Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

gently caress you, Pittsburgh, you convince me to turn on a national game for the first time in I don't know how long and never mind they just scored to make it a two goal game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Knight2m posted:

He has been very disappointing this year.

This isn't accurate, also yay a PP goal. Bunting is no Jake but I'm not mad at him

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Lalonde better pull the goalie in OT

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Bruins Pens is a gong show lmao

Pens just don't have it in them to not be this way. Even in wins they're this way

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Another shorty. If you include those the Ones have the worst powerplay in the league. Maybe should have fired Todd Reirden at the all star break.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao at that dive, but domi was an idiot to have his stick there

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Detroit still in it.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hooray! Lalonde is still a coward

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

.Spec posted:

This isn't accurate, also yay a PP goal. Bunting is no Jake but I'm not mad at him

He was supposed to quarterback the PP and it was pretty terrible most of the year. I will say, he has played better over the last several games, but for much of the season he was really hesitant to shoot the puck and had a lot of ill timed turnovers that lead to scoring chances.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What are the Playoff scenarios at this point? Is Pittsburgh still in it if they lose?

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

CBJSprague24 posted:

What are the Playoff scenarios at this point? Is Pittsburgh still in it if they lose?

Philly is ahead with 87 points, but they only have 1 more game. Caps, Red Wings and Pens still have 2 other games after today.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

If they lose they're at 80 gp and one point behind Detroit/Washington/Philly, though the Flyers have only one game left whereas Detroit and Washington have two.

I was thinking the Pens could afford at least one loss in these last three games but tonight's results have been disastrous for them. Detroit faces Montreal twice and is basically win and in (assuming the Pens don't pull this game out of their rear end). Washington has Boston and Philly so one of those two teams will eliminate the other probably.

My guess if these results hold is that Detroit makes it but I guess one night of weird results could still change things again on Monday

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Is this going to be...a heavily called game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've got some things I'd like to call Marchand if that's what you mean

like rat-face

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

holy poo poo Todd Reirden runs the defense too?

it all suddenly makes so much sense

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
holy gently caress what a goal by the DOC

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

DOC rules. Sometimes I feel like he's punching above his weight but some semblance of this will go nicely next season

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.
I think I have an ulcer

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

.Spec posted:

DOC rules. Sometimes I feel like he's punching above his weight but some semblance of this will go nicely next season

I had tickets to several games this year, same seats for most of the games, and the row behind were season ticket holders. They had fantastic opinions, like it was a mistake the Pens let Rob Scuderi go. One of his best comments was during 2nd period intermission of the Blue Jackets game on 3/31 that DOC was terrible and they should bring up literally anyone else instead of him. The guy next to him asked who, and he said he had no idea, anyone has to be better. DOC now has 5 goals in 9 games (including that Blue Jackets' game and tonight).

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't know what the popcorn emote is...I posted that.

Imagine

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That's game. Shea sucks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lol fire Jarry into the fuckin sun

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Can't be chasing that puck you have to cover the man in front. Great job. Fire Reirden.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

:pressf:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

lmao people are leaving

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
oilers fuckin blow lmfao

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Knight2m posted:

Philly is ahead with 87 points, but they only have 1 more game. Caps, Red Wings and Pens still have 2 other games after today.

Delay the real playoffs and have a mini tournament between all these teams while everyone else heals up a bit.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

I’m so sad

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

My DOC 2 cents is he's what this roster needs but he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. He's a solid 3rd liner in a competent team. Oh well. Game over.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Heh, former Pen with the ENG.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

My DOC 2 cents is he's what this roster needs but he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. He's a solid 3rd liner in a competent team. Oh well. Game over.

I just hope they find a way to get rid of some of the useless trash this off season. I have no faith they'll do anything with the coaching staff but there's roster trash that maybe Dubas can unload

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Graves needs to get gone and stay gone, Rakell too

Jarry can be shipped off, he's not good enough to gamble on getting the good version

but nothing's going to get better until at least Todd Reirden gets the gently caress out of here

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eller is expensive but he can stay. I like him

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Need Ray to go on a rant about a missed empty net for old time sake.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Having Jeff Carter's 3.2 million freed up to spend on someone vaguely NHL capable is nice. With no Jake they need a top 6 winger. They need to actually fix/solve the defense with an even older Letang. Graves is awful in this team so they need to offload him for someone who can actually play in Sullivan's system. The 3rd pairing remains a disaster and there is no depth scoring. Oh right Reilly Smith also should be moved along for something more fitting. And to top that all off they need to find someone that actually knows how to run the powerplay.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

We should have tried playing well

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That was a louder roar than I expected in response to Boston's goalies congratulating each other.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Well baring a lot of help I think that's it? The best part of the end of the season is getting to replay all the fumbled OT losses, blown 3rd period leads and think about how it all could be different. Boy, aren't sports fun?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

.Spec posted:

Well baring a lot of help I think that's it? The best part of the end of the season is getting to replay all the fumbled OT losses, blown 3rd period leads and think about how it all could be different. Boy, aren't sports fun?

Eh, if they win their next two I think there's still a decent chance they get in. But lol at needing to beat Nashville and the Islanders.

Obviously gonna need help though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Well, that was depressing!