Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The shark doesn't just roar, it takes a deep breath first.

it's just outgassing. that was a fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Basebf555 posted:

You just like saying Dick Miller dont you

Who doesn't?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1788554683000266766

I still wouldn't say I'm looking forward to this, but this is the best trailer for the A Quiet Place prequel yet

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I never went past the first one mostly cuz I found it kind of forgettable and I hate Office Jim.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I never went past the first one mostly cuz I found it kind of forgettable and I hate Office Jim.

Quiet Place 2 was pretty terrible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

AQP2 sucked rear end, you saw the only good one so far

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A Quiet Place was the funniest comedy of 2018. Completely whiffs a killer premise and gimmick by telling the wettest blandest saddest sad dad story.

They put the baby in the Baby Box

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
a quiet place was a fun theater experience because everyone was bein' as quiet as possible in respect of the quiet, but it's a movie that has gotten progressively more lmao in my memory any time i think about it

just the fuckin' white board alone

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

A Quiet Place was the funniest comedy of 2018. Completely whiffs a killer premise and gimmick by telling the wettest blandest saddest sad dad story.

They put the baby in the Baby Box

It's this except I didn't find it funny either.

I genuinely preferred the cash in rip off named The Silence or w/e because at least THAT was funny

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
A Quiet Place is a very silly movie but it also scared the poo poo out of me for some reason. The audience I saw it with was also very rowdy in the most ideal into-it way and I'll never forget the collective groan when she pulled the nail up with the laundry bag.

IT'S SOUND!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A Quiet Place would have been better if they didn't make noise, didn't make the way to kill the monsters completely obvious, and didn't have a baby in the middle of the no make noise era. Just a frustrating movie that wasn't very well thought out featuring two amazingly bad parents.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

didn't make the way to kill the monsters completely obvious

In the Quiet Place universe games like Gradius and R-Type were never invented so humanity was unfamiliar with the concept of waiting until the armor opens up to shoot the weak spot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is there a werewolf movie that plays with the idea that the guy might just be crazy, like it leaves it ambiguous for at least a bit if the guy is actually physically transforming or if it’s all in his head?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Quiet Place 2 was pretty terrible

It’s like the hangover 2. It’s the same movie almost exactly and man was it boring to see.

The first one kinda worked bc the gimmick was cool and people did shut up during it. But Ive rewatched it once and it was very mid so idk.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Is there a werewolf movie that plays with the idea that the guy might just be crazy, like it leaves it ambiguous for at least a bit if the guy is actually physically transforming or if it’s all in his head?

Jack Nicholson's Wolf is at least coy for a little while, I think? And After Midnight is partly the vibe you might be looking for.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

After Midnight isn’t a werewolf movie just fyi but it’s really good. Go in blind.

Also stars Henry Zerbrowski of last pod. Hail Satan, gein and me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wolf was also my initial thought but lord knows I don't remember it very well or how long it plays coy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I want to say Wolf with Jack Nicholson and Wolfen with Edward James Olmos both play it ambiguous for a bit, but it's been a while since I've seen either and I might be misremembering

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Werewolf chat:

Wolf of Snow Hollow

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Thanks guys. Someone at work was saying there had to be a movie like that and I told them I knew some people who would know.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1788554683000266766

I still wouldn't say I'm looking forward to this, but this is the best trailer for the A Quiet Place prequel yet

This thumbnail looks awfully AI ish

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

test audiences didn't like that the Mario Van Peebles character died.

I mean, fair enough, but I don't see why they'd have to change the shark death format for that to work. He's either just as able to swim away after getting bit if the shark's head explodes or not, or, if he was swallowed but not digested, the shark's head exploding would be even worse for him.

Also, A Quiet Place 2 was like the second or third movie I was able to see in the theater again after getting vaccinated, and I was so pissed at how bad it was lol. It was even worse than having the Chris Rock Spiral be my first official movie back!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It really does lol

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I want to say Wolf with Jack Nicholson and Wolfen with Edward James Olmos both play it ambiguous for a bit, but it's been a while since I've seen either and I might be misremembering

I just watched Wolfen over the weekend and I don't know if ambiguous is the right word for that one. You get wolf sight predator vision leaping at people's throats from the start.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Class3KillStorm posted:

I mean, fair enough, but I don't see why they'd have to change the shark death format for that to work. He's either just as able to swim away after getting bit if the shark's head explodes or not, or, if he was swallowed but not digested, the shark's head exploding would be even worse for him.

Also, A Quiet Place 2 was like the second or third movie I was able to see in the theater again after getting vaccinated, and I was so pissed at how bad it was lol. It was even worse than having the Chris Rock Spiral be my first official movie back!

I did a Quiet Place 2 as my first movie back and Conjuring 3 as my 2nd.

I was just so happy to be back in a theater and eating popcorn that I didn’t give a poo poo they were both pretty awful.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

After Midnight isn’t a werewolf movie just fyi but it’s really good. Go in blind.

Had to doublecheck, but no, After Midnight is not the weird Scorsese movie about a yuppie having misadventures in New York, that's After Hours

I caught the Scorsese thing on cable once and didn't remember anything werewolf-adjacent in it, but as it turns out there totally is - the lead actor was the awesome zombie dude in American Werewolf

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 9, 2024

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Fans of bad movies should definitely watch Jaws 3 and 4. I suspect there's a lot of crossover with fans of this thread and poo poo like MST and We Hate Movies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The first wave of titles for Fantasia dropped today and there's some potential bangers in here. I'm a mark for the Adams family (not that one) so Hell Hole is at the top of my list.

quote:

"A road trip through Canadian oil fields conjured up fantasies of secrets deep in the dirt for the Adams family, and inspired them to create HELL HOLE, an indie rock-n-roll monster movie set at a far-away fracking site. Known for their DIY ethos, John and Lulu Adams and Toby Poser, partnering with Shudder, have joined the team behind The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs and FX legend Todd Masters to shoot their latest in Serbia with a local cast and crew."

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The algorithm has been serving me horror movie reviewer slop lately but I’ve watched some pretty good/interesting stuff in the last week that I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. These are light recommends but curious if anyone has thoughts on:

Banned from Broadcast: Saiko! The Large Family

Candy Land (2022)

Cutting Moments (it’s on YouTube)

Lowlifes

Loved all of them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The hosts are just whatever and the movies are just okay but I can’t stop watching the creature features channel on YouTube. They did show Freaked recently but it had a different song in the opening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First reactions at the premiere of Longlegs are on twitter. Friends unanimously saying the teasers were just the start of the insanity and this is easily Osgood Perkins’ best yet :yeshaha:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm like 20 minutes into The Toxic Avenger - is Shudder's copy hosed up, or is the movie's audio just like that?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I had the same wild audio issues when I was watching the Last Drive In episode but none of my friends watching elsewhere were complaining so I thought it was just a consequence of my parents' sound bar or something. They have an Android TV and I usually watch on Roku and my friends on Fire Stick, if any of that helps. It was super weird and tinny for me. Maybe it was a Shudder thing after all.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I just figured the sound was rear end to match the look of the production :shrug:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
If anyone's looking for a fun modern X-Files, then New Life is worth a whirl. Sonya Walger makes a great Scully.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gripweed posted:

The movie Wer is pretty good for this.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Watched Talk To Me and it's overwhelmingly...okay. Feels more Blumhouse that A24. It's pretty much carried by Sophie Wilde's performance and the ending is pretty good too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I liked the execution of the ending a lot but yeah, deeply Okay movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I enjoyed it a lot but wanted more, especially the 'other side' stuff which is exactly the kind of concept/imagery that gets me. But it's hard to get mad about that for a first feature, where a sequel was pretty much immediately greenlit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alhazred posted:

Watched Talk To Me and it's overwhelmingly...okay. Feels more Blumhouse that A24. It's pretty much carried by Sophie Wilde's performance and the ending is pretty good too.

I liked the corpse visuals and the acting was solid. I wanted more mystery in the plot with the fate of the mother and less filler to hit the 90 minute mark. I thought the ending was pretty meh and just trying to set up the be on the other side of the hand finale. But for a first time horror director pairing and a movie meant for teenagers it was pretty decent.