Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Broadly speaking I agree Mihoyo loves drawing their lesbian couples. As for who it's for, within the cultural context of China I'm not so sure as butch x femme is the norm while femme x femme (or the much rarer butch x butch) is quite the outlier. Now I can't say I can ring up every lesbian couple in China to poll them on their fictional depiction preferences but in the end you kinda just gotta take what you can get.

I mean I don't know about China's lesbian scene, but I'm a femme lesbian who likes femme lesbians so :shrug: I do really like Siobahn and hope she becomes playable but she's like the most butch I care for. Now if they introduce a muscular lady who still has long hair, then we'll know they're pandering directly to me. Like Dehya but with muscles. ...and a good kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i think the next lady should be 20 feet tall

cabbagepots rereg spotted

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, you can read it as romantic if you like, but even if you don't Firefly is also, like, your BFF. That said, I agree the whole thing is sort of rushed to get to that point right before her "death" in the same patch, but personally that comes across as more comical than insulting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my experience with china's lesbian scene in relation to gacha is that there's services where you can go on a fake date with a masc lady crossdressing as male genshin/star rail characters, and recently those services have added arlecchino as a cosplay option.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Both Acheron and Firefly are my best friends because they told me so when I first met them and I trust everyone unconditionally. Especially Aventurine.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Both Acheron and Firefly are my best friends because they told me so when I first met them and I trust everyone unconditionally. Especially Aventurine.
Same but also Sparkle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of people i trust:
acheron
firefly
gallagher
robin
sunday
sparkle
black swan
ratio
aventurine
misha
clockie
the watchmaker
jade

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

my experience with china's lesbian scene in relation to gacha is that there's services where you can go on a fake date with a masc lady crossdressing as male genshin/star rail characters, and recently those services have added arlecchino as a cosplay option.

this is cool and good now bring on the siobhan option

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

list of people i trust:
acheron
firefly
gallagher
robin
sunday
sparkle
black swan
ratio
aventurine
misha
clockie
the watchmaker
jade

Missing our good friend who is completely trustworthy, Sampo. :colbert:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Yeah, you can read it as romantic if you like, but even if you don't Firefly is also, like, your BFF. That said, I agree the whole thing is sort of rushed to get to that point right before her "death" in the same patch, but personally that comes across as more comical than insulting.

Yeah I kind of wish you spent like 2 patches with her first.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Clarste posted:

All of the Penacony cast are trustworthy. It's Himeko I don't trust, she's Polka Kakamond in disguise I swear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I kind of wish you spent like 2 patches with her first.
i assume they really wanted the aventurine backstory thing and they could only slip it in in this patch (since its the patch hes coming out in) so firefly's story had to sort of be split into intro/'death', Shock Reveal, and then explaining her whole deal rather than elongated.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Although as previously noted, we will get the entirety of 2.2 to explore Firefly's deal before she's playable in 2.3.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i think the next lady should be 20 feet tall

Can she be a robot? At this point, I'll take anything.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaP8tN6QNrc

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Bad Video Games posted:

Can she be a robot? At this point, I'll take anything.

a giant robot woman you say?? i'm listening

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Aventurine is the perfect man...Don't think they can top him...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lazy_Liberal posted:

a giant robot woman you say?? i'm listening

Give me playable Tizocic III. Make it happen.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Aventurine is the perfect man...Don't think they can top him...

That's reserved for Ratio

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Just lol at someone saying "goddamnit, of course I can't have anything good in a mainstream game" in reference to not having enough standard male self insert power fantasy character designs. Go play......any other mainstream game??

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

He's cute too but Aventurine's expression when he ults + his JP VA are peak.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Guys running into character design that doesn't appeal 100% to men for the first time: wha-what wtf this is sexist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want a giant woman simply play fate/grand order and roll kingprotea, who is approximately 30 meters tall

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Aventurine is definitely the brat to Ratio’s tsundere.

Hoyo confirmed it here. It’s canon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMuR2Mrwt0

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

now I like Chacha but drat she's a pretty awful berserker

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Endorph posted:

5* arlan in a powersuit: remember me?

Oh yeah youre peppy's friend right? Andrew?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

now I like Chacha but drat she's a pretty awful berserker

she had like am inute of use in hand farming before bunyan came out and completely destroyed her

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Xun posted:

Just lol at someone saying "goddamnit, of course I can't have anything good in a mainstream game" in reference to not having enough standard male self insert power fantasy character designs. Go play......any other mainstream game??

In context I'm pretty sure that was in the sense of being attracted to male characters and not self-inserting as them.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Endorph posted:

if you want a giant woman simply play fate/grand order and roll kingprotea, who is approximately 30 meters tall

i love a giant who just sits there yes!!!!!!!!!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Xun posted:

I'm talking about gacha games specifically where yeah, the muscular male designs are a rarity, and more often than not those characters are released as filler/free units. FEH for example did the "rugged male characters who aren't the game protagonists get crappy weapons" thing a lot before I quit, and I think it's still doing that right now. Then I know Itto was crappy in Genshin and Wriothesley was the first actually good muscular male character they got after like, 3 years? Sometimes there will be a couple of actually good ones like Mountain in Arknights but I've never felt like I have an abundance of those. I think it's pretty fair to say :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm talking about gacha games specifically where yeah, the muscular male designs are a rarity, and more often than not those characters are released as filler/free units. FEH for example did the "rugged male characters who aren't the game protagonists get crappy weapons" thing a lot before I quit, and I think it's still doing that right now. Then I know Itto was crappy in Genshin and Wriothesley was the first actually good muscular male character they got after like, 3 years? Sometimes there will be a couple of actually good ones like Mountain in Arknights but I've never felt like I have an abundance of those. I think it's pretty fair to say :shrug:
theres some bara themed gacha games but a lot of them are either furry or not very good

theres some buff dudes in touken ranbu tho

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

theres some bara themed gacha games but a lot of them are either furry or not very good

theres some buff dudes in touken ranbu tho

Yeah I'm playing one of those but it's definitely like, not particularly good. And it's not even translated to English.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Sometimes there will be a couple of actually good ones like Mountain in Arknights but I've never felt like I have an abundance of those. I think it's pretty fair to say :shrug:

I pulled Hoederer literally just now, out of spite.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 23, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game needs a hellagur style cool old man imo

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

this game needs a hellagur style cool old man imo
Sorry guv, that's more than my job's worth. Welt's the best I can do for ya.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Itto was always fine, his problem is just that he requires a lot of investment into mono geo units, who are only good in mono geo. Most people aren't doing to do that so he comes off as bad. Also mono geo can be stonewalled by certain elemental shields.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm a simple man. I want gremlins and comedic characters. And robots. You can't have space adventures without robots. Svarog doesn't count.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Itto... who?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Endorph posted:

holy loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

lol