Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Thanks, and yes that appears to be the case. The gutter is on the larger size but in any case reached out to the contractor to get their opinion on sizing. We're also exploring options for routing the downspout underground to avoid dumping all that water right out front between the entrance and garage.

Manitoba isn't known for torrential rains so it might not be as big a concern but definitely something to review and confirm. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Looks like it's going to be amazing when it's done.

What's oil canning?

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

You don't want to know. Then you'll see it all over the place.

Forbidden knowledge. when flat metal siding warps slightly from heat usually, or fasteners, installation, etc. it's normal.

However if it's your house it's nice that you have a say in the schedule and can wait for a hot day.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

honda whisperer posted:

Looks like it's going to be amazing when it's done.

What's oil canning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM4SVdBqqMg

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Proclick right there. Battleship NJ is an amazing channel.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The term comes from back in the early industrial revolution when they designed oil cans with deformed bottoms that you could pop in and out to pump the oil out of the nozzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK1kW0dD2Y&t=471s

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

There's an interesting linguistic thing where old terms like that survive well past their namesakes. Symbolically too, with a notable example being the floppy disk save icon, with new generations never having to interact with a floppy disk beyond the save icon itself.

Onto some progress, tape and mud have been slung onto the walls. The dustpocalypse is nigh.

if only there was a special mud for the moisture resistant drywall so it could all be ~~~BLUE~~~ for the aesthetic.

Basement included as well

Which brings us to the mechanical room, ERVs are installed, these pull in exterior air, run them through a fancy piece of metal that exhanges heat with the air that is being pumped outside, and it's what provides fresh air for the home. No breathing our own farts all day here (unless consensual). Bonus shot of the automatic transfer switch for the generator.

Panning around, we see the water to air geothermal heat pump, the water to water heatpump, and a gas fired boiler to boost the output temp of the geothermal water to water pump.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Wait a sec, is this blue gonna turn orange(one would assume based on the rest of the build) or at least red?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

My brain ain't braining so much right now. Is that a portal reference, or a physics one for redshift? Or was that a loud woosh noise I just heard over my head?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Sorry, I was wondering why you went with cheapest version of drywall for wet spaces instead of styro class like orange kerdi or cement board with roll on membrane like redguard.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ah, that makes much more sense. We're planning going orange with the Schluter Kerdi waterproofing system. I took a look and yeah it looks like they actually make a structural board which I wasn't aware of, I've always seen the system installed as that thin membrane installed over drywall, but I guess I've only ever seen it used in reno's and not a new build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Drooool. I would want so many LED shop lights in this room they'd have to install a dimmer to perform an appendectomy.