Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I was totin' my pack along the dusty Dor to Acco road
When along came a caravan with linen covered load
"If you're visiting the lake, then with me you can ride"
And so I climbed into the cart and then I settled down inside
He asked me if I'd like to share the news of demonkind,
And I said, "Listen, I've asked every thought inside of this here mind"

I've asked everything, man
I've asked everything, man
Checked off the list of thoughts, man
I've questioned Melachim, man
Tried to interview El, man
I've asked everything...

Take it away, wrongvoters. What's our next verse?

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Did Master's friends have wings as well? Did Labaras?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Do you have any secret testicle cleaning techniques you could teach Snarls?

Snarls chill out your testicles are very clean but there's always more to learn.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

So why I found it interesting he calls El ‘The Maker’ is because…

A) Either Els primary alternate title possibly changed at some point. (Very possible)

B) It’s a subtle sign that El didn’t always refer to who we know as El. ‘El’ can (if I’m recalling my prior research right) be translated more a general world for ‘spirit’ instead of just as a name of one primary God. Hence the confusion with Amok, etc (again iirc). So the dog’s El might not be our El, and using Maker might be a small sign of that.

Or not, I’m just making small side notes that could amount to nothing.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 26, 2024

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I assumed it's like how Snarls doesn't call anyone by their name either, or referred to El as "First Smeller". Dogs just aren't about that proper name life.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I assumed it's like how Snarls doesn't call anyone by their name either, or referred to El as "First Smeller". Dogs just aren't about that proper name life.

Pretty sure it's just this.
There's no standardized doggy naming convention, and whatever dogname they give something is obviously based off of their own personal contexts and what they've been told about a person/place/thing.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Zodiac5000 posted:

Possibly. But in that case I’d expect a more doggy name like ‘Greatest Good Smeller’ or whatever.

Could be nothing; like I said I’m just jotting side notes. But I do think given the grammatical issues surrounding the word El, and Amok’s confusion supporting the theory some of those same grammar issues may exist in this world, that we shouldnt necessarily assume sufficiently ancient beings are talking about our El when they say ‘El.’ The might just mean the spirit or spirits in a less namey sense.

Like I said, side notes, not really important—only possibly relevant here—but interesting to me as a possibility.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
We should really just figure out a way to take this dog out for walks and play time occasionally. What a sad, bored good boy. We should make him part of the pack.

If we're going to watch democracy die (overdramatic, don't take seriously) we might as well make a fictional dog happier instead of letting Biblical Bark play out.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 26, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We will get to other questions later tonight, I suppose this is not necessarily a formal vote yet, but could people weigh in on what they want to do next? Is there anything you want to do here or to do with the Very Large Dog? Or are you ready to go home?

Oh and no one asked, but after having seen it move a little bit and spending some time with it and probably after asking Snarls at some point you realize that the dog is in fact female.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I do think its pretty clear that El the entity went by other names, Amok all but confirmed it when he pointed out its not even a name, it's literally just the word for god. El is an affectation this being took later (presumably because its more fancy for everyone to just call you god and not your name?). I have noticed that time and time again its been shown that when Ur-aligned beings talk about a vague but substantially more powerful entity who is their patron, it's El. The Maker, The Eternal One, One who is perfect in his wisdom, etc., are El. It's not evidence of a myriad of beings when there is evidence of those myriad of beings all over Ur, and they all pretty much sync up on serving El if they want to play ball.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Diogines posted:

We will get to other questions later tonight, I suppose this is not necessarily a formal vote yet, but could people weigh in on what they want to do next? Is there anything you want to do here or to do with the Very Large Dog? Or are you ready to go home?

Oh and no one asked, but after having seen it move a little bit and spending some time with it and probably after asking Snarls at some point you realize that the dog is in fact female.

SNARLS BIG GIRLFRIEND SNARLS BIG GIRLFRIEND

he wasnt jealous... he was hearstruck!!

Da_Boyz
Jul 4, 2021

Diogines posted:

"NO!!!!!!!!!!! Do not touch! From Master!!!!"

They actually bare their teeth at you! Their VERY BIG teeth!

Seems like another soft spot?

Would Snarls sniffing it from a distance be alright?

I mean I trust our boy's nose over our senses in a lot of regards, even if it might be a bit difficult for him to communicate exact properties.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

I do think its pretty clear that El the entity went by other names, Amok all but confirmed it when he pointed out its not even a name, it's literally just the word for god. El is an affectation this being took later (presumably because its more fancy for everyone to just call you god and not your name?). I have noticed that time and time again its been shown that when Ur-aligned beings talk about a vague but substantially more powerful entity who is their patron, it's El. The Maker, The Eternal One, One who is perfect in his wisdom, etc., are El. It's not evidence of a myriad of beings when there is evidence of those myriad of beings all over Ur, and they all pretty much sync up on serving El if they want to play ball.

Amok's reaction seems to point to either the creator leaving and coming back, or the creator leaving and El/Trickster/MelachimBlueStuffCollective taking their place. I haven't read it in a while, but at the time my impression was that Amos was a younger nephilim than Amok, but another explanation could just be that Amos was awake while Amok slept so there was no discontinuity there.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Diogines posted:

Diogines posted:

"I am Good Boy."

Huh.

I wonder if the Big Dog actually has a name but just doesn't think of itself by that name.

Is there something your Master tended to call you by? Other than Good Boy?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Tsyni posted:

Amok's reaction seems to point to either the creator leaving and coming back, or the creator leaving and El/Trickster/MelachimBlueStuffCollective taking their place. I haven't read it in a while, but at the time my impression was that Amos was a younger nephilim than Amok, but another explanation could just be that Amos was awake while Amok slept so there was no discontinuity there.

Yeah, I assume that Amok was out cold during the time folks like Amos or Damat or Smythos were doing all the Ur-building work. I basically assume Amok is the oldest or very close to the oldest person we've ever met. Amos is like two gens after Amok. With Smythos and Faramu being either the same generation or one later from Amok, then folks like Amos coming after that.

I also assume the creator tagged out, like Amok said. I think he called him an uncaring creator?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Diogines posted:

We will get to other questions later tonight, I suppose this is not necessarily a formal vote yet, but could people weigh in on what they want to do next?

Let's have a little chat with Zabdi on the way out. There's a point of unfinished business to clear up.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

Huh.

I wonder if the Big Dog actually has a name but just doesn't think of itself by that name.

Probably a quirk of our auto-translate function, but I imagine he’s saying the name hjs master named him: Yeledtov, which literally means Good Boy it turns out

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

+1 to an opportunity for more Zabdi chat on the way out

Wanna tell him that Good Boy said they really enjoy when you go down to sing and play with him, but said you don’t do it as often as you used to :-(

aaaand he actually wasn’t expecting us tho so what was up with that

tbf I’ve actually got no real beef with city anymore thanks to Good Boy, would be happy to bang out some further agreements/contracts on the way out

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The dog is female. Snarls is male. Time to annul our marriage and get these two hitched.

marry the two of them and take the kingdom

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The steward is neglecting his dog. There are crimes, and then there are Crimes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Eat the dog and the soup the melachim makes and the soup melachim

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Arkanomen posted:

The dog is female. Snarls is male. Time to annul our marriage and get these two hitched.

royal marriage royAL MARRIAGE ROYAL MARRIAGE

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Diogines posted:

I'm pretty sure I asked.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Arkanomen posted:

I'm sure we make up some laws about open relationships.

Marry our dog to the other dog and let's get some giant rear end dog-philim going.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Do we want to inflict a Smattas apocalypse dream on Snarls?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Do we want to inflict a Smattas apocalypse dream on Snarls?

It's okay, his rizz is so low that he's had to groom one line of dogs for over a hundred years. Hell, he's already pouting now and hasn't said a word to her, he's fumbling hard

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Diogines posted:

On the way out can we please casually mention to the steward that

(1) oh we've changed our mind we're taking all the slaves and we're not going to pay them, because
(2) these guys are exactly what our Armanumiam advisor said they are, a bunch of barbarous donut slaver murderers who, having invited us here as a guest, were in the process of betraying us to steal our family member from us and only changed their mind at the last second when they found out we had magic powers, and
(3) because it would be insane to suddenly be happy to play nice and make deals with them because they happen to have a big dog :shepicide:

thank you xoxoxo

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Car Hater posted:

Have the epiphany that Snarls can equip mystical items, ask him what he thinks he would like to wear

Don't know? Cubs sometimes give hat, fun! But, cubs. Silly.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, do we have an embigenner or bnaimokt metal with is?
You had no obvious use for one so you did not bring an Embigener. All four of you have Blooded Bronze gear, there was no particular reason for any of you bring Bnaimokt metal?

Mr. Nemo posted:

Do you know Faramu or Fare? Amok or Amos?

"Do not remember? Many days... Amok, maybe?"

alpaca diseases posted:

Is anything you or your Master has from THE MAKER?, just so we don’t accidentally touch it

"Master has sword from THE MAKER and shield to fight for THE MAKER!"

alpaca diseases posted:

Have you ever been underground with Master?

"Yes. Monsters. Scary. But Master is strong so we win!"

alpaca diseases posted:

Do you know and/or have you met a ‘Lamech’?

"Yes."

After asking further it seems like he has met people NAMED after Lamech, but it does not seem like he has met THAT Lamech? Or os it seems. One of your Mighty Men is named Lamech and so is Esher's best friend. A LOT of people are named after Lamech.

alpaca diseases posted:

An ‘Amos’, who would also smell the-same-but-different-from-your-master?

Hurr?

They seem confused.

alpaca diseases posted:

I brought you this blanket I hope you like?

"Yes! It is very nice. Soft. Put here."

You do as they ask and roll it up into a pillow far too small for her enormous head, they rest their chin on it though.

alpaca diseases posted:

Would you like to visit my Den or my Pack to experience the new smells?
Through the magic of question time this won't actually count as a real proposal or have any effect past the question.

"No. Sleepy. Must stay here, protect The People and wait for Master."

alpaca diseases posted:

When did you smell your last bad-smeller?

"Many days."

alpaca diseases posted:

What makes The People The People, as opposed to simply a person?

"They are The People!"

Their tone seems to imply it is obvious? As you ask further, in various ways she just seems to repeat herself as if she can't explain it better or OBVIOUSLY you should understand?

alpaca diseases posted:

Would you like our packs to be allied?, so we may protect each others The People?

"Yes? Do not know. Ask Leader, or My Friend? My Friend is very smart! He will know if that is good.

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask the priest: So who actually summoned us if it wasn’t this boi?
I don't understand your question.

alpaca diseases posted:

Do you have any recipes for fish soup?

"Certainly, but first you want to start with a nice broth, you get some good, really fresh celery and..."

alpaca diseases posted:

Just for absolute clarity- you guys have whatever situation this is, with this clearly could-accidently-be-worshipped-in-the-place-of-El-being, under control? It’s not something I need to worry or care about?

"...and let it simmer to a boil for one half of one hour. Oh. Hmm. I am afraid I have nothing to say to that Enkidel."

Polgas posted:

Can we ask around on the origin of the city name if its not the name of the dog king.
It is almost definitely named after this dog? They said their king is Yeledtov, the city is also named Yeledtov and their founding myth says the dog built it.

Polgas posted:

Ask why the people moved to this spot to build another city? ie reason for moving and why this spot.
That you don't have a better answer to than what was posted earlier.

Polgas posted:

Any advise for snarls as an older dog?

"Yes. Don't let Master go away from you and be a good boy."

Polgas posted:

Check if they have the same super smell like snarls?
It seems like they have a pretty good sense of smell but it is tough to tell if it is as good as Snarls, which appears to be if not miraculous, then pretty drat close? Snarls' nose is probaby supernatural at this point.

Polgas posted:

Are the people you are protecting now people who followed your master back in the day or were they a people you saved in a heroic deed in a one off kind of deal?

"They are our people and also people we help and become The People."

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Do you have any special abilities or powers?

"Maybe? What is special?"

After asking about this further it seems like that is probably a "no" besides being very strong and tough?

What was your Masters hobbies, did he like to fight or build things, did he have a special technique?

"Master did many things! Fight and build and grow and sing and dance and make food and drink and... and... Master knows ALL of the things!"

Could you teach us how to hunt?

"You do not know how to hunt?"

They sound confused, or skeptical?

Nyaa posted:

Soup melachim, can you give me the snack recipe in the form of a soup recipe?

They frown at you slightly and stop giving you soup recipes. At least for now.

AJ_Impy posted:

Did Master's friends have wings as well? Did Labaras?

"Many days... not see Labaras? But Master has friends, some had wings, like birds. Very pretty! Very nice. Some help The People and some fight for THE MAKER! They are Very Good!"

Da_Boyz posted:

Would Snarls sniffing it from a distance be alright?

Cautiously they say... "Okay. But no touch!"

Snarls sniffs at it.

Strange. Not just shiny.

He does not know?

Theglavwen posted:

"Master call me many things, but my name is Good Boy."

alpaca diseases posted:

+1 to an opportunity for more Zabdi chat on the way out
Wanna tell him that Good Boy said they really enjoy when you go down to sing and play with him, but said you don’t do it as often as you used to :-(
That was a typo we fixed yesterday. The "Leader" was the one who does not come by as much as they... other Leaders, used to.

The steward, Zabdi.

[...]

[A number of people suggesting pairing them up]

Hey Jael, hypothetically, is it okay if Snarls and Good Boy get down to making some super dogs?

"Uh no, absolutely not. In that it will be allowed. And I don't mean just that you shouldn't try to make that happen, which you should not, I mean it literally will not be allowed. Steps have been taken to ensure Snarls does not create offspring, ones you should not try to undo. I mean if Snarls WANTED to have relations with them... that is okay? I mean that is between... you and them I guess, you or Snarls don't need like special permission or anything? But steps were taken to ensure that Snarls does not produce offspring and you are not to try to undo them, that is very high on the Absolutely Do Not Do That list, like uh, literally the NEXT thing on the list after you shouldn't have kids either."

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 27, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

1. What do you want to do next?
A. I am done here, back to Kavodel.

B. I want to do something else with Yeledtov. What? Fill in.

C. I want to do something else with the Melachim outside. What? Fill in.

D. I want to do something else with Zabdi, son of Kedar, the Steward of Yeledtov. What? Fill in.

E. I want to do something else in Yeledtov? What? Fill in.

F. I want to do something else? What? Fill in.

We will probably add more lettered options later tonight.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'm pretty sure I asked.
Did you? If you did I am sorry, I missed that somehow.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Why is your name Good Boy if you're a girl?

is she stupid?

E. Tell his rear end to visit the dog more

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Have we tried to mentally say hello to Wurukatte yet? if not can we do so now?

E) Explore the city using our senses a bit looking for old mystical things. if there is an ancient mystical dog here, there may be ancient mystical gear hidden somewhere.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
A

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suggest that Good Boy goes to meet the Orm

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Have we tried to mentally say hello to Wurukatte yet? if not can we do so now?
You have not but you don't know where they are. If people want to you can try?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Why is your name Good Boy if you're a girl?

"Because that is what Master said my name is."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

she's such a good boy

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Diqnol posted:

Suggest that Good Boy goes to meet the Orm

we should make a telepathic support group for Good Boys that have been abandoned by their master and just want them home

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Snarls, would you like to visit this place again in the future?

I want Snarls to become goodest friends with this ol' pupper since they're the same it appears in ways, and I'm certain they could become good friends. Also, it's always good to make friends with el-aligned beings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

DE

Just to let Zabdi know that Yetledtov didn’t seem to know we were coming? That’s a bit odd eh? but anyway

Otherwise he’s super cool, a good boy, and we’re hoping we can have another audience with him at his pleasure. He’s but a bit sad ‘The Leader’ doesn’t come by as often as they/previous leaders used to to sing to and play with them tho?

Commend Good Boys guards on the way out for their unwavering duty (try to sneak a Blooded lineage check in)

Offer a not-insignificant sacrifice at the cities Temple to El, for Yetledtov (dog)s health and happiness