Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This doesn't seem ideal for the Flyers.

https://x.com/charlieo_conn/status/1781351849917817182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/JFreshHockey/status/1781355344125403182

lmao Micah was worse than fan average at standings predictions this year

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Go ahead and bet on Pete DeBoer if you insist, just don't come back here crying when bad things happen to your money.

You can bet on DeBoer to get you as far as the SC Final.

trilljester posted:

*Narrator voice* They're gonna lose the lottery to the Blackhawks.

Dunno if it would be worse to lose to Chicago or some team 8 ranks up who weren't even supposed to be in lottery contention, like, say, New Jersey.

e: didn't realize NJ was actually 10th worst, so they would in fact get the 1OA if they won lolol

Okay now I've decided I'd rather it go to NJ than Chicago.

Hey that's not allowed

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
He's not going to tell the press "we are definitely trading for a goalie this offseason" unless he wants the asking price to go up by an extra 2nd rounder.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/1781343961895825499

It's happening

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Are we getting split N/V threads for playoffs team and loser non-playoff teams?

I'm calling it now: Kings are going on a 2012-like run. I think I see Quick, Brown, Williams, Carter, Richards, and even Penner walking through that door.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm guessing for the first round the total combined TOI for Wilson and Rempe is going to be around 8 minutes. and their total combined PIM will be around 150 minutes.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Koth posted:

I don't understand how the best defensive team in the league is considered a fraud.

I don't think the Jets are frauds. I think Bowness is a fraud and hope he retires after this season.

Pionk should not be playing 20 minutes a night. Appleton should not have played 60 minutes more at 5v5 than Ehlers. Connor and Scheifele should be split up much more often

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Twin Cinema posted:

The Leafs could be up 3-0 in the series, winning 7-0 in Game 4 late in the third, against Boston, and I still wouldn't believe they could pull it off.

Also the Kings will lose the first round in a spectacular fashion

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 19, 2024

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Powershift posted:

I'm guessing for the first round the total combined TOI for Wilson and Rempe is going to be around 8 minutes. and their total combined PIM will be around 150 minutes.

It’s gonna rule

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Kite posted:

I'm calling it now: Kings are going on a 2012-like run. I think I see Quick, Brown, Williams, Carter, Richards, and even Penner walking through that door.

We have to wait for a November thread to get made first.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Mr. Kite posted:

Putting this here to compare against results in 6 months.

Bedard: 30 real: 22
Raddysh: 25 real: 5
Hall: 20 real: 2 in 10 games
Athanasiou: 20 real: 2 in 28 games
Reichel: 20 real: 5
Guttman: 15 real: 4 in 27 games
Johnson: 15 real: 17
Donato: 15 real: 12
Perry: 10 real: 4 in 16 games
Foligno: 10 real: 17
Some hits, some misses. Mostly misses.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

It’s gonna rule

nah they're both gonna behave because they want to be on the ice "helping their team" but if Wilson throws a questionable hit then some poo poo is gonna go down one way or another

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Mr. Kite posted:

three threads; playoff teams, non-playoff teams, and the clinically insane

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

if Wilson throws a questionable hit

hahahahahahahaha

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Levitate posted:

nah they're both gonna behave because they want to be on the ice "helping their team" but if Wilson throws a questionable hit then some poo poo is gonna go down one way or another

I'd personally prefer the series start with a line brawl off the opening face-off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

when

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
rempe losing a fight and taking himself and wilson out of the game for extended time, IS helping his team.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

ugh, I love rempe now

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Dubas easing Pens fans fears

https://x.com/real_robrossi/status/1781324900348665924?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

https://x.com/real_robrossi/status/1781328885004550265?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ryan Graves is still trying to come to terms with the season

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tom Wilson’s not gonna do anything and Rempe’s not gonna do anything either. At least until game three.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Tom Wilson’s not gonna do anything and Rempe’s not gonna do anything either. At least until game three.

You say that like Wilson has enough self control to not do something incredibly stupid just out of habit.

Remember when he was confused about getting suspended for swinging his stick right at somebody's face because it didn't even take them out of the game.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

https://x.com/JFreshHockey/status/1781355344125403182

lmao Micah was worse than fan average at standings predictions this year

Here are the figures for some other models:

90 points for every team: 14
Exactly the same points as last season: 10.38

So @hockeyviz managed to do worse than the advanced algorithm of "copy last season's standings".

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I know we're a bunch of lawless scamps these days but the loser thread was always the offseason thread too during the playoffs I think, and it's up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058745

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

lotta people inhere seem to think that Wilson can actually fight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I appreciate Kyle Dubas allowing Mike Sullivan to evaluate why he (Mike Sullivan) has sucked rear end at coaching for like 6 years going now

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Get this depressing doom posting about the penguins outta here. This thread is for unbridled optimism and hope

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Powershift posted:

You say that like Wilson has enough self control to not do something incredibly stupid just out of habit.

Remember when he was confused about getting suspended for swinging his stick right at somebody's face because it didn't even take them out of the game.

Wilson was entirely correct to be confused by his suspension being longer than the injury. The absolutely standard practice for the NHL is to suspend someone only if their incredibly dangerous acts actually result in a serious injury and those suspensions are usually weeks shorter than the injury the victim has to deal with. The fact that the circumstances were reversed is actually surprising even if that's how it should actually be in all the other cases, too.

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 19, 2024

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

glynnenstein posted:

Wilson was entirely correct to be confused by his suspension being longer than the injury. The absolutely standard practice for the NHL is to suspend someone only if their incredibly dangerous acts actually result in a serious injury and those suspensions are usually weeks shorter than the injury the victim has to deal with. The fact that the circumstances were reversed is actually surprising even if that's how it should actually be in all the other cases, too.

Injury is a factor in length, recovery is not a factor in commutation, and the Bertuzzi example used was way more about pending litigation and potential charges than length of injury which has ruined the conversation on this for what, fifteen years now? Twenty?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Mr. Kite posted:

If the Kings could be swept in 3, we would be swept in 3 this year. Pending the most LOilers collapse of all time

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Oilers struggle against teams that can score and well that sure is not the Kings.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/dalter/status/1781394481452839339

Oh good, William Nylander is injured.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Just popped up on Instagram lol, I need this airbrushed on a Hanes beefy-t

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Owns. Pick me up one too.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/jonassiegel/status/1781373347563237436?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Brodie has sucked for a while now, but I dunno about Lyubushkin getting top pairing minutes

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

glynnenstein posted:

Swinging your stick has always been considered a very serious offense in the NHL, and doubly so since Marty McSorely was convicted of assault with a weapon on Brashear.

Also it's Tom Wilson here, he's got a helluva rapsheet and will be getting no favours from DOPS.

grack fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 19, 2024

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/jonassiegel/status/1781373347563237436?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Brodie has sucked for a while now, but I dunno about Lyubushkin getting top pairing minutes

Only good Leafs defender lately has been McCabe, they’re mostly banking on Rielly randomly becoming decent in the playoffs like he has the last two years

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
This might be a weird thing to say, but is it just me or are there are a lot of good teams in the playoffs this year, at least in the west? Vegas is an 8th seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

grack posted:

Swinging your stick has always been considered a very serious offense in the NHL, and doubly so since Marty McSorely was convicted of assault with a weapon on Brashear.

Also it's Tom Wilson here, he's got a helluva rapsheet and will be getting no favours from DOPS.

I'm sure things will improve when Wilson's running the DOPS.