posted:

There is no way Edgar Wright could handle a direct adaptation of the book. Wouldn't fit his style at all

Also casting a white actor in the lead role would.mean they're not adapting the novella.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Bumblebee and Rise of The Beasts actually do have some changes from Bay aesthetics, but it's blurred a bit by Bay himself changing the designs with his last two movies.

But Hasbro themselves might not want to change it too much because they want to capture that 20 year old Bayformers nostalgia crowd.

Even though we're 7 years out from the last Michael Bay Transformers movie, there's still some connective tissue there, though it's starting to dissolve more and more.

The Last Knight, Bumblebee, and the upcoming Transformers One all started out as ideas pitched in a Transformers Writers' Room that Paramount set up in 2015, and were initially all supposed to be part of the same continuity. But as different creatives got involved in each project, they began to diverge into their own thing.

Sometimes this is evident in the movies themselves. Bumblebee came out only a year after The Last Knight, so there's a lot of stuff like Sector 7 and a younger version of John Turturro's character that show up in the movie to connect it to the other part of the series, and its ends with Bumblebee getting the Camaro altmode he sports in the first film.
But then late in production they decided to add a prologue sequence set on Cybertron, and decided to wholly reinvent the aesthetics of the Transformers' world from what we'd seen before and go full G1 fanservice.

Rise of the Beasts had some similar changes. The director, Steve Caple Jr. talked to Michael Bay about how to approach a Transformers movie, and one of the pieces of advice Bay gave was not to worry about continuity with the other movies. And while the film definitely doesn't, there's still some scars from where they were trying to maintain "close enough" continuity with the other movies. The third act of the film, which featured a big sky portal sucking things up, was originally going to have Optimus getting thrown into space as a way to link to the 2007 movie, where he didn't arrive on Earth until partway through the film. The issue of the Unicron character and whether he was hiding inside Earth or not also seems to have initially been explained by time travel - the version of him coming through the portal was to be from the future, allowing him to be in two places at once. A lot of the dialogue explaining the time travel stuff was supposedly cut from the movie, and all that's left are vague allusions to the movie's macguffin being able to transport people through time and space.

Transformers One has presumably spent enough time in the oven that it's completely it's own thing now, though there will probably still be a few things that are leftover from whatever Bay-adjacent ideas remain from the original writers' room pitch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

honestly randy quaid is more likely to do an actual one at this point

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I think it's fair to say The Guardian aren't impressed by the directorial debut of Nicola Peltz Beckham
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/apr/12/lola-movie-nicola-peltz-beckham

quote:

If a nepo baby makes a laughably oblique film portraying what she must imagine to be the strife of the impoverished class, but hardly anyone watches it, will it hurt her career?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's a good article.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

maybe her and steve mnuchin's wife can have an out of touch rich CU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheDeskDotNet/status/1778779222871613764

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao that looks as good as I’ve always hoped

Non stop 2000’s morphing people

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ivo Shandor was right, society is too sick to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

honestly randy quaid is more likely to do an actual one at this point

That goon who is Quaid’s neighbour and reports on his slowly ongoing home renovations would give us a heads up