Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

Clint Eastwood is like 100 years old

god willing at that age we all should be taking it easy in a lakeside cottage and letting our accomplishments speak for themselves

at least he isn't in congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

So Clarence skips something and everybody jumps to "he's dead", or am I missing something? Hasn't he blown off plenty of things over the years.

I just need to know if I should get my hopes up, here.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

You all keep mentioning appliance week but miss the best part

It is called the HOOHAA act

No, people talked about that for three pages straight, last week.

However, I don't think that anyone pointed out HR 7700 being the SUDS Act. Probably because it doesn't involve silly words for vagine.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

It's incredibly rare for me to doxx myself and let my personal life tie to anything on SA, but here's me. I am a full year older than this ghoul.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Barometer posted:

So Clarence skips something and everybody jumps to "he's dead", or am I missing something? Hasn't he blown off plenty of things over the years.

He had actual judging to do and I gather he doesn’t skip those.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1779946394733941203

Trump 2024: Lots of Men use Prostitutes

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Barometer posted:

Who knows what is actually happening, but he missed oral arguments and there was no explanation given. In the past, they have said when Justices are out for being sick.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lmao someone's paying job is shitposting about trump for the white house

living the dream

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Barometer posted:

He wouldn't blow off this case without a good reason

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

kazil posted:

Who knows what is actually happening, but he missed oral arguments and there was no explanation given. In the past, they have said when Justices are out for being sick.

Nessus posted:

He had actual judging to do and I gather he doesn’t skip those.

Oh, thanks guys! Hopes elevated...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Legal scholars
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1779974688879317308

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pretty sure that Thomas is missing because one of the cases today had to do with judicial bribes and poo poo I think.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Random Username posted:

Remember when everyone was saying Foreign Interests were funding DJT, the stock to gain favor from "TRUMP"? Looking back it was either a foolish opinion or more likely idiots trying to help "TRUMP". Knowing Trump can't sell for 6 months after IPO shouldn't they have waited to inflate the stock when he could sell later this year?

The company has no value at all. The stock is entirely memes and fraud. Any amount above $0 is money for Trump and the volatility is making people money either way.

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

btw this is a golden opportunity for any NYC goons to don MAGA apparel, complete with enormous hat and shades to hide your identity, and get interviewed saying truly insane poo poo

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Hollismason posted:

Dead cat bounce probably but I don't know anything about stocks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seth edit: that pic where Eric and Don Jr killed the cheetah was here but now it's not

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 15, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lots of chuds and Y'all Qaeda terrorists aren't in prison cells where they belong, sadly we don't consider that criminal or a black mark on the law yet either

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

What the gently caress dude

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

So sex work should be legal?

I mean, I agree, just surprised we're here.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I agree with Trump - I hope he is not given a fair trial, in fact I hope it’s needlessly unfair and biased against him and makes him suffer as much as possible, all by intent.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

Lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress dude

Technically they are human beings, despite how their face and body look

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:owned:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

I agree with Trump - I hope he is not given a fair trial, in fact I hope it’s needlessly unfair and biased against him and makes him suffer as much as possible, all by intent.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Every trial is by nature totally biased and cruel against Trump, the most angelic and perfectly innocent, delicate being.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

gently caress this picture

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Barometer posted:

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-clarence-thomas-absent-abea8082774900c15766c4c7dd3398e6

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was absent from the court Monday with no explanation.

Thomas, 75, also was not participating remotely in arguments, as justices sometimes do when they are ill or otherwise can’t be there in person.

Chief Justice John Roberts announced Thomas’ absence, saying that his colleague would still participate in the day’s cases, based on the briefs and transcripts of the arguments. The court sometimes, but not always, says when a justice is out sick.

Thomas was hospitalized two years ago with an infection, causing him to miss several court sessions. He took part in the cases then, too.

He is the longest serving of the current justices, joining the Supreme Court in 1991.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

cr0y posted:

Pretty sure that Thomas is missing because one of the cases today had to do with judicial bribes and poo poo I think.

the case could specifically be about bribes paid to Clarence Thomas and he still would not recuse himself

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Durf posted:

I sorry that is NOT an official @RealTheClint photo and is to be disregarded until proper authentication is provided

I dunno if THE CLINT is the branding they necessarily want to go with, especially depending on the choice of font

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
The Trump stock is down another 4% in after hours :lol:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Only a few weeks after going public they are trying to mint more shares. I surprised it's only down ~20% in the last 24 hours.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Outta my way! Those 20 million new shares are MINE!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I guarantee this dude complains constantly about gas prices.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

I lol at truth social!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I’m not getting my hopes up but if that corrupt racist piece of poo poo is dead, is there a chance someone in Congress will McConnell-style block any nomination?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
just gonna post some animal gore in the Trump thread

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hazo posted:

I’m not getting my hopes up but if that corrupt racist piece of poo poo is dead, is there a chance someone in Congress will McConnell-style block any nomination?

But it is Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), progressives’ arch nemesis in the Senate, who is making the calls for her to resign mathematically implausible in a chamber Democrats control by a single vote. He told the Washington Examiner that he would not vote to confirm any Supreme Court justice who cannot attract Republican support.

The pocket veto, which he calls “my own little filibuster,” is not quite new. He imposed it for all judges in March. But it has taken on greater relevance as Sotomayor, who turns 70 in June, faces a wave of calls for her to step down before the end of President Joe Biden’s first term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
If Thomas kicks the bucket what are the odds Biden falls for the same bullshit "You can't appoint a new supreme Court Justice in an election year!" Thing the Republicans used on Obama?