Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

That DICK! posted:

emf needs off seasons

Sent to the NXT thread to freshen things up, like Baron Corbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I actually quite liked what I saw of MJF during my all-too-infrequent AEW viewing, but I think I can understand the culture clash amongst regular AEW viewers. The problem is I don't know what else there is for him because preferably I don't want anyone to go to WWE. :(

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

Who else wants MJF to leave AEW, he seemed to be getting some good away heat before his injury break, would he do better there or will his height stop him. It feels like Hunter is fine with pushing short guys like Dragonuv or Cole. Hard to say
MJF in WWE wouldn't work, at least for his own ego & career. He'd be tagging with LA Knight in the midcard for a year, then destroy his ACL.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the cody feud writes itself and never underestimate that wrestlers will do the stupidest poo poo trying to recreate a whim they had at eleven

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

posting has no off season, this ain’t ballet.

Who else wants MJF to leave AEW, he seemed to be getting some good away heat before his injury break, would he do better there or will his height stop him. It feels like Hunter is fine with pushing short guys like Dragonuv or Cole. Hard to say

It's never going to happen. For all of the gimmick talk he's never going and it's because he legitimately hates them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

“Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance.”

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gonz posted:

“Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance.”

I don't know the context here but he looks like he's about to dance the Argentine tango on Strictly/Dancing with the Stars. With two partners!

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

MJF goes to WWE and cuts a promo about being short and Jewish and having adhd, and then Braun strowman comes out and throws him in the garbage every episode for three weeks while telling him he should pay better attention now that he is with the "big boys" and then MJF becomes My Junior-sized Friend with Shorty G

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
can someone explain to me why emf posting 'cody is good' causes you strife

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I liked MJFs players tribune article before worlds end where he talked about hating zionists that was pretty cool. He can also wrestle pretty well, but needs to mature some too. His angles that he presumably booked for himself were not good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

posting has no off season, this ain’t ballet.

He was never getting this heat in person. Only from posters. He was still very much over in front of crowds and will still be when he returns. No I do not want to see a watered down WWEfied versin of MJF.

His stuff with Adam Cole was rock solid right up until the foot injury obviously derailed whatever the plan was. Remember he and Cole challenging FTR for the tag team titles popped a big number on Collision that even CM Punk couldn't do. The only legitimately bad thing he did was the awful Full Gear angle with Jay White.

mooseinfants fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 12, 2024

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

its deluge of content and i slop it all up

This put an idea in my head

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I don’t see MJF going to WWE for awhile but I will take a wild guess that Ricky Starks is gone the minute his current deal is done.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

a dumb moron posted:

I don’t see MJF going to WWE for awhile but I will take a wild guess that Ricky Starks is gone the minute his current deal is done.

If he does go to the Fed the B-Tier Rock comparisons will be non stop and he'll have an even worse spot on the card, or NXT. He needs to be given a good long push against talent that isn't going to just fade out and he's left picking up the pieces. He's so freaking charismatic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

This put an idea in my head

I feel heard.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

a dumb moron posted:

this is feeling like a pretty safe bet as of late yeah

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Feels like Ricky, Malachi, and Buddy have their bags packed and are just waiting for their deals to be up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Feels like Ricky, Malachi, and Buddy have their bags packed and are just waiting for their deals to be up.

good riddance

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

buddy to the fed as a litmus for whether the vince demon has truly been exorcised (hob vs judgment day)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ricky feels like he'd immediately disappear in the mix in WWE

If he can cash in and wants to though, get that SLOM

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Gonna be real weird when everyone leaves to WWE and doesn't get tv time there either because now their roster is bloated.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody as cool as Ricky in fake-rear end WWE would be so loving awful.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

More jobbers to feed the Baron of NXT!

I have no idea what Baron Corbin is doing on NXT atm but he will have a higher standing than these three put together if they make the jump.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if he bulked up he'd be perfect for the Fed

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

The337th posted:

Ricky feels like he'd immediately disappear in the mix in WWE

If he can cash in and wants to though, get that SLOM

If they gave him tv time I think he'd do well. Buddy is the one I think will disappear immediately, unless he latches on to Malakai again.

I'll be disappointed if we never get that Buddy/Kenny match though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

People have been saying this once a month going on about 3 years now lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buddy, we're not getting any kenny matches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"They're Fandangoing on Raw tonight, Maggle!!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

People have been saying this once a month going on about 3 years now lol

guess how long their contracts are...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I absolutely do not understand where the Buddy Matthews stuff is coming from other than possibly thinking he'll want to work with his wife. He's been great every time he's in the ring and doesn't seem to have any issues with the creative he's given.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

guess how long their contracts are...

10 year bret hart style contracts

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody has many similarities to Jesus Christ

"KA-OH-DEE!!" -- Zandig

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I absolutely do not understand where the Buddy Matthews stuff is coming from other than possibly thinking he'll want to work with his wife. He's been great every time he's in the ring and doesn't seem to have any issues with the creative he's given.

He took a hiatus to "recalibrate" around the same time Malakai Black did, and we know that Malakai was trying to get out of his contract to go back to WWE, something he later basically admitted when he said "luckily Tony Khan stopped him from doing some irrational things". It's kind of assumed Black still wants to go back to WWE and I guess it would be assumed that Buddy just wants to follow him and work with his wife?

Like I get the logic that Malakai never does singles matches because he refuses to job, thus, he's just waiting to go back to WWE, but Buddy has very clearly not been refusing to job.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MJeff posted:

He took a hiatus to "recalibrate" around the same time Malakai Black did, and we know that Malakai was trying to get out of his contract to go back to WWE, something he later basically admitted when he said "luckily Tony Khan stopped him from doing some irrational things". It's kind of assumed Black still wants to go back to WWE and I guess it would be assumed that Buddy just wants to follow him and work with his wife?

Like I get the logic that Malakai never does singles matches because he refuses to job, thus, he's just waiting to go back to WWE, but Buddy has very clearly not been refusing to job.

That's sad to hear about Malachi, but also hilarious because good lord, what does he expect will happen to him on WWE? They rubber-chickened an All-American babyface, what could Dutch Kick-y Undertaker possibly hope for?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dave's star ratings

- Rhea vs. Becky - 4.25 STARS
- Ladder match - 4.25 STARS
- Rey & Andrade vs. Dom & Santos - 3.75 STARS
- Jey vs. Jimmy - 0.75 STARS
- Jade, Bianca, Naomi vs. Damage CTRL - 2 STARS
- Sami vs. Gunther - 4.5 STARS
- Bloodline vs. Cody & Seth - 4 STARS

- Seth vs. Drew - 3.5 STARS
- The Pride vs. Final Testament - 1.75 STARS
- LA vs. AJ - 3.5 STARS
- Logan vs. Randy vs. KO - 4.25 STARS
- Bayley vs. IYO - 4.5 STARS
- Roman vs. Cody - 4.75 STARS

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
looks like Dave's given everything minus stars

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

That's sad to hear about Malachi, but also hilarious because good lord, what does he expect will happen to him on WWE? They rubber-chickened an All-American babyface, what could Dutch Kick-y Undertaker possibly hope for?

Maybe he wants Cody to undercut his hot debut yet again

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Honestly, Malakai, Miro and probably Keith Lee can just gently caress off back to WWE. They can go sit backstage in catering at a RAW taping, doing not much else other than sucking a Saudi blood money covered dick together at this point.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Keith Lee has been injured pretty much his entire time in AEW. I don't really think he fits in with those other two.