Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it would be cool to see how good caleb and rome would be if they were drafted by professional football teams and not the bears. RIP their careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Where’s that meme of squidward looking out the window watching SpongeBob, Patrick, and sandy playing outside?

Cuz the Vikings are squidward and the rest of the NFCN are having fun

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Bears should be pretty thrilled about their draft. Williams was the obvious pick at #1 and Odunze is cool. Yeah, they would benefit from trench help but you can't do everything with one pick.

Meanwhile: I'm a Michigan fan so I'm not actively rooting for McCarthy's downfall, but at no point over the past couple of years did I feel that McCarthy was even a top-three reason while we were winning games. Good luck?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just ordered a williams jersey. :cool:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Gotta say. Pretty dang happy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Almost shocked they made the right call

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

JJ is the guy I didn't want but once Atlanta decided that Minnesota should not have QBs he was the only real choice.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Skepticism about McCarthy aside, at least you guys didn't draft Bo loving Nix at #12 lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

surf rock posted:

Bears should be pretty thrilled about their draft. Williams was the obvious pick at #1 and Odunze is cool. Yeah, they would benefit from trench help but you can't do everything with one pick.

Meanwhile: I'm a Michigan fan so I'm not actively rooting for McCarthy's downfall, but at no point over the past couple of years did I feel that McCarthy was even a top-three reason while we were winning games. Good luck?

mccarthy is a weird spiritual weirdo. the terrifying possibility that he becomes another thomas brady remains. the downside to Michigan popping off, every time

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah. It was jump on JJ or live with Nix.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

surf rock posted:

they are the bears, it doesn't matter

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

and in fairness McCarthy is basically another Cousins, so

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Radia posted:

and in fairness McCarthy is basically another Cousins, so

But doesn't cost $45M/yr

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Having a bunch of QBs going early just means more value dropping down to 25 for the Packers.

:D

Still can't believe what the Falcons did.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jefferson is so gone lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I didn't want JJM in Minnesota as a Bears fan. I can't believe how happy I am right now.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Caleb Williams is gonna set the rookie passing record. 4500 yards and 40 TDs. It's gonna rule I'm so loving hyped

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

caleb williams looks like the surest bet at quarterback in years-- ruining him will be the bears' greatest achievement as a franchise

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol they Glennoned Kirk
https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1783674486966952055

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

on the offchance i end up being right about how caleb williams does on the bears, i am going to be so loving smug. 2024 the year of radia toxicity

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: :owned:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Doesn't Kirk have a fully guaranteed contract

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hot Diggity! posted:

Doesn't Kirk have a fully guaranteed contract

That's what made it so funny

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It’s not they could cut him after two years and easily after three.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kloaked00 posted:

I completely believe that JJ is such a weenie that he didn't travel the literal 32min to be at the draft live. Downtown is probably too "urban" for him

This is what you're getting Minnesota

To be fair, being at the draft seems real boring. Much more fun chilling at homes with friends & family

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lol just remembered that ryan pace, noted trubisky drafter, is in atlanta

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hand Row posted:

It’s not they could cut him after two years and easily after three.

Lucky they drafted a young guy to learn from him and take the reins at 27

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Congrats Bears, looks like this will be a nice *checks notes* three way race for the division for the next few years.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Jen X posted:

lol just remembered that ryan pace, noted trubisky drafter, is in atlanta

Lol, it all makes sense now

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Dunno about the trade up but Turner's good, Vikes did solid (probably, maybe)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Eh, if Turner was who they wanted, it’s not a huge cost. They need edge badly.

Edit: Wait that was a huge cost

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 26, 2024

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bears are so back

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Combined, the Minnesota Vikings have traded:

- 2024 second (for pick 23, which became 17)
- 2024 fourth (for pick 10)
- 2024 fifth x2 (for pick 10 + pick 17)
- 2024 sixth (for pick 23, which became 17)
- 2025 second (for pick 23, which became 17)
- 2025 third (for pick 17)
- 2025 fourth (for pick 17)

in exchange for upgrading their first-rounder and acquiring another first-rounder, which turned into:

- JJ McCarthy
- Dallas Turner
- 2024 sixth
- 2024 seventh

As always with a quarterback: if McCarthy works out, it doesn't matter. If he doesn't, this is terrible even if Turner is great. Who knows!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait is rome going to wear #1?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

What are the Vikings doing??

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

What are the Vikings doing??

selecting players in the 2024 nfl draft

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

selecting players in the 2024 nfl draft

Hm this is true...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SadeekNextWave/status/1783682514856341882

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vikings have three picks next year at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm kind of gagging about the number of picks that the Vikings have traded, but I also wouldn't complain if the Packers bundled like four picks together to move either #41 or #58 up into the end of the first round.