Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Alan_Shore posted:

Ignorance and doubling down is what makes a true something awful forums poster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its much easier because the camera person isn't speed squating for action emphasis

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Hey, i liked that sami matc-" - clueless

"name 50 boom mic settings binch" - the tv production mafia that runs this joint

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

2018 had the Brock/Roman forever feud, Constable Corbin being the main character of the show and Dean Ambrose doing the crowd is poo poo stinky gimmick.

2018 had the start of the KSA shows, bringing Hulk Hogan back minus a proper apology, Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for a shitshow of a match, and Vince McMahon trying to get Jon Moxley say something so horrific about his IRL friend Roman Reigns' cancer scare that in Mox's words would have lost them sponsors.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wwe should use AI

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wwe should use AI

he's busy with OVW

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I just don’t like when someone calls the tracking shots impressive. It’s live tv, it’s not impressive to just walk with a camera. What makes tracking uncut shots impressive in movies is that it’s usually one complex scene that’s being done in one take. The traffic jam scene from Weekend is impressive because of the pure scope and length of broken down and damaged cars as well as extras, not because they filmed for a long time.

when I think crazy amazing uncut shots, this is my go to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mk2GL1_TY

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

when I think crazy amazing uncut shots, this is my go to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mk2GL1_TY

This is legitimately incredible.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ok time for a headcount - who here has experience with live broadcast or otherwise television production?

I used to be a producer for a morning show at KPLC. Before that I was an editor for the same show. We broadcast live five days a week and when I quit I was producing before and during a two and a half hour broadcast.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Shard posted:

ok time for a headcount - who here has experience with live broadcast or otherwise television production?

I used to be a producer for a morning show at KPLC. Before that I was an editor for the same show. We broadcast live five days a week and when I quit I was producing before and during a two and a half hour broadcast.

I have experience in TV, and honestly, it's a miracle anything gets broadcast live, there are so many moving parts and things that can go wrong

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

Well then please clarify for me if I’m being an idiot or not. I’m not saying producing live tv isn’t impressive. I just think that the actual act of the single camera take isn’t as impressive as a lot of people make it out to be. Especially a show like raw where they’re filming the same stuff they always film just without having clear separation from the individual segments. If I’m off base that’s fine. I’m just curious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shard posted:

I did the cameras and sometimes ran the board for my junior high school morning announcements. Beat that chumps :smug:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

A few years of school but never worked professionally, it's an impressive shot technically but that's also what makes it look a bit dumb because it's a long tracking shot with a bunch of choreography for something that's meant to feel natural.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
One time I was interviewed by the local news, but they didn't air it. Does that count?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, I was in radio and TV production, mostly in news and live events. I also was involved in filming and behind-the-scenes stuff at my old local independent fed.

I don't say that to pretend to have authority or anything, I just like talking about this stuff. It's fun :)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

what is going on

why is it network news here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

what is going on

I'm not shocked that goons are all av nerds

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

A few years of school but never worked professionally, it's an impressive shot technically but that's also what makes it look a bit dumb because it's a long tracking shot with a bunch of choreography for something that's meant to feel natural.

also yeah this. It's cool but the overblown nature of it is going to get old fast. It made me think about Sami just standing around outside staring at the building entrance for minutes waiting for his cue lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think we can agree that TV production must not be that hard if goons can do it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

what is going on

better than talking about the sexual abuse that ran rampant under WWE leadership for decades imo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MJeff posted:

I think we can agree that TV production must not be that hard if goons can do it.

:hmmyes:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Can you take it all away. When u shoved it in my face. Say again to me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Well then please clarify for me if I’m being an idiot or not. I’m not saying producing live tv isn’t impressive. I just think that the actual act of the single camera take isn’t as impressive as a lot of people make it out to be. Especially a show like raw where they’re filming the same stuff they always film just without having clear separation from the individual segments. If I’m off base that’s fine. I’m just curious.

I already did!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

i work for as an editor and producer for my national broadcaster :patriot:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I already did!!!

You just said the camera was heavy. That’s not what I was talking about.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

cheezburger network! Funniest tv production memes!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

You just said the camera was heavy. That’s not what I was talking about.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if you are filming through multiple locations with one camera while moving, it's much harder to shoot as you also have to worry about stuff like keeping the focus and exposure correct (moving through different lighting setups) and also you have to worry about cable length if you're wired, or interference if you're wireless.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Garland's Civil War is about how hard it is to keep a camera steady while metal poles keep falling down all around you and someone is calling you a roody poo

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Alls I know is the Four Horseman kidnapped a cameraman so they could beat the poo poo out of dusty rhodes and the camerawork was shite, comparatively.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Maybe it's qop operating (qoperating) the wwe cams. Just trying to make us think it's a tough job!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

Some TV production experience, but nothing live. Filmed some interviews for a uni course in an old TV studio, and was part of a small crew that filmed a segment for a kid’s show that was edited and broadcast later.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

On The Internet posted:

Maybe it's qop operating (qoperating) the wwe cams. Just trying to make us think it's a tough job!

Again I never said that the actual camera operation or running a live show isn’t tough, I just don’t think what it produces is any more impressive than what they already do on a weekly basis, and just seems like a cheap trick to make people think this is some high level cinema.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im a wwe camera guy in fact i filmed that sami shot you all love and it was easy because im
that
drat
good!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

The_Rob posted:

Again I never said that the actual camera operation or running a live show isn’t tough, I just don’t think what it produces is any more impressive than what they already do on a weekly basis, and just seems like a cheap trick to make people think this is some high level cinema.

and we have a few people itt that are telling you that it is more impressive than what they do on a weekly basis.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shan't fall for this intentionally dense bait
shan't!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

and we have a few people itt that are telling you that it is more impressive than what they do on a weekly basis.

Then what if I just said it looks stupid even if it’s a little more impressive

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

how much could a tv camera really weigh

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

The_Rob posted:

Then what if I just said it looks stupid even if it’s a little more impressive

that is your right, as a poster, and none shall stop you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Then prove it. Produce Raw yourself