Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
inb4 Crossroads movie tweet is posted lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Saoshyant posted:

Is there even a Shrek movie that's four hours long?

They'd have to stretch out the credits somewhat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K4oym9Pw48

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

kazil posted:

it's actually puss in bio*

Lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there even a stated use case for 4 hour video uploads on Twitter that isn't pirated feature length movies played twice? Like, content creators who they presumably want on their platform are more than likely doing tight 10-15 minute videos they can host on YouTube and keep people watching the whole way through. I guess now Jordan Peterson can host a 4 hour diatribe on how woke is bad or something?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

gently caress yeah, 4 hour videos on X the everything app!

Yes, you can upload videos on X, the everything app

Wherever anybody will be able to play those videos on X, the everything app, is an another question entirely

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The only people making videos that long are people doing the 10 hour loop meme of a song or movie clip, or Chris Chan obsessives

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
He'll be begging active shooters to post their manifestos on X the town square at some point

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I dunno, goons routinely link to hours long youtube videos all the time

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ain't no one got any time for that

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

We walked by a parked CYBRTRUk. Of course it had "To the moon" stickers all over it.

"Where's it being towed?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

holtemon posted:

He'll be begging active shooters to post their manifestos on X the town square at some point

Legit the only thing that comes to mind is 'Oh, this must be for manifestos'.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

shyduck posted:

The only people making videos that long are people doing the 10 hour loop meme of a song or movie clip, or Chris Chan obsessives

4 hour video on efficiency and speed in beating a 20 year old video game in under 24 minutes

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Free speech enthusiast

Why Did Elon Musk Just Kick Nelson Mandela’s Grandson Off X?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

explosivo posted:

Is there even a stated use case for 4 hour video uploads on Twitter that isn't pirated feature length movies played twice? Like, content creators who they presumably want on their platform are more than likely doing tight 10-15 minute videos they can host on YouTube and keep people watching the whole way through. I guess now Jordan Peterson can host a 4 hour diatribe on how woke is bad or something?

I think you underestimate the number of middle aged white men with sunglasses making videos in their pickup trucks parked in their driveway.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

kazil posted:

I dunno, goons routinely link to hours long youtube videos all the time

Often times with zero description, or just a “no this refutes what you said, watch it”

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I struggle to watch a 20 min normal video ain't no way I'm spending four hours on X the White Power app video

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
4 hour Dana White powerslap supercut ft. Dana White

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is there even a way to do floating video or anything with the app, so you don't have to just leave it sitting open? Their mobile video interface sucks aside from that for anything longer than 15 seconds. I guess you could just leave a browser tab open on your desktop machine, but that feels kind of irrelevant since he wants everything to revolve around the app.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
neon green cybertruck = monster energy of cars

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

I wonder how much it costs to buy pizza for an entire apartment complex

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Dwesa posted:

*deposition of bodily fluids within the frame voids the warranty

so on the frame is fine?

efb : Also you users are forgetting the long video meta on youtube?,
e: like YT barely keeps it spot as a video platform because twitter cant even do basic videoplayer UI or media library UI or searches.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 29, 2024

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
last I remember they couldn't even get short videos in crap resolution to play properly without freezing, maybe they should work on that first. Or is four hours just how long it takes to actually play the full fifteen second videos

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
4 hours of AI-generated videos of Musk headpatting dogedesigner guy or something

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
i hope egg gets into the those liquid hol;ding voids in the truck and rots and stinks

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MasterSitsu posted:

So is any special needs group going to call out Elon's r-slur and when they do how much is the stock going to go up

I regret asking this, it's doing its best to reach 14.88% today

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

imagine having to drop $5000 to wrap your vehicle after spending $100,000 on it in the first place.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It truly blows me away how much money these complete idiots have to spend on junk

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Jelly posted:

I wonder how much it costs to buy pizza for an entire apartment complex

I miss the world where the stakes were at this level; egging a car to express contempt/disgust, buying someone a pizza to convey joyful endorsement.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

kiwid posted:

imagine having to drop $5000 to wrap your vehicle after spending $100,000 on it in the first place.
Actually it's a good thing like those naked furniture stores for the remix generation.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I like to think there was a group of kids who planned this out and patiently waited for their moment.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Supreme Court is pure evil

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1784967180477722838

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

i hope egg gets into the those liquid hol;ding voids in the truck and rots and stinks

If the driver doesn't turn on egg mode this voids the warranty

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

redshirt posted:

lol I like to think there was a group of kids who planned this out and patiently waited for their moment.

I wouldn't put it past the person to stage this themselves. These people love attention and they do desperate things when they aren't receiving that attention.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

kiwid posted:

Cybertrucks are like peacock feathers of techbros and influencers. They're not buying them because they want reliable or even functional and reasonably priced vehicle.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

A LOVELY LAD posted:

If the driver doesn't turn on egg mode this voids the warranty

I thought egg mode was what all the women musk had relations with turned on?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Hang on, Tesla has been approving Elon's dogshit tweets?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Durzel posted:

His tweets about Tesla

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

kiwid posted:

Might not be a bad investment to keep it from rusting from bird poo poo or leaves. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Durzel posted:

Just certain ones that relate to Tesla. It's part of a settlement with the SEC over the tweet in which he said he had "funding secured" to take Tesls private when he didn't. Basically just means Tesla has to approve that kind of tweet to ensure it's accurate. Or at least that's my understanding.