Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

chaos reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

God dammit Sammy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nuanced discussion to come

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the leafs caring more about pushing marchand around than they do about playing defense is so funny

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Holy gently caress these refs are garbage

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Oh no. Ohhh nooooooo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wtf even is this

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What the gently caress was that horseshit?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I mean that’s a terrible goal, doesn’t matter what else is going on

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Why are you getting into it with one of the most well known rats in NHL history? That's just a dumb play, trip or not

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

horse hockey, i say!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
its crazy how much better Swayman is than Ullmark too - which is also crazy to say about a guy who just won the Vezina. I think the Bruins will keep the rotation going for a bit but this is clearly gonna be Swayman's team very soon.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Makeup call time I guess

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bruins hockey is back

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs need to get to intermission without giving anything up on Samsonov, he looks rattled as gently caress

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Makeup call time I guess

yeah they owe boston a few at this point

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
People talk about Marchand's incredibly punchable face but man McAvoy looks so goddamn stupid too.

Goddammit embarrassing PP already.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jesus Christ

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Half expecting someone to get hit with a folding chair soon.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Whole team just falls apart

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I’m sad the period is about done because it started to get interesting

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I get you can’t fire Keefe in the playoffs but can we compromise and turf Boucher

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Bertuzzi looks like Caleb Landry Jones.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Tavares getting effortlessly shouldered off the backcheck by Coyle was sad.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just wanna say, a random shot off the boards on a routine entry is exactly the goal Leafs goalies give up every year and no goalie they’ve ever faced does. It’s so frustrating to only ever see that happen one way

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Tavares getting effortlessly shouldered off the backcheck by Coyle was sad.

Only tangentially related to what you said, but Coyle is a very good player, and he deserves more respect IMO. Do you want him to be your #1C? Probably not. But he's good!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Only tangentially related to what you said, but Coyle is a very good player, and he deserves more respect IMO. Do you want him to be your #1C? Probably not. But he's good!

Yeah he went from being kind of a disappointment as the centrepiece of the Burns trade into a really good two-way guy, sorta Danault-like

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He’s so much better than people think, probably because he can’t actually score. He’s incredibly good at stickhandling and skating though.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I just wanna say, a random shot off the boards on a routine entry is exactly the goal Leafs goalies give up every year and no goalie they’ve ever faced does. It’s so frustrating to only ever see that happen one way

Vasilevski was garbage last year though.

Simplex posted:

Why are you getting into it with one of the most well known rats in NHL history? That's just a dumb play, trip or not

Bertuzzi was trying to skate out the zone to I dunno play hockey or aomething, he didn't hook himself from behind.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

He’s so much better than people think, probably because he can’t actually score. He’s incredibly good at stickhandling and skating though.

I mean yeah he doesnt score that much, but he still had 25 goals and 60 points this year. Career highs and because he got to be top 6 all year of course, but he'd been a 15 goal/40-45ish point guy on the third line for years

Again, not a real #1 center, but I'm kinda surprised it took so long for him to get a real shot in Bostons top 6. Even considering they had Bergeron and Krejci for a lot of the time he's been here.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Vasilevski was garbage last year though.

Vasi was victimized by random seeing-eye point shots through traffic and I’m not sure how much of that was him and how much was variance tbh

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
if you just ignore marchand you keep getting slashed or he scores, so it's actually more the ref to call when he's being egregious

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
they keep saying there's like 100 hits in this game and there's no way that's true. Like, I'm watching the game and it's definitely physical, but there's no way we're at 100 hits.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
PS: Jakey stays hot

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just awful

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Again, Samsonov catches that and nothing happens but he drops in right in front with nobody around

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Leafs I'm going to make a strategy suggestion that you don't abandon the entire front of your net for the sake of a board battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Boston gets to play prevent defense all period and the Leafs historically are not great at breaking through