Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hope they keep using Sydal as a rampage main event warrior that loses every week

Timecoposting will continue until morale improves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

lol

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

He did for me buddy

The clues were there all along…

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

That got really good

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Tony Khan has a time machine and is daring the timecops to arrest him (he knows they wouldn't dare).

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jack perry fuckin rules, this is the best thing that coulda happened to him

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I figured out how to watch aew on the platforms I use so I was wondering how lost would I be if I just started watching with the April shows?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I figured out how to watch aew on the platforms I use so I was wondering how lost would I be if I just started watching with the April shows?

You’ll be fine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

You’ll be fine

Cool. Thanks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr Hootington posted:

The current shows will get you caught up fine, either explicitly or because things (mostly) just make sense: there's a wrestler who dislikes another wrestler, and they're gonna sort this poo poo out by beating the gently caress out of each other.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Probably can't hurt to skim the AEW Twitter or YouTube a day or two ahead of the show, there's usually some short recaps of the big angles leading into that week.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Cool. Thanks

The stickied thread by Gavok should also have some good stuff if you like what you see weekly. I’ve been watching from the start, so I don’t know how exactly to get your hands on older stuff, but aew is popular enough here that you should be able to find someone to help.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

He's scouting a hot njpw talent named jack or something

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The stickied thread by Gavok should also have some good stuff if you like what you see weekly. I’ve been watching from the start, so I don’t know how exactly to get your hands on older stuff, but aew is popular enough here that you should be able to find someone to help.

I've heard Internet Archive has a back catalog of AEW stuff, but I pay for Fite

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/wrestlecringe/status/1778964411027161408

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Cool. Thanks

As a WCW guy, you literally have to watch Revolution from March. Just wish you were caught up on like another 10 years of WCW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Easiest way to get all the old stuff is to get a VPN and subscribe to aew+ as it has all the old episodes I believe. There are also pirate ways to get these

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lol I wonder how they would mental gymnastics their way to how that was totally different.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

everyone who pearl clutched and whinged about this owes this thread + jackson perry an apology. dave and bryan too

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i always loved Jack Perry and i still do

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I want Tony to finance a Timecop remake starring the AEW roster.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
More guys should get choked out by Punk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The current shows will get you caught up fine, either explicitly or because things (mostly) just make sense: there's a wrestler who dislikes another wrestler, and they're gonna sort this poo poo out by beating the gently caress out of each other.

Cool. Good to know there isn't anything too complicated. I read gavok's good thread so that should help.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Most of the old stuff is on archive.org. it is just inconvenient to phone watch it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

i always loved Jack Perry and i still do

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Man Jack Perry really is gonna be money huh. I feel like the best move is to have the Bucks want him to join the Elite and for him to pass on it. Keep playing this up cause it is clearly working.

Mox winning the IWGP title is such an accomplishment in an already storied career. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes since New Japan has been cold for a bit.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

illcendiary posted:

Punk needs to choke out 1 person in order for "more" to be choked out by him.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

illcendiary posted:

What did you think of the 38 people singing along to "Ooooh, cry me a river"?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Cactus Jack Perry is as Elite as they come brother

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

On The Internet posted:

Punk needs to choke out 1 person in order for "more" to be choked out by him.

He had Jack pretty well locked up until Samoa Joe breaks up the hold (heroic stuff!), the video shows it relatively clearly. He (like Tony) is lucky to be alive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Dunno if it's new but fite has "AEW PPV Triple Pack #1" for 50 dollars. Dynasty, DoN and ForbDorb

thats criminally low, if you have the ability scoop that deal up

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Jack Perry is so over that the Chicago crowd chanted "cry me a river"

:hai:

People love Cactus Jack Perry

Tony, you coward, let him be extreme :mad:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Most of the old stuff is on archive.org. it is just inconvenient to phone watch it.
interesting. roh papes are on there too. you should watch the briscoes vs ftr trilogy asap. supercard of honor 2022, death before dishonor 2022, and final battle 2022. thats the order.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

To this point I had not acknowledged the possibility that Jon Moxley v Jack Perry in Texas Death would be a banger.
Let's see how sicko Jacko can get.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

What did you think of the 38 people singing along to "Ooooh, cry me a river"?

19 guys, if the dueling chant reports are to be believed :)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

UnleashedDad posted:

Man Jack Perry really is gonna be money huh. I feel like the best move is to have the Bucks want him to join the Elite and for him to pass on it. Keep playing this up cause it is clearly working.

Mox winning the IWGP title is such an accomplishment in an already storied career. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes since New Japan has been cold for a bit.

ok but what if he joins the elite and the the bucks give him the adam cole kisses??

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jack Perry really turned chicken poo poo into chicken salad with all this, unlike the other guy

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

Jack Perry really turned chicken poo poo into chicken salad with all this, unlike the other guy

That’s no way to talk about Shota dude

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ace of the loving world

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/kentag2s/status/1779005498580173298?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005