Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gyges posted:

We'll know Enel is serious when he shows back up if he's in a hoodie with brown hair.

Wanna know who made all the robots?

Dr. Dre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Dr. Dre

poo poo I forgot about him

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Dr. Dre

He's dead, idiot, Enel buried him in his basement.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

He's dead, idiot, Enel buried him in his basement.

Actually he put him in the trunk of the airship and drove it off the edge of the world

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Trying to figure out if I want to go to the one piece symphony

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved the intro(?) of the Clima-Tact where all of Nami's attacks following Usopp's instructions are about the neat party tricks she could use it for.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

I found out by accident there's like a vocal Nami hatebase and theyre very wrong IMO

This is kinda crazy to me.

Nami of all people?

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
Never underestimate the Internet’s uncanny ability to unite people in their shared hate for an intelligent female character with agency!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
nami married oda so everyone is mad that they didn't get to marry oda themselves #relatable #couplesgoals

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nikumatic posted:

nami married oda so everyone is mad that they didn't get to marry oda themselves #relatable #couplesgoals

To be specific he married a Nami cosplayer and not Akemi Okamura who voices her in the anime (I think that’s right anyway, I could have that backwards)

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I thought the Nami he married was the actress from a live action stage show

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I thought the Nami he married was the actress from a live action stage show

Nope, it was indeed a cosplayer. They met at Jump Festa

https://fandomwire.com/how-did-one-piece-creator-eiichiro-oda-end-up-marrying-real-life-nami/

Edit: The article mentions a stage show so it could be both (I can’t find any acting credits for her though)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 12, 2024

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Larryb posted:

Nope, it was indeed a cosplayer. They met at Jump Fiesta

https://fandomwire.com/how-did-one-piece-creator-eiichiro-oda-end-up-marrying-real-life-nami/

Edit: The article mentions a stage show so it could be both (I can’t find any acting credits for her though)

Here’s some text from Oda’s wiki page

quote:

At 28 years old, Oda met her during a live action stage show musical about ONE PIECE at Jump Festa festival 2004, in December 2003, where Inaba, 25, costumed and acted as Nami. Chiaki was a stage actress for the Jump Festa stage show "ONE PIECE Spectacle Stage" (ワンピーススペクタクルステージ) held since 2001 through 2003 in the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall. After this first meeting in 2003 during the Jump Festa musical stage "Operation Luffy Pirates Destruction" (ルフィ海賊団壊滅作戦, Rufi kaizoku-dan kaimetsu sakusen), they had a courtship for one year before they married.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Happy birthday Buckingham Stussy.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Which one?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

SamLikesCake posted:

Never underestimate the Internet’s uncanny ability to unite people in their shared hate for an intelligent female character with agency!

No kidding!

I haven’t seen any of this, myself, but I could buy it in a heartbeat. Folks are gross.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

hatty posted:

Which one?

The mother to the legitimate heir of Whitebeard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The mother to the legitimate heir of Whitebeard.

Happy Birthday to Portgas D. Rouge then!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meowywitch posted:

I found out by accident there's like a vocal Nami hatebase and theyre very wrong IMO

Is this just hating on Nami for being violent because that’s the only Nami hate I ever see

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nami should be even more violent and have access to a shotgun

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zoro is a Nami anti

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they should feed gin the plot-plot fruit, transforming him into a relevant-to-the-story man

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gin is dead

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
they should feed me the chapter-chapter fruit

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mikeycp posted:

they should feed me the chapter-chapter fruit

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Meme Emulator posted:

Is this just hating on Nami for being violent because that’s the only Nami hate I ever see

Maybe they owe her money and the interest is killing them.

hatty posted:

Gin is dead

You say that, but your post clearly shows you haven't forgotten him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hito Hito no Mi Model: Gin

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm kinda surprised the guy with the Bomb Bomb Fruit hasn't appeared again

I dont even think he was in Impel Down

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

when was the last lionized suicide bombing in one piece, pedro? did anyone martyr themselves in wano? it would be sick if bomb-bomb fruit guy showed up and turned his whole body into a bomb to take down some otherwise threatening mook in The Grand Battle for Mariejoise

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meowywitch posted:

Basically all of Baroque Works except for Crocodile, Mr 1, and Mr 3 are working at that cafe in Alabasta, last we saw. They never showed up in the From the Decks of the World things, either.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

Basically all of Baroque Works except for Crocodile, Mr 1, and Mr 3 are working at that cafe in Alabasta, last we saw. They never showed up in the From the Decks of the World things, either.
The exceptions there being Miss Monday and Mr. 9 from Whisky Peak, who got hitched and had a kid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And yet the dastardly Miss All Sunday is still at large!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

scary ghost dog posted:

when was the last lionized suicide bombing in one piece, pedro? did anyone martyr themselves in wano?

Kanjuro, if that counts

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

smh y’all mf’ers forgot about Yasuie

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder what Gedatsu's up to.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Joyboy is the Madhi which is why martyrdom for him is so lionized, in this essay i will

they want shady
May 11, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Kanjuro, if that counts

You mean Ashura Doji, right? Cause I might be remembering wrong but I don't think there was anything lionized about Kanjuro's death (could be different in the anime, didn't watch that version).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Begemot posted:

Urdnot Fire posted:

The exceptions there being Miss Monday and Mr. 9 from Whisky Peak, who got hitched and had a kid.

And, of course very notably, Mr. 2 is still in Impel Down, albeit only technically imprisoned and actually living it up running the hidden Newkama Land.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

No idea how Luffy Lucy is gonna get through this Coliseum thing without totally blowing his cover. He's already told everybody he's Luffy, future Pirate King (which they didnt believe), but the moment he uses some Gum Gum hes gonna be hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

No idea how Luffy Lucy is gonna get through this Coliseum thing without totally blowing his cover. He's already told everybody he's Luffy, future Pirate King (which they didnt believe), but the moment he uses some Gum Gum hes gonna be hosed

I believe in Lucy