Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Did anyone else pull an absurd amount of Herzog baseball cards back in the 80s?
I think I had twice as many Herzog cards as I have of all other managers from the same era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

tadashi posted:

Did anyone else pull an absurd amount of Herzog baseball cards back in the 80s?
I think I had twice as many Herzog cards as I have of all other managers from the same era.

I'm a little bummed that I'm just a bit too young to remember Herzog managing the Royals - but I sure remember him managing the Cardinals in '85.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Forrest Whitley is finally getting called up by the Astros

So it’s come to this…

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

happy anniversary https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/status/1780231140541944066

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Always love this clip :discourse:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Goddamn he is always having random rear end little foot things isn't he
https://x.com/Braves/status/1780319997371281456

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
great toe?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

One of the greatest toe fractures

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

explosivo posted:

How does that in any way stop them from challenging a call? It's not like the guard's so massive he completely obscures the manager while he's doing the international sign for "i am challenging this call". Did he really have to grab the dude and shove him out of the way?

you have a really short amount of time to challenge a play and the security guard walked between him and the coach checking with their review guy so he couldn't see the signal, which caused him to run out of time

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fractured GOAT (greatest of all toes)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

IcePhoenix posted:

you have a really short amount of time to challenge a play and the security guard walked between him and the coach checking with their review guy so he couldn't see the signal, which caused him to run out of time

Fair. Still feels like kind of an excessive reaction but that security guard was definitely being real loving dumb.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Goddamn he is always having random rear end little foot things isn't he
https://x.com/Braves/status/1780319997371281456

He got plunked on the foot last night

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

it's Fletchin' time

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Freidman bullpens always seem to go through this kind of phase so I'm not super concerned about it for now.

The bottom of the lineup, they have some guys they could call up but they are probably going to give Taylor and Lux 3-4 months to try to turn it around before giving up on them.

Not a ton of fun to watch in the meantime. At least Buehler should be back soon.

Maybe you won't have to wait that long, cause they just called up this guy:

https://twitter.com/SamDykstraMiLB/status/1780264151190737148

Andy Pages sounds like an interesting prospect. Apparently he is one of the most extreme launch-angle guys in the minors. Looking at some highlights and all of his homers are like that, total moonshots.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

He got plunked on the foot last night
Ah I didn't get to watch live and didn't notice that in the recap. He's had another fracture or two over the years I wanna say and I don't remember if they were HBPs or just stepped on it wrong.

Still probably fine but this lineup does not look nearly as long when it's Guillorme (and/or probably Fletcher soon) and Tromp in there on the same day.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this dude rules

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was at that game :smugdog:

It was Patriots Day, so I didn't have class.

I didn't even know the pizza thing happened until I got home and checked the thread.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Andy Pages sounds like an interesting prospect. Apparently he is one of the most extreme launch-angle guys in the minors. Looking at some highlights and all of his homers are like that, total moonshots.
Yeah I did not expect Pages to be up this soon, hopefully he mashes

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Got to see him in the AzFL the other year and yeah, when he got into one it was something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

javy owns so much, once baseball finally bans the unfair slider 2 feet off the plate he is going to the hall
https://x.com/AndThatsBB/status/1780296703913955656

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Call the doctor because that was sick!

Javy owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

still insanely weird to hear bennetti calling javy highlights

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://x.com/obvious_shirts/status/1780265260353556826?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

:3:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I like when the Jays beat the Yankees

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Angels finding a way to lose

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

oh hell yeah

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

R.D. Mangles posted:

javy owns so much, once baseball finally bans the unfair slider 2 feet off the plate he is going to the hall
https://x.com/AndThatsBB/status/1780296703913955656

His defense is still amazing (knock on wood he hasn't had any awful throws yet either), and he isn't going anywhere as long as there isn't any viable farm option at SS (Ryan Kreidler is currently injured).

Just keep giving the occasional offensive flash, Mr. El Mago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Padres blaargh blah blah yaargh. Yaaay.

No seriously San Diego is fulfilling their role as early season champions. Can't wait to see how they slowly slip out of contention.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The Mets are now above .500. All hail your second NL Wild Card. Raise the fuckin' banner.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Go Padres blaargh blah blah yaargh. Yaaay.

No seriously San Diego is fulfilling their role as early season champions. Can't wait to see how they slowly slip out of contention.
Do you have to be in first place to win the early season championship or is second place and a series win against the Dodgers good enough?

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 17, 2024

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

:siren:the m's have won a series:siren:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Padres could have easily swept the Dodgers in Seoul if Shohei hadn't sent Ippei out to cut Jake Cronenworth's glove.

They can't keep getting away with this!!!

Context for the joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHxJ_9EvBE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bawfuls posted:

Do you have to be in first place to win the early season championship or is second place and a series win against the Dodgers good enough?

They've got the same number of wins as the Dodgers and one extra loss. Next Dodgers game will make all the difference. Also what Bogus Adventure said.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Woke up mad about the Cubs bullpen

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

At least your leadoff batter isn't Anthony Rendon. Who, by the way, has made $3.93 million dollars so far this season, while producing an OPS+ of 74.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bregor posted:

Not regretting my decision to go to sleep

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

mdemone posted:

At least your leadoff batter isn't Anthony Rendon. Who, by the way, has made $3.93 million dollars so far this season, while producing an OPS+ of 74.

Jose Abreu has made $2.87m and has an OPS+ of -25 :colbert: He also somehow has a -0.4 dWAR already in 15 games, but I also don't know how dWAR is calculated so

Intruder fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 17, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basically we should never sign another free agent ever again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It was always going to be downhill from Uncle Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Come to Houston! Fall off a loving cliff!