Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

DRG was damned the moment they conceived the class tbh because you can only iterate on Kain so many times.

Yeah they just need to do something completely different for a bunch of the jobs. No reason not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gruckles posted:

Dataminers have gotten better looks at the AF sets.
https://imgur.com/a/RqJP2mr

The Bard bow is amazing.

WAR looks good as hell, probably going to become my canon glam.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dancer keeps getting the same set. Sam, Ninja, and Monk look good though. And that bow is incredible.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The person you quoted did, silly.

That's cool but you responded to me without quoting them as well. And again, it's not silly to notice and care about things other people don't notice or care about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Note Block posted:

That's cool but you responded to me without quoting them as well. And again, it's not silly to notice and care about things other people don't notice or care about.

Clicking the quote takes to your post that has the quoted one. And it's not that I don't notice the changes, it's that their comparisons are really bad ones to make because of...all the reasons I and others said that make it a silly overreaction.

It's like taking a photo of me made in ideal lighting and comparing it to one with a flashlight right in front of the camera. Yeah they're gonna be changes from one to the other but doom saying about how bad your character looks in the second is silly.

Especially when you can then click the start button and see how.much better you look in the actual.in game lighting.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 16, 2024

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gruckles posted:

The Bard bow is amazing.

Holy poo poo the tiny scholar hat.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Antivehicular posted:

The manatee is Extremely Important and I'm going to beeline to whatever element of DT gives it to me, like I did with the Fat Cat back in ARR

My guess is fishing exploration ventures at cap.

Gruckles posted:

I really like MCH, RDM and RPR in this.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Clicking the quote takes to your post that has the quoted one. And it's not that I don't notice the changes, it's that their comparisons are really bad ones to make because of...all the reasons I and others said that make it a silly overreaction

I'm on the app, so it looks like you're specifically addressing me. I have now clarified this a couple times.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The original person who started this whole thing made it pretty clear why it upset them and why it dampened their excitement for the expac...Don't think it was all that unreasonable of an emotional response even if I think it'll prob look better in different lighting.

I'm just gonna agree with Ibram here, I'm sorry you disagree.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gruckles posted:

Yo they finally made a black mage weapon that bumps the paintbrush and Astrolabe down.

Kitty staff! :3:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Note Block posted:

I'm on the app, so it looks like you're specifically addressing me. I have now clarified this a couple times.

I'm just gonna agree with Ibram here, I'm sorry you disagree.

Again, you're the one that said there's massive differences worth being upset about and...most of tyat that's explained by taking a shot in the worst light possible and comparing it to ideal settings lol

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Samurai is very flashy, but I like the lightly armored look incorporating sode and kusazuri this time, since most Samurai AF before has trended towards unarmored ronin, though Shadowbringers did have that muscle suit.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Again, you're the one that said there's massive differences worth being upset about and...most of tyat that's explained by taking a shot in the worst light possible and comparing it to ideal settings lol

Everyone else has moved on why are you dragging this out. It's just someone's opinion. You don't need to headlock them into submission.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the ff16 crossover should’ve let us bring Clive to the Crystal tower and watch him flip out

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gruckles posted:

The Bard bow is amazing.

Sage literally gets a Char mask as part of their AF Set, i love it.

MNK looks pretty good, though I'll likely not use all of it.

SMN looks fantastic.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

GNB armor looks pretty similar to the existing ones......... Which means its loving awesome looking.

Not a fan of the Gunblade itself though, not enough Gun to go with the blade there. But tbh any gunblade lacking a revolver cylinder is automatically 3rd-rate at best.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The chained-up blade is so over-the-top though, I love it. MCH’s gun is really good too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I saw people complaining about BLM's AF always being bad but this might actually be my favorite one they've had, I dig it

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Gruckles posted:

Holy poo poo the goddamn tiny hat.

Also yes, some of the weapons are the real stars of the show this time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chillgamesh posted:

The chained-up blade is so over-the-top though, I love it. MCH’s gun is really good too

Sheriff Mechanist coming to town with big iron on his hip back.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The GNB coat is probably the coolest coat they've come up with. Love the red highlight at the bottom.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Nobody mentioning DRK? Like yeah, a bit derivative but the helmet looks cool as hell and the AF set does give more of a knightly vibe instead of edgy. Actually made me waver into maining DRK instead of switching to VPR or PMC. But I guess I've already accepted buttcapes are staying on tanks forever.

SMN does look amazing, it has the job identity while giving it a comfy and western vibe.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

How are these the same thing?

Admittedly I'm cheating and using the male versions of the DNC AF gearsets. The female versions definitely all hit the same notes of "cool red flowy outfit".

I've basically lived in the EW DNC AF gear since I got it, it's so drat good looking on males.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

How are these the same thing?

Admittedly I'm cheating and using the male versions of the DNC AF gearsets. The female versions definitely all hit the same notes of "cool red flowy outfit".

I've basically lived in the EW DNC AF gear since I got it, it's so drat good looking on males.

Yeah, I was talking about the lady ones since that is the version shown in the mined images.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gruckles posted:

The Bard bow is amazing.

No lunchbox on Machinist? Is it FINALLY something you can toggle off (without mods)? :pray:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Kerrzhe posted:

i assumed they loaded up the characters from the benchmark that were wearing each set, but it's weird cause there's definitely an au ra wearing the reaper set with the hood at the end

one of the dataminers said not all sets have data for every race/gender. rdm being miqo does imply no hat tho, unless the sets are still unfinished which sounds plausible

Funky Valentine posted:

You cannot convince me that every DNC AF armor isn't the same thing every time.

the 3 DNC sets aren't all that similar imo https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/gearsets/ranged?model=female&job%5B%5D=dnc&restrictJob=1
they're of a similar theme though, that's just af gear in final fantasy. this one's got painted toes which i hope is also the case for the dude version. and i wonder if that means the toe color dyes with the gear

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

parasyte posted:

one of the dataminers said not all sets have data for every race/gender. rdm being miqo does imply no hat tho, unless the sets are still unfinished which sounds plausible

the 3 DNC sets aren't all that similar imo https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/gearsets/ranged?model=female&job%5B%5D=dnc&restrictJob=1
they're of a similar theme though, that's just af gear in final fantasy. this one's got painted toes which i hope is also the case for the dude version. and i wonder if that means the toe color dyes with the gear

We do have two dye channels now so maybe one can be for toes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arist posted:

I saw people complaining about BLM's AF always being bad but this might actually be my favorite one they've had, I dig it

yeah I dont get it, its unique and cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

No lunchbox on Machinist? Is it FINALLY something you can toggle off (without mods)? :pray:
the lunchbox is like a 'separate' piece of gear they probably just didnt turn it on for these screenshots because it doesnt differ with gear so it wouldnt be part of the gearset

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

The lunchbox is still there on the Benchmark Hrothgar machinist - it's hard to get a good angle to see it in the High-Extremely High final screen but it's still its old self, so it's hard to tell if it's toggleable from just this. And the imgur gallery doesn't have, like, the Summoner horn on that is much more clearly being worn in the Benchmark.

A lot of the hats, actually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AST has some extreme "My Aunt who is really into Astrology" energy. (Not a criticism.)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Still curious what they're going to do with the rpr top on women.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Still curious what they're going to do with the rpr top on women.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm just happy the star witch class finally has a proper hat for the first time since 3.0

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah all the hats are in the benchmark I don't know why the sets don't have them in the datamines

Still big fan of Dante red mage and cozy summoner

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SGE continuing the proud healer tradition of wearing a big white garbage bag with greebles stapled on

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I honestly really like the Black Mage set a lot. It's probably the best one since the ARR set imo. Also, I think the Monk one is gonna be great with dual dye channels.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

those BLM hand tattoos look so cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
unfortunately I feel like the picto gear is probably not gonna look great on lalafell, but there's no shortage of caster gear that does so w/e.

e: other than the hat, which is very lala-coded

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Samurai gear is great but continues the most baffling issue I have with glamour in this game.

I have a design with an injured clearly blind eye. I love the possibility of eyepatch glamours.

Literally 90% of all eyepatches in this game cover the same side.

My character has an injured right eye, 90% of eyepatches, including this new artefact gear, are for the LEFT EYE, and there's no left/right toggle on any of them.

Why SE, why are you only making left side eyepatches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Love Gunbreaker coats