Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if a player uncorked a niagara falls of diarrhea on to the ice mid-play, they'd have to stop the game and bring out the zambonis right? I'm talking like a "Clint Malarchuk fleeing the ice for his life" level of diarrhea coating the playing field. can't believe Auston Matthews was so selfish he would just sit a game out with the bubble guts smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
so about the thread title

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Swayman is so loving good.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nybble posted:

so about the thread title

Losing 4-1 in the first round hasn't happened in a while I don't think.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

lol Toronto

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Swayman is so loving good.

He is, but man the Leafs didn’t make him work at all in game 4

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
gently caress toronto forever and ever for all eternity qtiyd amen

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://x.com/jonassiegel/status/1784414811398230120?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

/Trades for Joel Edmundson

That'll solve their scoring woes!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

wtf lol. i was gonna ask when the last time they scored 4 was but the wording of the tweet obv answered that, when tf was that tho

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Seems pretty consistent to me, what more do you want?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Clearly what they need is 1973 Bernie Parent

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

heehee posted:

wtf lol. i was gonna ask when the last time they scored 4 was but the wording of the tweet obv answered that, when tf was that tho

Game 4 against Tampa last year

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m just visualizing Keefe losing his job, even if the Leafs somehow fluke out a few games against the Bruins there’s better teams lurking around the playoff picture and every single series for years now has just been miserable to watch, win or lose.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1784421147355869242

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What trophy goes to the team that tried the most?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hahaha what loving effort you clownass

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Keefe might actually be the worst current NHL coach holy poo poo. Im not even a Leafs fan and Id still love to see him fired.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you'll never see a handshake line as empowered and efforted as this year's

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

What trophy goes to the team that tried the most?

The Marcel Dion trophy for most respect in the handshake line.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

you'll never see a handshake line as empowered and efforted as this year's

I cannot believe “respect in the handshake line” wasn’t the final straw with him and I’ve had to see multiple years worth of quotes afterwards

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Keefe might actually be the worst current NHL coach holy poo poo. Im not even a Leafs fan and Id still love to see him fired.

It’s incredible, could prolly get any coach you want in a place like Toronto and they are sticking with respectful handshake guy

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Has a coach ever actually been fired in the playoffs? Given the new coach bounce does appear to be a legit thing - would it be in the playoffs where everyone is (usually giving 100%) who knows but might be worth a try.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VOTE1 posted:

Has a coach ever actually been fired in the playoffs? Given the new coach bounce does appear to be a legit thing - would it be in the playoffs where everyone is (usually giving 100%) who knows but might be worth a try.

Larry Robinson in New Jersey seems like the closest.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t think there’s any clearer evidence of “these guys are being coached flat-out wrong” than Kevin Bieksa, of all people, pointing out that in their 4v3 setup there’s literally nobody in position to get the puck if Tavares wins the draw, which is exactly what happened and lead to a clear. A lefty, on his strong side, and the only skater behind him is all the way to the right. Basic, basic poo poo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
what do you mean of all people lol bieksa is awesome and smart af

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just think it’s a bad look for an active head coach to be shown up strategically by a current TV broadcaster/former defenceman who played their last game before he even entered the league

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Rofl so much stuff I used today in my life wasn't even invented or around last time Leafs scored 4 goals in a playoff game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oiler's last 11 playoff games:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

heehee posted:

what do you mean of all people lol bieksa is awesome and smart af

Uhhh, okay.

Joink posted:

Rofl so much stuff I used today in my life wasn't even invented or around last time Leafs scored 4 goals in a playoff game.

... not even a year ago?

e: also, can't believe we're not talking about how Knies was on for a PK shift. Huge news.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 28, 2024

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Toronto should absolutely fire Keefe tonight if it’s allowed. He’s obviously gone if/when they lose this series, so they might as well do it now and hope for a new coach bump

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coach Auston Matthews.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Also uhhhhh wtf was going on here

https://x.com/adam_b888/status/1784348363833610510?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Rantanen and Georgiev are supposedly good friends going back to their 2014-2015 TPS Turku team days so he might be more willing to say some harsher words than with other teammates and Rantanen is intense to the point that when he made it into the league in 2016-2017 MacKinnon asked him to filter all gameplay ideas outside of practice through Landeskog.

This is from overtime in the March 16th game this year between the Avs and Oilers. Not sure what it was all about but to me it looks like Rantanen is saying "Shut the gently caress up, shut the gently caress up, I loving hear you, gently caress you" not "Shut the gently caress up, shut the gently caress up, I'll loving kill you, gently caress you"

edit: Also, I think Rantanen's only(???) fight was also a game misconduct because it turns out he tapes his hands under his gloves to make slashes hurt less and you can't fight with taped hands

fermun fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 28, 2024

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Eck's video tonight on the Leafs is spicy

https://youtu.be/-04Szs390HE?si=VdMzw-8gfDGtGlo2

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Can't wait to find out if Washington is the only team that gets swept out of the first round or if they manage to avoid that.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

sheldon keefe has an excellent haircut and should have been fired at least two years ago

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
No but you see Keefe got the current Leafs group their first series win last year against a declining Lightning team that narrowly avoided being swept out of the first round this season, clearly that merits a lifetime contract extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/s/zXpXxvQTsg

i mean, it’s Tony D, who doesn’t wanna punch Tony D. but I think Georgie likes to be a little confrontational with his teammates. he wouldn’t be the first goalie like that. Hank was notorious for screaming at his defensemen. but then again, he’s Hank and he was playing behind Staal/Girardi/Del Zotto/etc. It’s a bit different when you’re letting in 7 goals in a game 1 and you’re yelling at Mikko Rantanen