Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
looking forward to 5-10 more years of this joke and a healthy oda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It's out!

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7722/one-piece-chapter-1113

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh

huh!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dr. Vegapunk is dead! Dr Vegapunk is alive!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Seems like a fairly straightforward statement by Vegapunk considering the elders are periodically nuking giant islands off the face of the earth

e: Guess this explains the purpose of Noah too

rko
Jul 12, 2017
guess we know what that big boat by fishman island is for now huh

e: lol already beaten, what a good chapter

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

and the Aqua Laguna too...... ODA'S PLAN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:bignews:'s reaction being,"Is he trying to kill Print Media!?!" :lol:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Climate Change is Real says man being murdered by the government.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Planet's dying, Nika

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I can't believe Franky is a loving ship.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Star Platinum posted:

That was the best :sickos:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Star Platinum posted:

I fully expect Frank to do a Headmaster merge with the Thousand Sunny at some point and we'll get a Dai Gunzan mecha battle

Franky Centaur Mk2

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
The "weakling quartet" unhesitatingly rushing to protect Robin directly from the cosmic horrors who most want her dead :letsgo:

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
It was debateable before, but the five elders are clearly having a telepathic conversation, right? There's no way they're actually saying any of that out loud.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Star Platinum posted:

The "weakling quartet" unhesitatingly rushing to protect Robin directly from the cosmic horrors who most want her dead :letsgo:
Years of powerscaling community research in shambles as Tony Tony Chopper blocks a gorosei's poison hoof simply because he wants to protect his friend

Inadequately posted:

It was debateable before, but the five elders are clearly having a telepathic conversation, right? There's no way they're actually saying any of that out loud.
Saturn was talking to the others while they were in Mariejois and the bubbles were decorated with the "thought lines" so yeah it's pretty unambiguous IMO

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

Years of powerscaling community research in shambles as Tony Tony Chopper blocks a gorosei's poison hoof simply because he wants to protect his friend

I can believe it, you ever touch alpaca fur? It's completely impenetrable, if we imagine Chopper's fur is similar in that form and you get a giant ball of the stuff then God himself couldn't get through it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the power of friendship chads stay winning

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
A giant brain in a tank would have been far less gruesome than the sawn off top of his head. He didn't even shave that mass of a noggin'. He just let the hair float in there. So gross.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

climate change is a serious issue

take that, old people

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Yesss more evidence Impel Down was on dry land when it was originally built!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
huh, I guess this explains why the Celestial Dragons largely live up on top of a giant mountain. It explains a lot in general about the world of One Piece, and probably ties in neatly with the old world left behind. Also very, very interested in what phenomena is occurring to make the world loving flood.

Also drat, Nusjuro biting the hell out of Sanji with his undead horse face while his torso was still on fire was pretty cool. Since Sanji was able to hurt him at all and he’s freezing people I guess they work on Logia rules.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gangster gastino crying over the death of his sensei :(

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Last Celebration posted:

very, very interested in what phenomena is occurring to make the world loving flood.

It's a giant cartoon faucet at the bottom of the ocean. The original Nika created it as a prank thousands of years ago. When Joyboy & friends tried to turn it off 800 years ago, the handle was accidentally broken. The One Piece is a replacement.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Last Celebration posted:

huh, I guess this explains why the Celestial Dragons largely live up on top of a giant mountain. It explains a lot in general about the world of One Piece, and probably ties in neatly with the old world left behind. Also very, very interested in what phenomena is occurring to make the world loving flood.

Also drat, Nusjuro biting the hell out of Sanji with his undead horse face while his torso was still on fire was pretty cool. Since Sanji was able to hurt him at all and he’s freezing people I guess they work on Logia rules.

Something that's really bizarre about it, though, is that the horse form seems to suddenly explode out of Nusjuro's chest. That's... definitely not how Zoans function, even when switching rapidly between human/animal/hybrid forms like Kaidou was doing. Nusjuro's human body seemed to basically melt or catch on fire while the horse head popped out, almost like the human form is a mask for his real demon self that gets torn off when the real form pops out.

Is it possible that the Five Elders are biologically linked together with Imu acting as the master of their collective hive mind given their seeming telepathy? They are very definitely acting like aliens or lizard people. Not natural. I think Sanji was more right than we realized when he said that they're just letting their true forms come out.

Regardless, that panel of Sanji kicking Nusjuro was cool as hell. Looking forward to seeing more revelations two weeks from now! :munch:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 26, 2024

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is it possible that the Five Elders are biologically linked together with Imu acting as the master of their collective hive mind given their seeming telepathy? They are very definitely acting like aliens or lizard people. Not natural. I think Sanji was more right when we realized when he said that they're just letting their true forms come out.

Yeah I'm increasingly confident they're not human. They (and possibly Imu) are probably the only Celestial Dragons who legitimately aren't. This doesn't feel like a hive mind thing though, just 'normal' telepathy. They're still behaving like individuals when interacting with each other.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
This chapter is clearly foreshadowing with the psychic snails and the psychic dudes. Just like Mars bust open a big snail to show another snail beneath it, Luffy will hit the Gorosei hard enough to break their disguises and reveal them to have been snails all along.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

jassa posted:

Yeah I'm increasingly confident they're not human. They (and possibly Imu) are probably the only Celestial Dragons who legitimately aren't. This doesn't feel like a hive mind thing though, just 'normal' telepathy. They're still behaving like individuals when interacting with each other.

in retrospect it would be a novel twist if they were all originally horrible yokai/cryptid monsters who ate various Human Human fruits.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Throwing this out there before someone else guesses it: the real Transponder Snail is hidden inside of the Iron Giant. This is the only place on Egghead where we know Stella has been to that nobody else has. And what better place to protect something like that from the world government than something that was able to take them on directly 200 years ago

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

The sea levels rose when Imu destroyed Lulusia, but iirc Vegapunk only recently created the Mother Flame that they used to do that and all evidence seems to indicate that this is something thats been happening for a long time.

It feels like too much of a coincidence for it to be unrelated though, perhaps the Mother Flame only allowed them to speed up the process of destroying landmasses to rise the sea levels.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there was talk back when Imu first appeared about the time for another great flood or words to that effect

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Nephthys posted:

The sea levels rose when Imu destroyed Lulusia, but iirc Vegapunk only recently created the Mother Flame that they used to do that and all evidence seems to indicate that this is something thats been happening for a long time.

It’s been established that Vegapunk’s biggest creations are all rediscovered/repurposed VC tech. My assumption is that Mother Flame was the enforcer/enabler weapon of Void Century and caused sea levels to progressively rise/destabilise for centuries to come. The “sea levels rose” line after Lulusia feels like a pointed link to the statement at the end of this chapter.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nephthys posted:

It feels like too much of a coincidence for it to be unrelated though, perhaps the Mother Flame only allowed them to speed up the process of destroying landmasses to rise the sea levels.

I can believe that the world’s water levels rising is something that’s always been happening, but part of me wonders if the Void Century was a war where the proto-Flame was used to subjugate everyone and the mass genocide was what started the flooding to begin with.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is it possible that the Five Elders are biologically linked together with Imu acting as the master of their collective hive mind given their seeming telepathy? They are very definitely acting like aliens or lizard people. Not natural. I think Sanji was more right than we realized when he said that they're just letting their true forms come out.

I had my own theory that Imu and the Five Elders were connected more closely than we think. Now I'm wondering if they behave like satellites of Imu almost like how Vegapunk and his satellites behave. Rough copies of the original that have their own personality and also embody a specific aspect of the original.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Vega Punk mentions committing 2 grave sins. Presumably one of them is what he did to Kuma. Given where the conversation is going I guess the Mother Flame is the other and we’ll get a bit more info on that.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So the world of One Piece is already a post-apocalyptic world, Windwaker style. And nothing has been done to stop it, so the world is still ending.

Perhaps Luffy's dream is to drain the ocean so everyone can live together on One Piece of land.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
So, Sanji drew blood on one of the Elders with a basic attack here, whereas Luffy was pretty much unable to do anything outside of Gear 5. Does this mean Sanji is stronger than basic Luffy now?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also holy poo poo the spider demon guy scrambling after Robin with his eyes bugging out was legitimately terrifying. :stare: Never forget that Oda has the potential to draw some morbid/freaky poo poo in this manga.

mabels big day posted:

Throwing this out there before someone else guesses it: the real Transponder Snail is hidden inside of the Iron Giant. This is the only place on Egghead where we know Stella has been to that nobody else has. And what better place to protect something like that from the world government than something that was able to take them on directly 200 years ago

:aaaaa:

This makes a lot of sense since when we first saw him he was phasing halfway into the Giant and needed Luffy's help to be pulled out. Maybe he was planting the special snail there before everything went to poo poo?

e: Also also During Vegapunk's confession, he makes a reference to "him" and says he can't speak on if they are good or evil. I'm pretty sure this is referring to Imu and indicates that Vegapunk is aware of his existence.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 26, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That chapter :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Tolth posted:

So, Sanji drew blood on one of the Elders with a basic attack here, whereas Luffy was pretty much unable to do anything outside of Gear 5. Does this mean Sanji is stronger than basic Luffy now?

It means Nusjuro is the Sanji of the Five Elders, i.e. #4 :smug: