Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Crackerjack posted:

I suppose paladins' cover ability can be macro'd in a similar way, yeah? Like, I'm thinking I could make three buttons using "/ac Cover <X>". With X being 2, 3, or 4. In a light party that'd have the all members covered (eh heh heh heh) and in a full party, the other tank and both healers. I'm gonna give this a try.

Yup, I do exactly this myself with Intervention, though I go all the way with 2-8 and just put them on a separate non-keybound bar next to my party list. I also do it for Guardian (and Warden's Paean on BRD) in PvP, but 2-5 I also put on 2-5 of my keyboard for CC while 6-8 only live next to the party for Frontline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I use Synastry, but maybe I'm just a bad astro. It's nice for getting a little extra juice in it if I have to do a GCD heal for some reason.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

lines posted:

I use Synastry, but maybe I'm just a bad astro. It's nice for getting a little extra juice in it if I have to do a GCD heal for some reason.

nah, a good player uses everything on the table. it's just that so little of the game actually challenges you to do so it's really easy to forget some of the more niche buttons even exist

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I have never pressed Synastry in Pandemonium because I pretty much never press Benefic/Benefic II. I guess I could get a tiny more healing out of the few times I press Aspected Benefic but the fact that it only applies its healing bonus to those three GCDs specifically means its use is pretty limited.

It was intended for HW era fights, what with GCD heals being a bigger part of the kit and more split tank duties (A1S being a very clear example).

Edit: Wait, that's not true. I've pressed Synastry when I've tried to keep someone alive who stepped in the goop in P10S.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 30, 2024

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Anybody else having problems with the Mogstation being screwy right now? I went to reup my sub and it redirected me to my account information and wanted me to reconfirm my address and stuff before it let me go through with it.

This on top of my partner being unable to buy the companion app with crysta earlier leads me to believe that maybe something on SE's end is a bit screwy right now. I've managed to reup and get in game no problem now after all that however.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

There was a change to their payment processor that happened last week:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/064c9478a48863f5f974618e91b7c6a9a5ac97f6

It's raising a bit of hell from people right now, particularly since it seems to be affecting SEA players most of all.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Shame Boy posted:

Anybody else having problems with the Mogstation being screwy right now? I went to reup my sub and it redirected me to my account information and wanted me to reconfirm my address and stuff before it let me go through with it.

This on top of my partner being unable to buy the companion app with crysta earlier leads me to believe that maybe something on SE's end is a bit screwy right now. I've managed to reup and get in game no problem now after all that however.

:yeah:

I got this notice too but I'm an American with a NA account so it's fine. Usually I buy my monthly crysta with PayPal for years and the only real downside is that I couldn't link my main email because of reasons.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Vitamean posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/064c9478a48863f5f974618e91b7c6a9a5ac97f6

It's raising a bit of hell from people right now, particularly since it seems to be affecting SEA players most of all.

Oh they are SEA so that would explain things! Now i feel kinda bad all i had to do was click a few extra times for things to be settled :sigh:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The Shame Boy posted:

I bashed my head against it for half an hour yesterday, trying to do a bank payment. It seemed to work, then nothing happened. I double checked with the bank and it hadn't gone through at all. Had to give up and use the Steam wallet.

I also saw the crysta option on the side and considered trying it, but I couldn't find anywhere that said what the sub rates would be in crysta currency.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Every crysta is a cent in USD, as far as I can tell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crackerjack posted:

Show and tell, everyone.
I have no interest in actual portraits so all mine look like this:

(still amazed that the far left one - the Power Ranger helmet dyed blue from the top down - isn't stopped by the "is face visible" stop)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have no interest in actual portraits so all mine look like this:

(still amazed that the far left one - the Power Ranger helmet dyed blue from the top down - isn't stopped by the "is face visible" stop)

It's really funny how it decides if your face is visible or not. For example, my Warrior Portrait:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
How do you make portraits like that? Whenever I try it always gives me the error that my character's face isn't showing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the secret is it's a very very close up shot of my character's blindfold, one of the nier ones, turned 90 degrees sideways

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
Oh, you had me completely fooled lmao

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kerrzhe posted:

the secret is it's a very very close up shot of my character's blindfold, one of the nier ones, turned 90 degrees sideways

you can also hide your face under decorations, or at least you could a while ago

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vitamean posted:

Wait, really? gently caress, I'm a SEA player, I guess I better check and see if I'm affected.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have started playing FF14 again. After playing very little since Endwalker's release, I could do the new MSQ patch stuff, or perhaps the new raids.

Instead I caught a "Titanic Sawfish" for some random fishing quest that I assume is from ARR and did some of the Stormblood fishing quests.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New European server going up soonish.

quote:

In preparation for Dawntrail’s release, a new logical data center, Shadow, will be added to the European Data Center.

We will be monitoring the number of concurrent logins to determine the opening date of Shadow Data Center Worlds, which will be announced at a later date.

European Logical Data Center
Shadow
New Worlds on the Shadow Data Center
Innocence
Pixie
Titania
* Following the maintenance on Tuesday, May 7, the Shadow Data Center will be added to the Data Center Selection menu but will remain inaccessible until the actual launch of the data center. Attempting to connect to the Shadow Data Center prior to its launch will result in an error.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I guess the point is to make it easier for people to log in during DT release, since both Chaos and Light were pretty congested on EW release date. I can't imagine though that it's gonna be a very populated DC after the initial rush of DT has died down though, and people are still incentivized to create characters on Light anyway at the moment.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I'm still hitting queues logging into Light pretty regularly so I'm assuming a lot of worlds there are pretty much filled to capacity, which would explain the decision.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

What kind of queues are you hitting? If it's anything sub-50, you aren't really hitting a queue because the world is congested, it's basically just a queue for the log-in server, so it doesn't necessarily mean that the world is filled to capacity. I think the only time when I faced a login because of congestion in Light/Chaos was during the release of EW.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Tekopo posted:

What kind of queues are you hitting? If it's anything sub-50, you aren't really hitting a queue because the world is congested, it's basically just a queue for the log-in server, so it doesn't necessarily mean that the world is filled to capacity. I think the only time when I faced a login because of congestion in Light/Chaos was during the release of EW.

Something like 47 or below in the weekday evenings. I assumed that was because that's when everyone was online to play but it actually makes more sense if that's just everyone hitting the login server at once.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the login server handles requests in batches of 50. IF your queue is below 50 it's just batching you with the next set of logins.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've been impressed that an emergency system they implemented to help slow the EW launch congestion while they found and fixed the true culprit has been deemed necessary to keep active this whole time. It indicates, to me, that while there's been the expected dropoff as an expansion ages, player population has stayed high relative to previous expansions.

Then again, maybe it's just more of a hassle to turn off than it is to keep it active, so they haven't bothered.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Onean posted:

I've been impressed that an emergency system they implemented to help slow the EW launch congestion while they found and fixed the true culprit has been deemed necessary to keep active this whole time. It indicates, to me, that while there's been the expected dropoff as an expansion ages, player population has stayed high relative to previous expansions.

Then again, maybe it's just more of a hassle to turn off than it is to keep it active, so they haven't bothered.

The batching has always been the case, even before EW. It’s more to prevent DDOS attacks I think than anything related to the EW congestion.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah normal login queues have been 20-40 people for me for practically the life of the game even on servers that are locked for new characters. If the queue is 0 it's because I'm logging in at 3 AM for some reason, and if it's more than 50 it's because the servers just came up after maintenance or a crash.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ytlaya posted:

Instead I caught a "Titanic Sawfish" for some random fishing quest that I assume is from ARR and did some of the Stormblood fishing quests.
you are correct, it's one of the two for the quest that makes you catch six more to get the title <<Of Dragons Deep>>

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hopeandjoy posted:

The batching has always been the case, even before EW. It’s more to prevent DDOS attacks I think than anything related to the EW congestion.

Hmmm. I remember never seeing them outside of patch days and ShB launch on my server, Brynhildr, but then after EW's launch I've never not seen them (even in the middle of the night I see 7-8 people).

Plus I remember a message explaining the system at EW's launch, though I'm thinking I'm probably misremembering and that was them explaining the whole system's workings and not a new addition. Maybe it was them making it visible at very low numbers when it was hidden before?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

:toot: i did it
and yes i set it up so i'd also finish getting all the trusts to 90 at the same time

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

parasyte posted:

:toot: i did it
and yes i set it up so i'd also finish getting all the trusts to 90 at the same time

Nice! I keep considering doing trusts but... ehhhhh.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, I'm up to the ARR patch content now and the crystal braves stuff feels so abrupt to me. I was plowing through this content trying to get to HW the last time I did this and it all kind of blurred together. But this time around I'm just sitting here like "does absolutely nobody think a paramilitary force answering to no government is a bad idea???" Aside from the one ala mhigan refugee in uldah who you can't successfully recruit who is like "my man that is syndicate money I am staying the gently caress away, gl have fun" Look Alphy, punished snake couldn't make it work, I really think you're in a little over your head.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

your trusts get a whole rear end level per highest dungeon now so you can knock them out in, uh, 30 runs?

do vanaspati and ktisis on a caster and ninja to double up on farming leveling gear for the new jobs too

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Alphinaud thought the Scions had already provided proof of concept and all he had to do was slam some money down and expand operations, more of a good thing could only lead to more profit/world saving faster. He was then eaten alive by more ruthless capitalists.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Circle of life.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I think it was a good idea :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it is genuinely a proven workable idea. Alphy was just too optimistic and trusting and didn't assume that people would do incredibly shortsighted and cruel things. He is a giant good-hearted nerd who went "Wow, a group of people who go around doing good regardless of nation, that sounds great."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Professor Beetus posted:

Man, I'm up to the ARR patch content now and the crystal braves stuff feels so abrupt to me. I was plowing through this content trying to get to HW the last time I did this and it all kind of blurred together. But this time around I'm just sitting here like "does absolutely nobody think a paramilitary force answering to no government is a bad idea???" Aside from the one ala mhigan refugee in uldah who you can't successfully recruit who is like "my man that is syndicate money I am staying the gently caress away, gl have fun" Look Alphy, punished snake couldn't make it work, I really think you're in a little over your head.

Yes, that is the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aye, that was pretty much the whole point, I thought. Alphinaud getting taken down a peg after being a cocky little know it all and realizing there was more to what he was trying to achieve than just being rich and smug and More Educated Than Thou.