Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also having lived literally next door to them building the tallest building in brooklyn (and one of the tallest in the us) i can say with firsthand experience that it loving blows hearing that poo poo every single day (or smelling the exhaust fumes from their equipment), and it takes years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

guangzhou has some really nice high rise apartments. the way the zoning works is that they're separated by parks and plazas

consider it!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
lol the devon tower already sticks out like a sore thumb from miles away, this is going to look ridiculous

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

guangzhou has some really nice high rise apartments. the way the zoning works is that they're separated by parks and plazas

consider it!

are parking lots parks?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

n-no..?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

typical grade for the state

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

PokeJoe posted:

typical grade for the state

and yet better than your posts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:qq:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

The event the article is referring to occurred in 1915. Yes, the swastika was non-political at that time. It was really popular in early aviation, since it was a symbol of good luck and it also kind of looks like an airplane propeller. For instance Amelia Earhart is wearing a swastika pendant in many photos.

was she a nazi? or a buddhist?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

was she a nazi? or a buddhist?

amazingly, both

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lmao i just saw your post about this in cspam, which says he was fighting in "the winter war". that was a war between finland and the USSR from 1939-40. the USSR's poor performance in it persuaded hitler to invade them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1337373146652020736?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1779304544612061567

he's on fire tonight

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/dd_geopolitics/status/1779299750577353164?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i know every time they do something like this it seems stupid as gently caress and it kind of is, but the UN is in nyc along with a ton of consulates that are basically all in primo locations in manhattan. even iran had a few buildings until the us seized them

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

when he's right, he's right

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i know every time they do something like this it seems stupid as gently caress and it kind of is, but the UN is in nyc along with a ton of consulates that are basically all in primo locations in manhattan. even iran had a few buildings until the us seized them

ok

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nypd hand shake idf violent oppression and ruthless lethal brutality gif meme giffy blingee

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

is trump gonna be the one to stop propping up Israel?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he used to be so pure. what happen

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

why would anyone want one extremely large building in their city, it's not like that's going to attract more lol

having one always visible landmark kinda owns when you're walking around without a map. more places need wizard towers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mountains already exist

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

akadajet posted:

No.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ruffian Price posted:

having one always visible landmark kinda owns when you're walking around without a map. more places need wizard towers

well that's probably going to be visible for miles, what with it being around dinky little cities in the great plains and all. not sure thats a good thing though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

akadajet posted:

lol no. his brain is pudding, he just knows that he hates joe biden and that genocide is (supposed to be, remember it's trump lol) bad. he has no idea which genocide they're talking about, probably because he doesn't consider the genocide israel is doing to be a genocide. hell he might not even know which joe they're talking about

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Meatball Ron is gonna lose to whatever Republican primaries him, lol

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1779593860319965587

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fabricated posted:

he's not running for governor again. he's term limited. he's doing all of this poo poo as a lame duck.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr. Nice! posted:

he's not running for governor again. he's term limited. he's doing all of this poo poo as a lame duck.
Ah poo poo I forgot. Well, I guess his political career is done then. Sucks to be him.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
88% approval among your own party is "done", in your opinion?

do you think these folks care about what the other side thinks of them?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
he was already a representative, he ran for president and to nobody else's surprise, ron found out nobody likes him. the only place for him to go is the senate, and with those approval ratings he wouldn't beat marco rubio or rick scott, either

on a semi-related note, we definitely, desperately need congressional term limits, but lol lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
like ok maybe his political career isn't "done", but right now there's nowhere else for him to be elected to that wouldn't be an embarrassing downgrade

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

he’ll make more cash lobbying and as a talking head and in another four or eight years he can be governor again if he wants to try. florida term limits are just two consecutive terms; there’s no lifetime limit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i doubt he'd try, his approval is that far underwater in what is basically a deep-red state now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i doubt he'd try, his approval is that far underwater in what is basically a deep-red state now

sure now

all sorts of poo poo can happen in four years politically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fabricated posted:

????

this says he has 88% approval among republicans?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol at thinking ron desantis is going to disappear from public life or public office in any way.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
looking at independents is probably most useful there, that group includes people that ostensibly would vote republican but don't want to call themselves one now. the results are questionable either way, 5% of democrats "strongly approving" of ron desantis is hard to believe and makes me think they called like 20 people and one lied lol

yes i know it says n=264, it's a joke about how few democrats there are in florida

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 15, 2024

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

post hole digger posted:

lol at thinking ron desantis is going to disappear from public life or public office in any way.

people can try to speak over him but he'll just get taller high heels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

well he is definitely going to disappear from public office for at least another 2 years