Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Or maybe it's like Turner Field and all the black people living in the neighborhood scared the Best Fans in Baseball away.

I don't disagree that racism played a huge part in driving the Braves out to Cobb County, but, ye gods, getting to and from Turner was a goddamn nightmare. You had to drive (or walk) to MARTA, take a train to Underground Atlanta, walk through Underground Atlanta, then take a bus to the stadium. Doing this to get to the stadium wasn't a huge pain, but leaving the stadium was annoying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

bradzilla posted:

What is wrong with Busch Stadium?

It's usually filled with Cardinals fans.

Well, "filled" according to the official attendance figures anyway.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/GregRajan/status/1780659158716448972

JV getting the ball on Friday, stros bros: are we back?

Can't come soon enough - team is spiraling downward right now.

The only solace is the schedule has been absolutely brutal so far - but still. This team historically has been able to beat the Yankees or the Braves of the world.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anthony Santander is such a good baseball name

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Timby posted:

I don't disagree that racism played a huge part in driving the Braves out to Cobb County, but, ye gods, getting to and from Turner was a goddamn nightmare. You had to drive (or walk) to MARTA, take a train to Underground Atlanta, walk through Underground Atlanta, then take a bus to the stadium. Doing this to get to the stadium wasn't a huge pain, but leaving the stadium was annoying as hell.
getting in and out of Dodger Stadium is so bad it’s a meme, but the Dodgers lead baseball in attendance every year anyway

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

zoux posted:

i was checking out all the baseball plaques they have on eutaw street at OPACY for homers out of the park and that mf has like ten of them it's wild

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Get ready for a WEZNASTY homestand
https://x.com/Taylor_McGregor/status/1780672553805320463

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Please anyone who can get outs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Twins loving suck rear end.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
edit: not GDT. gently caress a dback

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

bradzilla posted:

What is wrong with Busch Stadium? I was there last week and it seemed pretty nice and not in any horrid state of disrepair.

It's an 18 year old dinosaur.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Timby posted:

The reason there was no train to Turner field/Fulton County Stadium was racism. The original MARTA engineers routed around those neighborhoods for fear that demand at peak operating times would be too high for the trains to handle in poor black inner city neighborhoods :lol:

Also, it wasn't just the fact that a stadium was being built in Cobb County that pissed people off. It was that the whole deal was pre-negotiated with no public input and the commissioners pushing it through stuffed public meetings with staffers so that nobody against the funding could speak out.
I hope that loving Battery ends up as empty as I hear it has become.

The new stuff Georgia State built where Turner field was seems to be pretty cool. They even preserved the spot where 715 landed.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 17, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

oh I see the problem here, you’re trying to gently caress a dback, what you need to do is step on snek

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Poque posted:

V: I think Ketel Marte would be the best lay, personally

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

V: I think Ketel Marte would be the best lay, personally

I swear there's a video about Ketel Marte on YouTube in the style of Cribs where he shows the cameraman around his house.
When they get to his shoes, he shows the camera that the nickname "Smash" is printed on the back of his shoes because, as he assures the camera, "Everyone knows my nickname is Smash".
I have yet to ever hear anyone in the media or around MLB refer to him has Smash.

I can't find this video rn but I know I saw it sometime after the first season he spent in Arizona.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bradzilla posted:

The Twins loving suck rear end.

See the problem is I was actually hopeful.

Start with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. Start with high expectations, and we get... this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1780653227882447342

lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

the astro cheaters have a worse record than the A's. lol lmao

When will Yankees fans ever get the gently caress over it?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

getting in and out of Dodger Stadium is so bad it’s a meme, but the Dodgers lead baseball in attendance every year anyway

It's got the second largest capacity next to Oakland which has to help.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Never. They'll never get over it. Every single person in the Astros org will get the Snodgrass treatment in the New York papers, and they'll think they're making a point.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Bad news for Bill DeWitt III is that due to insanely stupid decisions made a long time ago, the only people able to vote for this are not going to be the idiotic suburban or exurban fans, but people who actually live in the city, the people who elected Cori Bush. Do not see them wanting to line the pockets of an ownership group that refuses to invest in the team despite continually promising too.

Also, the ST LOUIS RACIST stuff doesn't apply here since basically nobody lives downtown and if they do they're like that scared freak in the article who compares it to staying at a resort in Mexico

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/GregRajan/status/1780659158716448972

JV getting the ball on Friday, stros bros: are we back?

None of it matters with this bullpen

davecrazy posted:

It's mcmagic. His gimmick is being aggrieved. Same as how he's posted 10x as many times about Vlad Jr not wanting to be a Yankee as Vlad has talked about it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Houston Chronicle must save the season by printing the Dead Season Tombstone article

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dodgers aren't running away with the division this year. NL West is wide open.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

The AL West is also wide open. In a sense.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

The AL West is also wide open. In a sense.

As in, hell yawns wide open beneath us

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

It's no Jackie Bradley Jr.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

The offense looks lovely this week but pump the brakes on declaring the division wide open after two bad series.

Last year the Dodgers were tied for first on July 13th. They won the division by 16 games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let Kyle Hendricks DH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is a threat
https://x.com/Taylor_McGregor/status/1780723467891126619

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh nice that means Imanaga will start the game I'm going to on Friday. :toot:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Intruder posted:

None of it matters with this bullpen

It's mcmagic. His gimmick is being aggrieved. Same as how he's posted 10x as many times about Vlad Jr not wanting to be a Yankee as Vlad has talked about it

No. Most of my team at work are Yankee fans and they make the same digs anytime the Astros come up. The whole fandom is obsessed.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

davecrazy posted:

No. Most of my team at work are Yankee fans and they make the same digs anytime the Astros come up. The whole fandom is obsessed.

What'd you expect from Yankees fans?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Far be it for me to defend mcmagic, but: It's true, Yankees fans are the only people who dislike the Astros and want them to lose.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 18, 2024

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

goms

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'll take anyone with a pulse at this point

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate the Astros but I’m so over the poo poo talking back and forth. And it’s the same poo poo talking I’ve gotten from most fans forever. It’s exhausting.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

davecrazy posted:

Doesn't seem any worse than people at a Red Sox/Padres game chanting "gently caress the Yankees" for a full inning

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry to interrupt but i have to post about some minor cubs transactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

Doesn't seem any worse than people at a Red Sox/Padres game chanting "gently caress the Yankees" for a full inning

Right. And some of the posters here white knighting the Astros are the biggest “gently caress the Yankees” posters for years and years. It’s all the same poo poo but everyone thinks their poo poo don’t stink.