Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

P sure I saw these eyes in a photo with my grandma who had Alzheimer's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

kazil posted:

lol DJT is going to break $30 again

To the moon!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

tek79 posted:

I had this same thought, but I'm assuming he also has to have Secret Service standing directly outside the door while he's in there knowing they can hear his rear end blowing the place up. Trump is in some temporary bit of hell and he deserves every second of it.

Isn't it even worse than that for the Secret Service? I remember reading once (don't remember source, so might have been BS) that in situations like that with the president they have to go in afterwards and make sure no...evidence...is left behind that an enemy could use to get medical info.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Catastrophe posted:

I want to know the point in Christian empathy for others where the viciously open hatred that Trump espouses causes them to finally question whether or not they're truly following their book's message of love and acceptance or follow a hate-monger who does anything possible to poo poo on the message that book teaches.

But we all know that point clearly doesn't exist for them. God be damned. Fat hate man is their new messiah.

Christianity is a way for them to be less scared of death. There is no greater rationale to it beyond it also being a "cultural" marker for them to base their identity off of.

If these people didn't have the white Christian American identity and metrics to live their lives by, they would be completely lost. The appeal is that there's a social structure that tells them everything they "should" be and what constitutes being happy and fulfilled. IE, married, children, owning a house, a car, having a job that pays decently in a "respectable" career (in other words, something that wouldn't be embarrassing by that same social metric), wearing certain clothes, liking certain things, having certain beliefs, etc. and that in the end they will be rewarded for hitting all the bullet points.

This is why they're insanely sensitive about people being "anti-white" (lol) or how they think diversity is destroying their identity, because they place the entire value of their lives on that extremely narrow status quo. You're attacking all the things they consider important and essential to life, which scares them because it undermines the thoughtless way they go about their identity. If they ever had to think about what they actually wanted, or thought about how arbitrary and meaningless most of the social mores and expectations they abide by are, it would tear down their entire sense of self and they'd be forced to think and feel about the world in an honest, genuine way, rather than brushing those questions off by using dogma and tradition as a shield.

It's why those "conservatives are happier" studies are bogus, besides them being done by entities with ulterior motives, to these people happiness is a quantifiable state of being achieved by reaching certain goals versus an actual, persistent emotion you feel.

So really, all of them are just scared shitless that the world is complicated and doesn't vindicate all their beliefs, so clearly there is a conspiracy undermining the truth because accepting that they're blobs just living the lives they do out of fear and a need to have someone give them all the answers is far beyond their ability to emotionally process.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Senor Tron posted:

Isn't it even worse than that for the Secret Service? I remember reading once (don't remember source, so might have been BS) that in situations like that with the president they have to go in afterwards and make sure no...evidence...is left behind that an enemy could use to get medical info.

the DNA coded killer virus from the Hitman games is real, so they try to avoid leaving DNA around

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL and g'night to you all, may trumb's nussy be saggy and irritated tomorrow in court.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Any KGB agent that can survive going into the shitter after Trump should just be allowed to have the intel.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Almost Smart posted:

They’re setting the stage for a Jan 6 redux. It doesn’t excuse those cretins, but they were so siloed in the rear end in a top hat of conservative media that they literally couldn’t comprehend Trump getting less than 80% of the popular vote. Ergo, Biden could have only won by cheating. How he managed to pull this off with Trump in charge and Republicans controlling most of the machinery to run the elections is… HEY THE GREEN M&M ISN’T WEARING BOOTS ANYMORE

Good, let them try. Jan 6th only had the marginal success it did because the guy who was in charge of deploying the defenses didn't.

Let the chuds try to breach an actually defended Capitol and see how far their military cosplay gets them.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Fuuuuuck I never realized that getting called as a juror meant you could call Trump a dumbass to his face.

This is why doing your civic duty is important. Also jury nullification.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

reminds me of the swearing-in ceremony after you pass the bar. you have to solemnly recite the latin phrase "never fight uphill, me boys"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Fuuuuuck I never realized that getting called as a juror meant you could call Trump a dumbass to his face.

Yeah I would never lie and try to claim impartiality to actually be selected for that jury

Buuuut I would kill for the chance to be a prospective juror who gets excused for saying Trump is stupid and fat and has tiny hands within earshot of him

Like your odds of winning the lottery are better than the chance of that happening

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Buce posted:

reminds me of the swearing-in ceremony after you pass the bar. you have to solemnly recite the latin phrase "never fight uphill, me boys"

Aliquam matrem fornicarii semper conantur glaciem nullam ascensus.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ymgve posted:

the DNA coded killer virus from the Hitman games is real, so they try to avoid leaving DNA around
but i assassinated that virus in the hitman games :(

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Log082 posted:

I saw a (possibly apocryphal) story once about a construction crew that accidentally hooked their industrial air compressor to a sewage line, pressurizing the line and causing toilets in nearby buildings to flush backwards. Energetically.

Not sure why I remembered that just now.

I'll tell you a true story that happened to me. Some plumbers were doing some work next door and pumped some air into the pipes to flush em out. Due to some illegal plumbing the previous owners of my house (and current owners of next door's house) had done our pipes are connected and I came home to find my house full of sewer gas and a toilet that had exploded. Thank God I flush religiously.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if trump wins harlem... i don't know what to say about america if that really happened.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Strong Sauce posted:

if trump wins harlem... i don't know what to say about america if that really happened.

That it's a shithole and it sucks? But we already knew that.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Strong Sauce posted:

If he wins Harlem that's 400+ electoral votes and we're screwed

It ain't gonna happen

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That it's a shithole and it sucks? But we already knew that.

Why's it a poo poo hole and why does it suck?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Aliquam matrem fornicarii semper conantur glaciem nullam ascensus.

I’m gonna need a citation for that, mister.

It translates to “the loving stairs are always trying some mother, no ice”

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Poverty and gentrification.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It ain't gonna happen

He’s talking about the US and not Harlem.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It ain't gonna happen

Because it's full of Americans and it once elected Donald Trump as president. There's other reasons but need I go on?

Frank Frank posted:

He’s talking about the US and not Harlem.

Yeah I'm pretty neutral about Harlem, although they did come up with that stupid internet trend back in the 10s and their basketball team are famously huge cheaters.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Keep on lolling

https://twitter.com/TylerMcBrien/status/1780960069888147653?t=9TXVas2Qeb9N8dAH2q3BMw&s=19

"A pool reporter notes that, curiously, "when the defense is introduced to the potential jurors seated in the audience, Trump does not stand up like his legal team does to turn and face them."

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1780995450935431630?t=xStoEy-pD2IJOkXFW1Jl8Q&s=19

"In my over 20 years practicing criminal law, I have never observed a defendant refuse to stand and face the jury.

Any competent lawyer would tell their client that his fate is in the jury’s hands and they will watch everything he does.

Trump’s disrespect for the jury is unwise."

This is on brand for donald. Disdain the procedure and not deign to acknowledge lower people who are beneath him. He's a regular Louis XVI

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Welp

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

I swear, it looks like this man is wearing a face mask of his own face, left out for a week on a gas station hotdog roller.

Or some sort of facemask made from wet orange clay. Like a golem, except nobody ever bothered to inscribe 'emet'.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Apollodorus posted:

I’m gonna need a citation for that, mister.

It translates to “the loving stairs are always trying some mother, no ice”

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Craig Charles / Dave Lister

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Floor Action Response Team

The far-right House Republican group Thursday appeared to be plotting a defensive tactic against moderate counterparts and has assembled to assist them in this effort a Floor Action Response Team, or as Politico's Congress reporter Olivia Beavers dubbed it in acronym, a FART.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

I just hope I can finish fallout before it turns into a documentary

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wait he said that on tape?

Yeah there’s the audio of Michael Cohen and him discussing how to hide the money to keep it from getting into the papers

It might be the GET ME A COKE PLEASE tape actually

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

<cool and good words>

Yep. Thank you. It's incredibly frustrating to be on the other side of their coin but I've been repeatedly told by some family members to please give up and stop trying to use things like facts and reasoning with those in the family who are still fully invested in their cult. I've repeatedly been told that facts hold no power against those who have dedicated their lives to a cult but I wanted to believe otherwise. I wish I could have done more but it's not in the cards.

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Christianity is a way for them to be less scared of death. There is no greater rationale to it beyond it also being a "cultural" marker for them to base their identity off of.

If these people didn't have the white Christian American identity and metrics to live their lives by, they would be completely lost. The appeal is that there's a social structure that tells them everything they "should" be and what constitutes being happy and fulfilled. IE, married, children, owning a house, a car, having a job that pays decently in a "respectable" career (in other words, something that wouldn't be embarrassing by that same social metric), wearing certain clothes, liking certain things, having certain beliefs, etc. and that in the end they will be rewarded for hitting all the bullet points.

This is why they're insanely sensitive about people being "anti-white" (lol) or how they think diversity is destroying their identity, because they place the entire value of their lives on that extremely narrow status quo. You're attacking all the things they consider important and essential to life, which scares them because it undermines the thoughtless way they go about their identity. If they ever had to think about what they actually wanted, or thought about how arbitrary and meaningless most of the social mores and expectations they abide by are, it would tear down their entire sense of self and they'd be forced to think and feel about the world in an honest, genuine way, rather than brushing those questions off by using dogma and tradition as a shield.

It's why those "conservatives are happier" studies are bogus, besides them being done by entities with ulterior motives, to these people happiness is a quantifiable state of being achieved by reaching certain goals versus an actual, persistent emotion you feel.

So really, all of them are just scared shitless that the world is complicated and doesn't vindicate all their beliefs, so clearly there is a conspiracy undermining the truth because accepting that they're blobs just living the lives they do out of fear and a need to have someone give them all the answers is far beyond their ability to emotionally process.

This is a quality analysis.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah we're going to do the thing. Now I can stop worrying about the bills.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hell yeah we're going to do the thing. Now I can stop worrying about the bills.

But I'm having so much fun. Can we do this next generation, please?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
Yes, it was a pain in the rear end to get here but I'm really comfortable with my fugue state and nuclear apocalypse is such a drag

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

my boss just "heavily suggested" that it would be good for me to work from home less at my half-year performance review today so hell yeah, nuke the poo poo out of me

just me specifically though, being nuked should be a strictly opt in experience

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I'm trying to piece together what's going on in the courtroom based on the sketches

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Can I just say how funny it is that they are giving Trump a stack of emotional support papers to keep him busy, like how you give a toddler a placemat with a maze and a word search when you go out to a diner.

Also great that for literal generations now, no Trump has figured out how to look busy other than dressing up and sitting at a desk with papers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Trump is constantly Goofus from those old Goofus And Gallant comics

His face is always the zoom-in tuba punchline shot except he doesn't understand what a punchline is