Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

so how was the match

From this week's raw?
Match 1 was OK
Match 2 was a mess
Match 3 was awful
Match 4 was OK
Match 5 was OK
Match 6 was OK
Main Event was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr Hootington posted:

The AEW equivalent of the Sami entrance would end with the wrestler entering a half filled high school auditorium.

hell yeah brother

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The AEW equivalent of the Sami entrance would end with the wrestler entering a half filled high school auditorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMr3HINWdq8

cinema

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

ok time for a headcount - who here has experience with live broadcast or otherwise television production?

I used to be a producer for a morning show at KPLC. Before that I was an editor for the same show. We broadcast live five days a week and when I quit I was producing before and during a two and a half hour broadcast.

I directed local news for 2 decades.

My advice is to not watch local news.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAolvwxKatI

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Mr Hootington posted:

they're gonna kill you for this one, hoot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love that this suggests he just walked up the arena right on time. Like when Hangman rode his horse through the city and into the arena or whatever.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The Jericho entrance from this match was so good that I forgot all about the Moxley one

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sisal Two-Step posted:

they're gonna kill you for this one, hoot

good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

The guy who claims to have not watched modern wrestling before last week has jokes.

Lol it's so transparent who the Fed shills are.
"Just asking questions!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

The guy who claims to have not watched modern wrestling before last week has jokes.

To be fair it's pretty easy to figure out what is going to cook someone up around here, they're happy to tell you. Might have just picked it up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Reading someone make fun of AEW’s poor ratings and half empty houses and making a bunch of Curly from The Three Stooges noises.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Reading someone make fun of WWE's long takes and making a bunch of Will McAvoy from HBO'S The Newsroom noises.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How dare you imply I’ve seen The Newsroom.

I have seen it but that’s besides the point.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is the sami entrance cinema verite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stamford New Wave

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Is the sami entrance cinema verite

Yes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Reading someone make fun of AEW’s poor ratings and half empty houses and making a bunch of Curly from The Three Stooges noises.

The guy who hasn't watched a tv show from the last seven decades has jokes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh, a wise guy eh? Why I oughta…

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Some screencaps of RAW i took.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

lmao

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Now this is the good stuff.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lmfao

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/luireigns/status/1779682063844557186

i hope the wwe universe does not turn on cody that would not be good

I mean I like cody but his physical inability to not mention dusty in every single promo has always been weird

time to start a new story that doesn't involve daddy issues

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

arent wwe promos scripted nowadays? i could be wrong but i thought they were told what to say pretty clearly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feel good for Cody

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I'm not really paying attention to the crowd sizes on AEW but I do notice the crowd just sitting motionlessly while they pipe in cheering and poo poo in a lot of the WWE clips that get posted here. So I guess I can understand how little things like that can take you out of the moment.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I think people should stop taking Twitter stupidity like "cinema" too seriously.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

arent wwe promos scripted nowadays? i could be wrong but i thought they were told what to say pretty clearly

For the most part, but they also let some of them ad lib pretty heavily now. Cody's one of those guys who gets a lot of freedom with his promos.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Goblin Queen posted:

I'm not really paying attention to the crowd sizes on AEW but I do notice the crowd just sitting motionlessly while they pipe in cheering and poo poo in a lot of the WWE clips that get posted here. So I guess I can understand how little things like that can take you out of the moment.

I noticed that while watching AEW too. I think it happens during matches nobody is excited for.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody sticking too close to the same promo every time is what made people tire of his schtick in aew and hopefully he can change it up this time around and avoid that same fate

I enjoy watching him so I'm not rooting for history to repeat - I'm just like ok we've seen this promo for years what else have ya got

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

NienNunb posted:

Feel good for Cody

is that an order

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Mr Hootington posted:

I noticed that while watching AEW too. I think it happens during matches nobody is excited for.

So like most of a 3 hour episode of Raw, yeah.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cody needs to flip out and cut promos like he did when Husky Harris was eliminated from NXT.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

I mean I like cody but his physical inability to not mention dusty in every single promo has always been weird

time to start a new story that doesn't involve daddy issues

His latest promo on Raw wasn't about Dusty, talked about that story being over, thanked Rollins and how much his friendship means to him, mocked the bloodline in disarray and Roman being absent, he said he was preparing for the Rock's eventual return, then a bromance segment with yeet where he offered his ringside help against judgement day. Yeet turned him down.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

His latest promo on Raw wasn't about Dusty, talked about that story being over, thanked Rollins and how much his friendship means to him, mocked the bloodline in disarray and Roman being absent, he said he was preparing for the Rock's eventual return, then a bromance segment with yeet where he offered his ringside help against judgement day. Yeet turned him down.

that's awesome then - I didn't get to see it yet so I appreciate the context and stand corrected

hopefully he can keep that going and deepen his character as it's going to be tough if he wants to continue always being completely a face with no gray area in his character

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Goblin Queen posted:

So like most of a 3 hour episode of Raw, yeah.

The last 2 episodes of raw have had pretty animated crowds. I'd say the only dead spot in the last raw was the 3rd match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

The tweet quoted in here mocking Cody promos was from a Roman stan account, deeply unserious