Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

garry kasparov notably does believe this iirc

he is rather a terrible person in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

watching this bizarre jerry seinfeld “unfrosted” movie about pop tarts, and a dumpster labeled “219” got dumped into a trash truck labeled “420.”

who here wrote this poo poo? is jerry loving seinfeld here?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
didnt he turn into a republican

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

that would seem to imply he was ever not a republican

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
says in the wiki article he was a democratic donor in the early 2000's, but obviously everyone in this hellworld's brains are broke since then

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Branch Nvidian posted:

watching this bizarre jerry seinfeld “unfrosted” movie about pop tarts, and a dumpster labeled “219” got dumped into a trash truck labeled “420.”

who here wrote this poo poo? is jerry loving seinfeld here?
the pacing is just bananas. up until that scene i thought i was watching a trailer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
won’t ever know if the rest of the movie afterwards is the same

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

won’t ever know if the rest of the movie afterwards is the same

utterly breakneck pacing. I’m about halfway through and it hasn’t even reached for the brake

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Eeyo posted:

don't a bunch of the grand masters think women are weak minded and aren't cut out for chess or some poo poo like that?

there’s like, one guy who publicly says this. the womens league exists because many women don’t want to be forced to play with the men all the time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

says in the wiki article he was a democratic donor in the early 2000's, but obviously everyone in this hellworld's brains are broke since then

he recently said something along the lines of woke is ruining comedy

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, so turning into a republican, like chappelle

chappelle was actually funny in his day, tho, lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the biggest sexism problems in chess are stuff like the us chess federation covering up one of its grandmasters to sexually harass and assault female chess players for years, and general sexist attitudes that lead to far fewer little girls being trained seriously from a young age and stuff like that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

comedy and apparently comedians age like milk

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

PokeJoe posted:

danny devito's still funny af at 80. same w/ larry david at 75. i guess physically those two aged like poo poo, so its physically aging like poo poo or mentally aging like poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the worlds oldest recorded joke is like 4000 years ago and it was a fart joke. imo fart jokes have aged well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

yeah, so turning into a republican, like chappelle

chappelle was actually funny in his day, tho, lol

yeah, that's an important distinction

chappelle's show: very funny. chappelle's earlier standup: also very funny

seinfeld: very funny. seinfeld's earlier standup: funny, but not nearly as consistently funny as chappelle's

however everything both have done since their peak has been trash, except for seinfeld's bits on curb your enthusiasm (coincidentally written and directed by the people who did the funnier episodes of seinfeld) and a handful of the comedians in cars bits

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

the worlds oldest recorded joke is like 4000 years ago and it was a fart joke. imo fart jokes have aged well

ben franklin wrote a book about farts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

danny devito's still funny af at 80. same w/ larry david at 75. i guess physically those two aged like poo poo, so its physically aging like poo poo or mentally aging like poo poo

in the right circumstances old milk becomes delicious cheese

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

and who among us has never cut the cheese

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

in the right circumstances old milk becomes delicious cheese

the movie made this joke

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

eh larry david only went bald early, he's kinda like patrick stewart, he seemed ageless until it hit him like a brick

...actually same with danny devito i guess lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Let's see a pic of you at 80

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Branch Nvidian posted:

the movie made this joke

my posts are worse than I thought 😔

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

Let's see a pic of you at 80

my no-concubine grandpa's skin was like entirely made of liver spots when he died at 74 from lung cancer smoking a case a day (not a pack a day, a case a day), and my dad's skin had gotten droopy before i cut contact, from 2-6 bottles of wine a day in america and 2-5 bottles of soju a day in korea so i legitimately have no idea what i'll look like then, having avoided smoking and too much alcohol, at least so far

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 5, 2024

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i could go for some havarti right now

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah, that's an important distinction

chappelle's show: very funny. chappelle's earlier standup: also very funny

seinfeld: very funny. seinfeld's earlier standup: funny, but not nearly as consistently funny as chappelle's
I wasn't a huge fan of chappelle's show and honestly I haven't seen much of his stand-up but I can't imagine that it could possibly reach the level of hackiness that Seinfeld's did. Literally the funniest thing about him is and always has been Larry David.

Also he dated a high school girl when he was almost 40 and he's a scientologist

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, larry david is just better than him in every way. comedy, morality, politics, hair

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

PokeJoe posted:

george carlin was great right until the day he died.

i guess he kinda mellowed out though. something's gotta change

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i took a genuine crack at rewatching chappelle's show and it's incredibly dogshit. the prince skit is funny, the rest is just making fun of poor black people and such

ok the racial draft was also pretty funny. thats it tho

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

george carlin was great right until the day he died.

i guess he kinda mellowed out though. something's gotta change

what happened the day he died to make him less funny?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

what happened the day he died to make him less funny?

he stopped experiencing pain

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the great thing about carlin is you can watch any of his stand up from the 80s onward and it sounds like it could be comedy about the present day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
you know who was funny? that bobcat goldthwait guy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

he stopped experiencing pain

I see. he became unrelatable, just like ellen

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZ-CpINiqg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

eh larry david only went bald early, he's kinda like patrick stewart, he seemed ageless until it hit him like a brick

...actually same with danny devito i guess lol
the flashbacks to early seasons in the curb finale were bonkers, he looked so different

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

you know who was funny? that bobcat goldthwait guy

hes still on wwdtm a couple times a year

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah ive been watching the first seasons and the previews for the last season hes aged from "kinda old" which is what he looked like in the 90s to semi cryptkeeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
time makes a ghoul of us all