Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's gonna be soooo satisfying when contracts start expiring and Tony can burn off the leeches and Fed plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I don't care about wrestlers' Twitter accounts unless they are super funny.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what the gently caress is with this zooming during interviews???

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's called CINEMA I thought you'd lap that poo poo up!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It sucks and I hope they never do it again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It wasn't just Pepperman that Mercedes brought with her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punk is a lil bitch, and that's on god

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if FTR lose at Dynasty, it's almost certain they go back to WWE, right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

No

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I think it pays to remember that anytime this happens now its better than 50/50 that they are just trying to up their bargaining power so they can get paid better on their next contract.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The EVPs took all the backstage cameras for their promo so someone tried to make do with one cam and the auto-reframe plugin

blunt fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 12, 2024

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

They literally re-signed last year

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t care for that Danhausen.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Danhausen stole my gimmick back when he was just Donovan so I'll never forgive him :colbert:

(That's not true, he's very nice in my experience, and I enjoy his character work and fun comedy very much but this is a very silly thing to do.)

I miss the days when he was just Donovan

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Say YEAH

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think FTR should win at dynasty

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The Senator Giroux posted:

mods?!?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Senator Giroux posted:

I miss the days when he was Jason Donovan

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Nah. FTR's whole promo about the Bucks not moving past the incident is really directed towards Bald's former BFF Punk.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those clown outfits they came out in were a wink and a nod

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm actually pretty excited for the new Bucks/FTR match now that I've sat on it for a few days. The added Jack Perry tease makes it spicier, and you either get a great team with a fun workhorse gimmick having cool face matches or you get a great team on a hot heel run with gold having cool heel matches. Either way, you're gonna get tag matches and belt defenses. Big wins all around.

It would have been nice to see Top Flight or Private Party go farther but I have a good feeling about the tag titles, whatever happens at Dynasty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Danhausen's last AEW match against Adam Cole and Adam just shoves him back under the ring

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
You all call Jericho a heat vampire, but look what Hook did to Danhausen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trying posted:

as a person comfortably in the forum demo (old) I mainly wince when anybody lands on their knees

For me it is when somebody does a moonsault or something but lands directly on their feet, and the impact on their ankles travels across time and space to make me go,"AHHHHHH!!!!"

remusclaw posted:

I think it pays to remember that anytime this happens now its better than 50/50 that they are just trying to up their bargaining power so they can get paid better on their next contract.

I think it was Braun Strowman a few years ago who responded to Meltzer saying,"With AEW now a viable 2nd option, many wrestlers are interested in exploring their options for the best deal when their contracts are up" by going,"NOT ME! I'LL RE-SIGN WITH WWE NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER ME!"? And people were like,"Dude... he's trying to help you..."

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Will Ospreay's shot at Triple H was Ospreay's own idea after feeling HHH had "mocked his worth ethic and dedication to the business":

As far as Ospreay, the promo was entirely his idea as he had very personal reasons to respond back.

Management cleared it when he requested it as he felt that after Levesque took a cheap shot at him, he didn’t think it was wrong to jab back.

It was bad timing because of the Punk thing, but Ospreay brought the idea to Khan, and even said he’d take full responsibility for it. Obviously the final responsibility is Khan, who clearly approved.

Ospreay felt that when one of the most important people in the business, who he had respectfully negotiated with, had mocked his work ethic and dedication to the business. He had said he’s never knocked WWE or its performers during the entire time. So he wanted to respond.

His feeling was that WWE was fully aware about his situation with his partner, woman wrestling star Alex Windsor, and his stepson. But Levesque still took a cheap shot at him and he felt Levesque deserved one back. - WON

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Pylons posted:

Will Ospreay's shot at Triple H was Ospreay's own idea after feeling HHH had "mocked his worth ethic and dedication to the business":

As far as Ospreay, the promo was entirely his idea as he had very personal reasons to respond back.

Management cleared it when he requested it as he felt that after Levesque took a cheap shot at him, he didn’t think it was wrong to jab back.

It was bad timing because of the Punk thing, but Ospreay brought the idea to Khan, and even said he’d take full responsibility for it. Obviously the final responsibility is Khan, who clearly approved.

Ospreay felt that when one of the most important people in the business, who he had respectfully negotiated with, had mocked his work ethic and dedication to the business. He had said he’s never knocked WWE or its performers during the entire time. So he wanted to respond.

His feeling was that WWE was fully aware about his situation with his partner, woman wrestling star Alex Windsor, and his stepson. But Levesque still took a cheap shot at him and he felt Levesque deserved one back. - WON

The tone of this report is so gross, man. Like AEW and Ospreay did something heinous by responding to the rape enabler from the rape company taking a cheap shot at Ospreay unprompted.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Will was right and the promo rocked :hai:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Pylons posted:

Recklessly speculating that HHH is grinding with Ava Raine is going to land Ospreay in hot water

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
OSPREAY OSPREAY OSPREAY

:black101:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ospreay is easily the best promo in the business right now. i'd listen to that lad yap about anything

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
He's good but best is a bit much.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

On a related matter, Alex Windsor is incredibly good and would make a great addition to any promotion's roster.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

On a related matter, Alex Windsor is incredibly good and would make a great addition to any promotion's roster.

Absolutely. Loved her little TJPW run. I actually gasped when Ospreay mentioned that's who his wife was on the Jericho podcast. Hope that things go well for her and she gets bookings when she wants.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Opened up my Facebook to post some pictures and this was the first thing I saw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no one gave a slut

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Shard posted:

Opened up my Facebook to post some pictures and this was the first thing I saw

Loved how these fuckos conveniently forgot that Punk never moved on, the punk cultists and drones didn't move on either when Punk kept talking about AEW.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Where are all the handwringing articles about how Paul would take full responsibility for what he and Phil said?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

God bless him, but Dave is terrible at communicating ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You just have to imagine all the umms and ahhs and smoke alarm beeps and then his writing becomes very clear