Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

it just happened in 2022. the key there tho was the west was so horrible GS got to rest for a month and faced the exhausted Celtics. so that was a big bit of luck

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

playing the kicks and the refs must kill your spirit

and ur balls

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

i'd love to root for the knicks but they have way too many villanova assholes, gently caress them and scottie reynolds forever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

euphronius posted:

playing the kicks and the refs must kill your spirit

historically theyve been dogshit enough that it hasn't mattered but now there is a Rising Concern...

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Maed posted:

i'd love to root for the knicks but they have way too many villanova assholes, gently caress them and scottie reynolds forever

as soon as they cut to some fossilized boomer celebrity in the crowd, i boo. gently caress the knicks and gently caress the lakers

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

brooklyn has cooler celebrities, i took this at the liberty game i went to

my mom is a big improv person but he ran away before i could get around the court and say hi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

biceps crimes posted:

as soon as they cut to some fossilized boomer celebrity in the crowd, i boo. gently caress the knicks and gently caress the lakers

I got to go to a Knicks/Celtics game at MSG this year and Martha Stewart and Missy Elliott were there to witness the Celtics' victory

Also some Walking Dead person I dunno I don't watch it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

pacers are just getting outplayed. get a loving rebound ffs

this shits over

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

biceps crimes posted:

pacers are just getting outplayed. get a loving rebound ffs

this shits over

that was a horrible shot by hali too

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Pacers = frauds, many such cases

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

biceps crimes posted:

yeah, aside from the Heat, maybe Gary Payton and Karl Malone to the Lakers in 03 or whenever that was, but again, they already had Shaq and Kobe

hmm i dont remember if Karl Malone was even injured much before that Lakers season

Payton and Malone going to the Lakers was the year they went roaring to the finals with that Derek Fisher shot and then got absolutely shredded by Detroit in an all time upset, so it didn't work out after all

I would say Shaq going to the Heat past his prime was actually a good example of a time when it worked (Gary Payton incidentally joined them in his final season too). He helped Wade win his first title at 34. I also recall Iguodala being the signing that finally put GSW over the top when he was slightly north of 30. Marc Gasol is a case that could have easily backfired for the Raptors as they gave up Valanciunias and more to get him at 34 but the stars aligned in 2019 with Kawhi

Anyway that's just older players though, none of them meet the criteria of being as injured as much as Lillard even if they weren't the most durable players ever. I remember Otto Porter making a big impact on GSW in 2022 despite being perennially injured. A guy being perennially injured AND old helping win a title seems like a unicorn to me

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 05:28 on May 9, 2024

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Maed posted:

brooklyn has cooler celebrities, i took this at the liberty game i went to

my mom is a big improv person but he ran away before i could get around the court and say hi
??? Who

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

That is obviously Carrot Top

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

thats seth romatelli

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jokic just won his 3rd mvp officially. first player in history to get 3 like that. is he the goat?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lebron should have won 5 in a row and this should be Jokic's 4th in a row tbh. Derrick Rose and Embiid ruined history

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The only celebrities at Celtics games are players from other Boston teams and Donnie Walberg.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Jokic second deserved mvp congrats maybe now he'll play like one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2023 mvp was a correction to 2022 which was the wrong one. that one was the error. That is the one embiid should have won over jokic. If you trade 2022 and 2023 I think the voters have been more or less dead on

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I legit think voters are still overcorrecting for the Derrick Rose MVP. It's pretty clear he's going to be the first MVP not in the Hall of Fame so now they're not going to give it to anyone who doesn't at least have a reasonable case for the Hall before getting it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/video/mp4/dn7du7.mp4

e: pfff video embeds are still broken. This is from this Reddit post, wherein Shaq extremely awkwardly tells Jokic he thinks Shai should have won MVP

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1cnjnko/shaq_tells_jokic_that_sga_deserved_the_mvp_over/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Indiana Pacers have submitted 78 instances of incorrect or non-calls to the NBA that they felt put them at a disadvantage in Games 1 and 2 against the New York Knicks, a league source told ESPN.

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle, speaking after Indiana fell behind 2-0 in the Eastern Conference semifinals with a 130-121 loss to New York on Wednesday, said the team had identified 29 questionable refereeing decisions from Game 1. The source said the Pacers then identified 49 plays from Game 2 that they felt were incorrectly called or not called at all and submitted them overnight to the NBA office.

EDITOR’S PICKS

Carlisle says Pacers want ‘fair shot’ from officials
9hBrian Windhorst

‘Warrior’ Brunson lifts hobbled Knicks to 2-0 lead
9hChris Herring

NBA playoffs 2024: Conference semifinals news, schedule, scores and highlights
10hESPN
Carlisle said they had decided not to send the Game 1 calls to the league office for review but reversed that decision after Game 2 had similar officiating issues from their perspective.

As part of NBA protocol, the clips will also be shared with the Knicks.

“I can promise you that we’re going to submit these tonight,” Carlisle said after being ejected in the final minute when he was given two technical fouls. “New York can get ready. They’ll see ‘em too. I’m always talking to our guys about not making it about the officials, but we deserve a fair shot.”

A frustrated Carlisle also implied the Pacers were being penalized by officials because they were playing against the league’s largest market.

“Small-market teams deserve an equal shot,” Carlisle said. “They deserve a fair shot no matter where they’re playing.”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

49 plays is like … 25% of the plays lol

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

2024 Knicks are the 2021 Hawks with a friendly whistle.

A generational friendly whistle. A new york organized sports friendly whistle.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

loquacius posted:

https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/video/mp4/dn7du7.mp4

e: pfff video embeds are still broken. This is from this Reddit post, wherein Shaq extremely awkwardly tells Jokic he thinks Shai should have won MVP

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1cnjnko/shaq_tells_jokic_that_sga_deserved_the_mvp_over/

lol shaq is a dumbass

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

2023 mvp was a correction to 2022 which was the wrong one. that one was the error. That is the one embiid should have won over jokic. If you trade 2022 and 2023 I think the voters have been more or less dead on

Giannis should of won 3 in a row easily. last year and this year are easily Jokic. maybe Embiid wins 22 but I'd have him third behind a tied Jokic and Giannis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

The Indiana Pacers have submitted 78 instances of incorrect or non-calls to the NBA that they felt put them at a disadvantage in Games 1 and 2 against the New York Knicks, a league source told ESPN.

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle, speaking after Indiana fell behind 2-0 in the Eastern Conference semifinals with a 130-121 loss to New York on Wednesday, said the team had identified 29 questionable refereeing decisions from Game 1. The source said the Pacers then identified 49 plays from Game 2 that they felt were incorrectly called or not called at all and submitted them overnight to the NBA office.

EDITOR’S PICKS

Carlisle says Pacers want ‘fair shot’ from officials
9hBrian Windhorst

‘Warrior’ Brunson lifts hobbled Knicks to 2-0 lead
9hChris Herring

NBA playoffs 2024: Conference semifinals news, schedule, scores and highlights
10hESPN
Carlisle said they had decided not to send the Game 1 calls to the league office for review but reversed that decision after Game 2 had similar officiating issues from their perspective.

As part of NBA protocol, the clips will also be shared with the Knicks.

“I can promise you that we’re going to submit these tonight,” Carlisle said after being ejected in the final minute when he was given two technical fouls. “New York can get ready. They’ll see ‘em too. I’m always talking to our guys about not making it about the officials, but we deserve a fair shot.”

A frustrated Carlisle also implied the Pacers were being penalized by officials because they were playing against the league’s largest market.

“Small-market teams deserve an equal shot,” Carlisle said. “They deserve a fair shot no matter where they’re playing.”

Sounds like a skill issue.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yup. If they want to win they should try paying the refs more, no?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
FREE BIG BABY 💪👶

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
rick carlisle in fact wants you to put in the newspaper that he's mad, actually

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Rick Carlisle's right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think I’m gonna. become a Liberty fan and get a pair of Sabrinas

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Suns are apparently hiring Bud: https://uproxx.com/dimemag/suns-hire-mike-budenholzer-head-coach/

LMA, and I can't stress this next part enough, O

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Azathoth posted:

The Suns are apparently hiring Bud: https://uproxx.com/dimemag/suns-hire-mike-budenholzer-head-coach/

lol ftw

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gonna cheer for the cavs even though they have almost no chance

Azathoth posted:

lmao. im sure that'll fix everything

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 01:01 on May 10, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More like the fraudics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boston losing at home lol

maybe they are soft

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg … Knicks in the finals ??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goid please no. theyre not even in the ecf yet and I have seen a four fold increase of drunk guys in knicks jerseys on my commute this month .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

goid please no. theyre not even in the ecf yet and I have seen a four fold increase of drunk guys in knicks jerseys on my commute this month .

where are all the nets fans in new york