Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Infinitum posted:

:lol: Asmodee going back to being Asmodee, and surviving another day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVqozczRuuM

I was excited to think that we might see an official Innovation digital adaptation as a result to go along with the Ultimate Edition kickstarter... until I remembered that's Asmadi, not Asmodee. Wrong board game-related company. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao embracer. 2 of the companies are filled with the decent studios and ips they had and the 3rd has all the junk and debt.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Embracer Poop

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_E-1SDVM0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Let's hope it's better than the last LotR game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gollum, breeding halls, NOW

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That animation looks jank as hell.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video unavailable
This video is private

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Already cancelled no hobbit Stardew for you

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Video unavailable
This video is private
It was a trailer with gameplay footage of the new hobbit game

Incredible that they made it private lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's probably not a good idea to start off the trailer to your cozy game by showing off your characters' absolutely horrifying goblin feet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

it's probably not a good idea to start off the trailer to your cozy game by showing off your characters' absolutely horrifying goblin feet

nah, these devs know what Middle Earth fans want.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vermain posted:

I said come in! posted:

nah, these devs know what Middle Earth fans want.

Flute music, gnarly feet, Tom Bombadil. Everything you could ever fuckin need

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

It was a trailer with gameplay footage of the new hobbit game

Incredible that they made it private lmao

Was it the official account? Did they just accidentally release it early?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hobbit Stardew Valley sounds amazing, you would have to really royally gently caress up for that not to sell a billion copies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haveblue posted:

Was it the official account? Did they just accidentally release it early?

It wasn't the official account, so yeah, probably just put up early

Vermain posted:

It's a hobbit game though, that's like their thing

mystes
May 31, 2006

The video was capture by archive.org here: https://web.archive.org/web/20240422135355/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_E-1SDVM0

I can't actually watch it on the page but I can download it by yt-dlp

Here's the last 60 seconds or so (because of imgur limitations) if anyone just wants to see what the gameplay looks like
https://i.imgur.com/FvYRZNQ.mp4

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 22, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAQQVGwzrj0

Yeah it's officially out now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looks wholesome :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

then Gandalf stops by unannounced, sleeps on your couch for a loving fortnight, and smokes up all your hobbit weed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

then Gandalf stops by unannounced, sleeps on your couch for a loving fortnight, and smokes up all your hobbit weed

I hope this is a thing that can happen. Gandalf, or a group of dwarfs show up unannounced and might use up all of your food and resources. And you as the player can only sit there and watch as they party for multiple days, and then disappear.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That always happens, and then you get recruited into an adventure. Surprise, it's an ARPG

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was watching the show "blue lights" and there was a shot of a kid pressing buttons on a generic third party controller and then this

do you need permission to show real games/consoles?? I never really thought about it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Second Breakfast buff now only lasts all the way till elevensies as intended.

Fixed a bug where Saruman had hobbit feet in some event cutscenes.

Wormtongues thirst meter is fixed and can no longer be killed by gifting barrels of beer.

Fixed a bug where Bilbo's Ring equips itself and becomes impossible to find.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

I hope this is a thing that can happen. Gandalf, or a group of dwarfs show up unannounced and might use up all of your food and resources. And you as the player can only sit there and watch as they party for multiple days, and then disappear.

Task: plan for Bilbo's 111th birthday party :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The orcs come to the Shire, but they come to blast heavy metal and drink, they trash the Shire with too much partying, and then leave. You have to clean it all up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Wormtongues thirst meter is fixed and can no longer be killed by gifting barrels of beer.

The ol' Fallout trick

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I was watching the show "blue lights" and there was a shot of a kid pressing buttons on a generic third party controller and then this

do you need permission to show real games/consoles?? I never really thought about it

I don't know if it's a permission thing, but it's probably just a lot easier to use generic assets rather than show something real and risk showing someone else's product in a bad light. Especially the BBC who needs to declare any potential product placement stuff.

It's always very weird, but also a pleasant surprise when games are shown properly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I think generally, yeah. The physical designs of consoles and controllers are held under copyright, I believe. Additionally, console and game makers may not approve of how the product is shown, the context of how it's shown, or even the work in which it's shown.

This is also generally why if you can see a car maker's logo on a car in like a TV show, they're probably being paid for product placement.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

The orcs come to the Shire, but they come to blast heavy metal and drink, they trash the Shire with too much partying, and then leave. You have to clean it all up.

The game practically writes itself but you just know this dev is going to gently caress it up anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

The Touring of the Shire

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

The game practically writes itself but you just know this dev is going to gently caress it up anyway.

I really want this game to be good, I love anything Middle-Earth related (except you Gollum), but realistically I am not expecting this to be a good game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
physical designs being copyrightable so you can't even photograph poo poo you own (or say, public buildings visible from the street) is extremely fail

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I said come in! posted:

they also paint all the carts and horses red

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

orcs are just boring goblins

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

remembering on Breaking Bad when Jesse played Rage... except he was using a light gun????

Edit: wait what.... apparently they commissioned it from id and it wasn't just some "we don't know how games work" deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpCoTN0hxw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If this game is good, it could be my forever chill game. I love watching just the beginning of The fellowship of the Ring because I enjoy the Shire so much.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I recently saw an episode of Dr House....from season 2 I believe, and he is shown clearly to be playing a Metroid game on a GBA, but it's making these Atari Beeb-boop sounds, they show Samus turning into the morph ball, then House exclaims that "he lost".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

3 body problem has a character playing mortal kombat 1 (2023) but with everything but the character models scrubbed out of frame and the name never mentioned. i'm not sure if something like that would fall under fair use or not