Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

when you dev but she still supporting

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Fighting the Slylandro is miserable

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Aston posted:

it's a hundred pages long

Then you better get started

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Vadun posted:

Playing as them in melee rules though lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Oh wait I got the names mixed up, gently caress those guys.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they get really easy with a couple of ship upgrades but they're very intentionally a huge nuisance, lol. .

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Reach Britain

if you got farther than this you're lying

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i flew to venus and sent a probe that made a fart noise and immediately exploded. can you pick a normal loving game please

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mbt posted:

i flew to venus and sent a probe that made a fart noise and immediately exploded. can you pick a normal loving game please

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

lol the temperature, weather, and tectonics are hazard ratings. You can kind of hit and run dangerous planets to still get good minerals before upgrading your landers but it's rough.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Vadun posted:

if you find fwiffo and his ship it makes the fight a lot easier. you can get the slylandro to waste its battery by flying just close enough, then hug it so it tries to fire and never recharges.

turn off signatures

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

oh poo poo lost half the crew lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv8U0xPoD-g

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

and all my audio

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
and my axe

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So much for the flame proofer

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

oh poo poo lost half the crew lol

oh poo poo lol

turn off signatures

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the man tells you to get in close on the spider alien who comes to get you and I'll be damned if it didn't just blast me to death in two seconds flat. next time pick a game with a jump button

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mbt posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

if you got farther than this you're lying

mbt posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

when you dev but she still supporting

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

lol but you started a dragon quest game and immediately crossed a bridge without even buying a copper sword.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

: Have another race join your alliance

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sourdough posted:

any lurkers interested in posting can also have this contract.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

any lurkers interested in posting can also have this contract.

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hell,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol captain fwiffo ftw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

i am quickly running out of spots near human space to explore, but now my flagship kills things real good.

turn off signatures

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm going to continue using the automated combat option even if the manual calls you a pussy in two different places.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

lol captain fwiffo ftw

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Find the source of the crystalline probes

rodbeard posted:

I'm going to continue using the automated combat option even if the manual calls you a pussy in two different places.

turn off signatures

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cool game

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

: Retrieve the modified talking pet, Sun Device, or Precursor bomb

: Start a civil war between the Yehat clans

: Destroy the Sa-Matra

Incredibly cool, great pick. It does a great job of giving just enough clues to have some ideas where to explore next, but I never would've actually finished the main quest in two weeks without looking stuff up cause I'd just be exploring most the time :frogbon:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got into the zone with the exploring and gathering resources but then I died and I had forgotten to save for several hours so now I'm trying to remember where I was. I took some notes but it wasn't enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my favorite part of the game is convincing the thraddash to go to war with the Ilwrath, I think. if I weren't in the middle of dragon quest 11 and final fantasy 7 remake, I'd do a quick playthrough

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Start a civil war between the Yehat clans

Bicyclops posted:

my favorite part of the game is convincing the thraddash to go to war with the Ilwrath, I think. if I weren't in the middle of dragon quest 11 and final fantasy 7 remake, I'd do a quick playthrough

Conquering them and forcing them to adopt a culture based on comedy is also fun

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Conquering them and forcing them to adopt a culture based on comedy is also fun

you can do both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I want to like this game so badly - the setup is rad and the writing is fun, but the controls and mechanics are confounding (why do I have to go three menus deep to get basic information about my character? HOW MUCH GOLD AM I CARRYING!?) and the graphics are nauseating. This game's been hyped up to me for years and sitting down to play it now is just... disappointing. I'm going to take another run at it later on this month, but I suspect I'm not going to stick with it long enough to finish. Considering how cool the setup for the story is, I'm thinking I'll read through a plot synopsis and adapt it for a D&D adventure or something.