Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The Bible posted:

it's also neat how they didn't go with misaligned panels and razor sharp edges.

It also doesn't look like the bumper's falling off, so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Holy poo poo Elon emailed me

Didn't know his net worth was around $245 billion. Good thing he told me.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
autoexec.bat holds no secrets for Elon, assigning IRQs like a boss, memory for days, running Doom at lighting speeds. hacking the world

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scam Likely posted:

Holy poo poo Elon emailed me

Didn't know his net worth was around $245 billion. Good thing he told me.

You are a millionaire now and thus the enemy

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Bible posted:

it's also neat how they didn't go with misaligned panels and razor sharp edges.

Well well well, they got the camera side mirrors. Score one for lawless China.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

temple posted:

It's kind of reassuring that china copies everything so every idea survives even if it's slightly weirder and probably lower quality.

The best built Teslas that have stuff fixed first (like the Model 3 and the trunk flooding thing) are the ones that come from China.

To build a better Cybertrucfckrckk is to just look at what Tesla did with theirs, and not do that.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

The best built Teslas that have stuff fixed first (like the Model 3 and the trunk flooding thing) are the ones that come from China.

To build a better Cybertrucfckrckk is to just look at what Tesla did with theirs, and not do that.

You just build an actual car and make the plastic panels look vaguely like a Tesla's.

I bet it can even survive a trip through a car wash, or a drive in the rain.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Steadiman posted:

autoexec.bat holds no secrets for Elon, assigning IRQs like a boss, memory for days, running Doom at lighting speeds. hacking the world

You are talking about a guy who was semi-pro at quake at one time, needles to say he is a true computer whizz

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
With a little C++

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Tai posted:

With a little C++

You'd think he would use a lot more, what with his preference for class systems.

:v:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
In HS I wrote a game in VB, wrote an actual messaging app in... C I think? And was able to at least code a website in HTML

I'm not any type of programmer anymore but drat even in HS I was better than Elon!

Even though I'm not a code toucher anymore I can still instantly root out when people are talking out their rear end about technology and it baffles me he just spouts this poo poo and doesn't even get any of it right

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I taught my child to speak in Spanish, with a little bit of Italian

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Seth Pecksniff posted:

In HS I wrote a game in VB, wrote an actual messaging app in... C I think? And was able to at least code a website in HTML

I'm not any type of programmer anymore but drat even in HS I was better than Elon!

Even though I'm not a code toucher anymore I can still instantly root out when people are talking out their rear end about technology and it baffles me he just spouts this poo poo and doesn't even get any of it right

drat, sounds like you're a billionaire by now. All it takes is basic coding knowledge and a little lay up from slavery wealth.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Bible posted:

The knockoff looks so much better, and it still looks like poo poo.

I bet it actually is the better truck, though. I mean, how could it be worse?

Yeah, it's funny as it looks like a cheap knock off, and looks like garbage, but still looks better and far more practical.

Although it also doesn't seem to have door handles. The gently caress. I seriously hope the no door handle thing doesn't become a thing.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Dude used netcat once and wants to pretend he's some kind of 1337 h4x0r for eschewing a web server lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

drat, sounds like you're a billionaire by now. All it takes is basic coding knowledge and a little lay up from slavery wealth.

lol I also like the implication he couldn't afford a T1 with his massive generational slave emerald wealth

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mudlark posted:

Dude used netcat once and wants to pretend he's some kind of 1337 h4x0r for eschewing a web server lmao

I've been mulling that over, and I think he meant to say a web browser. Without a server, there wouldn't be anything to connect to.

You could interact with a website over a shell connection like that, but... why? There's no practical reason to do that; you certainly wouldn't be getting full functionality and you definitely won't be saving any time.

The only case I can think of is banner-grabbing hacker poo poo, or maybe testing the web server, but he wasn't using a server somehow.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol I also like the implication he couldn't afford a T1 with his massive generational slave emerald wealth

Nah man, he was so loving 1337 he didn't even need one. Just whipped up an emulator with C and a little C++.

I get it. I didn't want to go buy a wifi card or a wifi access point so I just opened up VBCode and wrote a completely functional software equivalent of both.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol what is this supposed to mean

you read port 8080 directly? from what?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ehud posted:

Telnet, netcat, ssh, but yeah, there's no loving point to it. Should've just said he used lynx.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Ehud posted:

It means reading raw bytes from the network socket and manually (and failing to do so properly) implement the HTTP protocol.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bible posted:

I've been mulling that over, and I think he meant to say a web browser. Without a server, there wouldn't be anything to connect to.

You could interact with a website over a shell connection like that, but... why? There's no practical reason to do that; you certainly wouldn't be getting full functionality and you definitely won't be saving any time.

The only case I can think of is banner-grabbing hacker poo poo, or maybe testing the web server, but he wasn't using a server somehow.

Just gonna go demo to investors my maps/yellow-pages website that requires your aunt Muriel not to use a web browser but telnet to port 8080

It'll replace the Thomas Guide!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ehud posted:

winsock, duh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i hate elon

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao tesla fired their entire team responsible for their charging network? That seems like a less than good idea

https://bbc.com/news/technology-68935522

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Seriously, though, his fanboys aren't the type who are going to catch that, and the few who can will keep their mouths shut to avoid being shut out by their incredibly toxic community.

It just confirms to them that he is an engineering god and should be trusted with the life and death of every human on Earth.

free hubcaps posted:

Lmao tesla fired their entire team responsible for their charging network? That seems like a less than good idea

Musk is just going to write an emulator for the charger using C and a little C++.

Gonna save a shitton of money by completely eliminating the hardware.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ehud posted:

i hate elon

Look at this nublet who can't code a website in C and a little C++ nor can he afford a T1 so he just created an emulator and ran it through port 8080

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I would use the term connect in regards to a port, I've never in my life heard someone refer to it as "reading" a port. Maybe he overheard someone talking about port scanning.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

nice hair for a 27 year old

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Regular Wario posted:

nice hair for a 27 year old

Hey, now, some of us just have lovely genes...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
elon is a prolific liar. even his hair is a lie.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

It should be illegal to lie this brazenly

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'll make sure earth hears about this

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just hacking and coding

*puts on hacker gloves, drinks The Dew

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

lol what a pos

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

temple posted:

I'll make sure earth hears about this

You won't care

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

free hubcaps posted:

Solving AI driving safety issue. If Teslas can't charge, they can't drive, therefore can't run over anyone.

musk cares. :love:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

kiwid posted:

lol what a pos

lol yea and the car looks pretty bad too

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
When I was a kid I used to do things like running Linux and feeling like a hacker by running things like tcpdump and telnet and running some commands by hand over terminal. It was all script kiddie Linux 101 type poo poo and I bet that’s what he’s trying to describe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If I remember right Zip2 had to be completely rewritten by people they hired later because it was so lovely.