Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Who wants to read a long, sordid article about the history of the tract that Reinsdorf wants to build his new park on involving an Iraqi billionaire who can't enter the United States, multiple indicted officials, and of course Ed Burke who just got sent to prison for trying to shake down a burger king when he was recorded by another alderman who was wearing a wire as part of his own plea deal.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/the-watchdogs/2024/04/11/nadhmi-auchi-iraqi-billionaire-jerry-reinsdorf-related-midwest-78-white-sox-ballpark

all this well eating a wet hot italian beef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gorman Thomas posted:

This mfer lost $52k per day for 26 months straight

holy poo poo

Ippei: Please Shohei I'm begging you, we have to stop betting on the Angels to win

Shohei: BET IT ALL ON THE ANGELS BABY

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ippei is down so bad I'm surprised he didn't join the LIV tour

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Ippei: Please Shohei I'm begging you, we have to stop betting on the Angels to win

Shohei: BET IT ALL ON THE ANGELS BABY

But still the Angels lost.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dozens of bets every day. Some as small as ten bucks. Largest one listed is 160k.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

mdemone posted:

Dozens of bets every day. Some as small as ten bucks. Largest one listed is 160k.

Some dumb motherfucker spending more on a bet than I spent on my house.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1778876815257338058

Keegan is back, but is he BACK???

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

More importantly: how's his back?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hey question for Cubsposters who've unlike me actually lived in the state at some point during the past... uh christ 20 years: I've got bleacher tickets for next Friday's game vs the Marlins and I'm curious if there is a recommended time to be there by to lay claim to a spot that doesn't suck rear end, if such a thing is necessary? I am going with my younger sibling so we'll be able to trade off and hold a spot once we get it. I realize this is an extremely scrub question for a professed life long Cubs fan but the last time I was in the bleachers I was like eight (watching Sammy Sosa javelin an oppo dog onto Sheffield).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't sweat getting there too early. I suppose if you wanna sit right up front like 1 hour early would be fine but I've never had a problem showing up ~30-45 minutes before a game and getting a decent seat. Nice thing about the bleachers is there really are no bad seats.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Awesome, was originally planning to aim for 30 mins before first pitch so that works out perfectly. Cheers!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don’t like the Phillies city connect. I was hoping I’d like them in action, but I do not. I will buy the hat though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don’t like the Phillies city connect. I was hoping I’d like them in action, but I do not. I will buy the hat though.

I thought the hat looked neat so I ordered one but yeah the rest of the gear is not good. I was also waiting to see them in action and 👎

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Also another bad thing. I just noticed it’s no longer the poop series, but rather just the poo bell series.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I don't know if anyone else saw this when it made the twitter rounds, but I just saw it now and it's pretty amazing: There are only two (2) pitchers currently pitching who have won a Cy Young award. If you go back over the last 10 years' worth of CYA recipients, double and triple counting the multiple time winners, of those 20 awardees:

• 3 (Snell x 2 and Burnes) are currently pitching
  • 11 are on the IL
  • 4 are retired
  • 1 (Keuchel) is in the minor leagues
  • 1 (Bauer) is an unsigned and unwanted free agent

James Andrews probably died of exhaustion

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

It’s really bad overall but the hat is nice yeah

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Sydin posted:

Awesome, was originally planning to aim for 30 mins before first pitch so that works out perfectly. Cheers!

build in enough time to really enjoy the piss trough, too. not just to piss in it, but really take in the experience and what it means to be there pissing with all your fellow Cubs fans ya know?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Also another bad thing. I just noticed it’s no longer the poop series, but rather just the poo bell series.

POOT

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Hey question for Cubsposters who've unlike me actually lived in the state at some point during the past... uh christ 20 years: I've got bleacher tickets for next Friday's game vs the Marlins and I'm curious if there is a recommended time to be there by to lay claim to a spot that doesn't suck rear end, if such a thing is necessary? I am going with my younger sibling so we'll be able to trade off and hold a spot once we get it. I realize this is an extremely scrub question for a professed life long Cubs fan but the last time I was in the bleachers I was like eight (watching Sammy Sosa javelin an oppo dog onto Sheffield).

Holler when you’re there and I can come by and say hey if you want!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

I personally would get there 90 minutes before game time and get a front row spot. It really depends on the day and opponent, though. Since the bleachers are GA, they always fill up long before the rest of the park. I think only 30 minutes before game time would be too late.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

Holler when you’re there and I can come by and say hey if you want!
:cheers:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I personally would get there 90 minutes before game time and get a front row spot. It really depends on the day and opponent, though. Since the bleachers are GA, they always fill up long before the rest of the park. I think only 30 minutes before game time would be too late.
Hmm maybe can swing 45 mins but that's probably the max. No way I can do 90, we'll just settle for higher up spots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1778957387258327415

Angel really is a messy bitch

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

All three "strikes" were that far outside, btw.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Marcade posted:

All three "strikes" were that far outside, btw.

It's 8-1, he's got dinner reservations to make lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This gets said every time but how is MLB or the MLBUA allow this to go on? It's become a thing everyone who watches baseball knows Angel Hernandez.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sydin posted:

I recommend being vague acquaintances with Bleacher Jeff and just telling him you'll buy him a beer if he saves you two

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How do you give up a 7 run inning with that zone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

considering how the Houston "only one good team allowed at a time" curse tends to go I fully expect the Texans to win the Superbowl this year :colbert:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao
https://x.com/SoxOn35th/status/1778945296849899782

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

considering how the Houston "only one good team allowed at a time" curse tends to go I fully expect the Texans to win the Superbowl this year :colbert:

The Dynamo aren't as favorited as the Texans but they could sneak the top spot as well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BaseballDoesnt/status/1778972718655766663

owned

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
He'll settle down soon enough, but Holliday has looked visibly nervous these entire first 3 games.

In his first game (Wednesday) he called off the outfielders on a popup and then lost it in the wind, for which I'm sure he got chewed out after the game. So then yesterday, high popup down the right field line, Santander can't find it and makes the universal "I can't find it" shrug motion, but Holliday wasn't running after it full tilt, likely remembering the grilling he got over calling off the outfielder Wednesday night, and once again it dropped. Orioles won both games anyway because lol Red Sox bullpen and what is defense??, so we can all laugh about it. rookies.txt

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 13, 2024

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
hes 20

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

why are you posting this, did he also disrespect the pinstripes and earn your internet weirdo fixation ire?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

why are you posting this, did he also disrespect the pinstripes and earn your internet weirdo fixation ire?

i saw it on twitter and chuckled. lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1778947689490571435

lol

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i enjoyed the apple tv broadcast showing this cubs fan eating sloppily for an entire break between innings. i'm just confused by the guy wearing an astros uniform to a game between the m's and cubs in seattle

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think MLB won't fire Angel Hernandez just to keep the legend going.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

angel hernandez is in year 34 of his protest against a regular and consistent strike zone and i salute his persistence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mr. Fix It posted:

i'm just confused by the guy wearing an astros uniform to a game between the m's and cubs in seattle

There was like a five year period where a friend and I would grab cheap as hell A's vs whoever tickets and show up in Cubs and Red Sox gear and we'd consistently get guff from staff and honestly? It ruled.