Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Blood and Guts usually early summer? Seems like that would be a good place for this BCC vs Callis Family to end.

They’ve run it in May, June and July so far, yeah. I would be incredibly surprised if Will remains in the Callis family long enough to build to that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Callis Family is gonna pivot to a feud with Ospreay after Dynasty and its just a matter of who joins Will (I'm hoping Fletcher and a returning Davis)

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Davros1 posted:

He has, but TNA nows seems to be trying for a WWE partnership

If TNA didn’t gain anything from their AEW partnership (and all things considered, they didn’t outside of one rating pop and one buyrate boost, I think?), what in the WORLD makes them think they’d get anything from WWE, a company known for insidiously destroying any territory they partner with?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

a dumb moron posted:

If TNA didn’t gain anything from their AEW partnership (and all things considered, they didn’t outside of one rating pop and one buyrate boost, I think?), what in the WORLD makes them think they’d get anything from WWE, a company known for insidiously destroying any territory they partner with?

No no no you see that was under Vince the bad boss and now HHH the good boss is in charge.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

a dumb moron posted:

Cody finished his story, this means WWE is good now and has saved wrestling from the outlaw mud show that aired the Punk footage.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Blood and Guts usually early summer? Seems like that would be a good place for this BCC vs Callis Family to end.

Callis Family vs United Empire after Ospreay and Fletcher turn full babyface and leave Callis. They’ll just need to beef up each side a little bit. Bring in Jeff Cobb, let him and Hobbs throw each other around a bit.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Callis Family vs United Empire after Ospreay and Fletcher turn full babyface and leave Callis. They’ll just need to beef up each side a little bit. Bring in Jeff Cobb, let him and Hobbs throw each other around a bit.

that would kick rear end. im always happy to see cobb wrestle. i don't follow njpw, has united empire ever been a face faction?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Eat This Glob posted:

that would kick rear end. im always happy to see cobb wrestle. i don't follow njpw, has united empire ever been a face faction?

They've been tweenish for most of their existence, leaning face for quite a while.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

thanks! probably projection on my part assuming a gaijin faction dubbed "empire" being bad guys lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

Ospreay's natural charisma pulled them more and more face over their existence and his farewell program was basically a clearly face UE vs Bullet Club, culminating in a variation of War Games.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Do we know when Mark Davis is gonna be back? Cause that's why I'd do Fletcher and Davis joining Will

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Do we know when Mark Davis is gonna be back? Cause that's why I'd do Fletcher and Davis joining Will

he broke his wrist on October 1st and the typical recovery time for that is six to twelve weeks

my guess is that said wrist has been mended for a bit but he's being held off TV to return at a specific moment (and maybe give him time to deal with other nagging injuries)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I’ve had a feeling that at some point the Callis family turns on Ospreay and beats him down, though I don’t know what would spur it on. Then Fletcher is unsure for a moment before trying to stop them and also gets beat down. Then Davis returns and clears house.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Speaking of broken wrists

I miss Bandido

:smith:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

As a Canadian with autism this video ended up being pretty much a wash for me!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this elite vs PAC, Penta, and Garcia match next week on dynamite should get 40 minutes. also no commercials.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

I could be wrong but didn't they get months of higher than usual ratings (especially in the demo) and several PPVs selling multiples of what they usually did at the time?

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Miching Mallecho posted:

Speaking of broken wrists

I miss Bandido

:smith:

Me too, he’s my favorite lil dude. There will be an alarming number of fresh matchups for him when he’s ready, though. Which I hope is loving soon!

So, has the CMLL thing concluded for now? Haven’t seen em around since the BCC went to Mexico. Obviously they will be back for Forbidden Door.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

a dumb moron posted:

They fired Scott D'Amore so I'm assuming whichever suit is running things now either doesn't know what happens to promotions that partner with WWE or thinks he's too smart for that.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

I feel like TNA got way more out of the covid partnership than AEW, but I may be mistaken.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

GenghisTron posted:

I feel like TNA got way more out of the covid partnership than AEW, but I may be mistaken.

Yea, like I'm pretty sure Omega popped their ppv's a bit and Christian had a cup of coffee over there. AEW ended up with appearances by Doc Gallows and Sour Boy...

I enjoyed Elite+Good Brothers, but it's not as if AEW ended up with anything that mattered.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Wasn't Don Callis signed with TNA at the time so they were getting him onto the product?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Stokely Hathaway is so funny, he’s like AEW’s Heenan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Goblin Queen posted:

They fired Scott D'Amore so I'm assuming whichever suit is running things now either doesn't know what happens to promotions that partner with WWE or thinks he's too smart for that.

Working with WWE was a big D'Amore thing though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Will Ospreay is such an affable dummy now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Another PPV cycle coming to an end means I can start convincing myself Rush will be back soon, maybe they’ll swap out Mark Jindrak from Wish for The Beast Mortos in La Faccion Ingobernable and we’ll all be better off for it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Another PPV cycle coming to an end means I can start convincing myself Rush will be back soon, maybe they’ll swap out Mark Jindrak from Wish for The Beast Mortos in La Faccion Ingobernable and we’ll all be better off for it.

Maybe sending Vance to CMLL for a bit would be a good idea, worked for Jindrak.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Integrated Houston posted:

Me too, he’s my favorite lil dude. There will be an alarming number of fresh matchups for him when he’s ready, though. Which I hope is loving soon!

So, has the CMLL thing concluded for now? Haven’t seen em around since the BCC went to Mexico. Obviously they will be back for Forbidden Door.

IIRC there was a bunch of visa poo poo that came up with all of the CMLL guys right after that stuff kicked off

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve always wondered, when you sit that close to the commentators can you hear them at all? It seems like Daddy Magic’s voice would travel.

I thought that too, but surprisingly no! I might have heard them if I was in the front row from my position, but I couldn't hear them. Only heard Daddy Magic yell a couple of times.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve had a feeling that at some point the Callis family turns on Ospreay and beats him down, though I don’t know what would spur it on. Then Fletcher is unsure for a moment before trying to stop them and also gets beat down. Then Davis returns and clears house.

I think Will is going to get annoyed with them intervening in his business and they'll turn on him. He's too proud to have others fighting his battles and referring to him as a golden goose.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think Will is going to get annoyed with them intervening in his business and they'll turn on him. He's too proud to have others fighting his battles and referring to him as a golden goose.

I could see him losing to Danielson, maybe via flash roll-up like how Bryan beat Hechicero and Shibata, and Callis immediately turns on him.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Bard Maddox posted:

sometimes I forget that beautiful Kyle O’Reilly is back now and then I remember and I’m happy. guaranteed banger of Roddy vs Kyle at the pape, the 2014 PWG feeling is coming back

No save it for Vancouver collision in May please ty

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, like I'm pretty sure Omega popped their ppv's a bit and Christian had a cup of coffee over there. AEW ended up with appearances by Doc Gallows and Sour Boy...

I enjoyed Elite+Good Brothers, but it's not as if AEW ended up with anything that mattered.

mcmg showed up once. maybe twice?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just watching Collision (avoided spoilers) and holy poo poo Claudio wearing a Helldivers shirt is great because he could do a commercial for it

Edit: Will Ospreay in Hey EW! This week is loving amazing too

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 14, 2024

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/allelitefare/status/1779568409925063043?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Just watching collision/botb and Tony mentioned that Roddy was a 20+ year veteran, maybe it's just me but that doesn't sound impressive as much as it makes it sound like Roddy is old as gently caress. I mean, talking about Dustin Rhodes or Sting or something saying how many years they've been going adds to them having such a long storied career but someone like Roddy is still in his prime like.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony tried to warn us…

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pat Mustard posted:

Just watching collision/botb and Tony mentioned that Roddy was a 20+ year veteran, maybe it's just me but that doesn't sound impressive as much as it makes it sound like Roddy is old as gently caress. I mean, talking about Dustin Rhodes or Sting or something saying how many years they've been going adds to them having such a long storied career but someone like Roddy is still in his prime like.

It’s insanely impressive if anyone is a 20 year vet. Let alone who’s still wrestling at that high of a level.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pat Mustard posted:

And he’s only 40 (according to Wikipedia, they have burned me on wrestler ages before)! Lots of wrestlers don’t hit their prime until that age and dude has been everywhere in the past 20 years. I remember seeing him on our local Florida indie’s TV show with Sedrick Strong when I was in high school. He kicked rear end even back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Daddy rear end