Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1787855624132530432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hogama posted:

The leak on the RAM and storage comes from reading public shipping information on various sites that track such things. Normally people don't really bother overmuch because those are just codes without much more info, but if you can figure out the codes, they're much more legible. So allegedly they've been rooting around in Nintendo, Nvidia, and manufacturers in Vietnam tied to Nintendo to see what's been shipped around, and they found details on something that didn't match the Switch's known shipment codes. The RAM and storage match some other known codes.

Woodward and Burnstein need to attend a training seminar from these guys

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can't believe this thread is posting Nintendo switch successor components assassination coordinates

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
You need an elite gaming cabal to get the real scoops.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Current gen get GTA6, Switch2 gets GTA5 and will outsell GTA6 for two years.

Sadly GTA6 will probably force me to buy a non-nintendo console if they stick to the PC release being a year behind consoles. It's the only reason I had an Xbox360 hah hah.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have been kind of done with GTA for a while

Take a look at the trailer for GTA6, what a fun and wonderful world they have created there, it's full of boisterous characters loving life. Seems great. Except, the game is going to ask you to shoot and kill all these characters. I don't wanna do that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Take a look at the trailer for GTA6, what a fun and wonderful world they have created there, it's full of boisterous characters loving life. Seems great. Except, the game is going to ask you to shoot and kill all these characters. I don't wanna do that.

Imagine an Animal Crossing type game in a GTA world with no violence or killing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds borning

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cartoon Man posted:

Imagine an Animal Crossing type game in a GTA world with no violence or killing.

kapp'n can finally be the drunkard he was always meant to be

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Cartoon Man posted:

We got new leaks today! These supposedly come from analyzing shipping between Nintendo and Nvidia. Or they could be utter and total bullshit! You decide!

https://www.androidauthority.com/nintendo-switch-2-leaks-specs-launch-timeline-backwards-compatibility-3441297/

Stuff like this sounds plausible. I remember a post I've been scouring to find again saying that remakes of F-Zero GX, Xenoblade X, TP and WW, and a few others were in the pipeline from a fairly reputable leaker.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the only leaks I trust are blurry photos of assembly line molds

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

¡¡¡NINTENDO!!!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Hardware spec rumors cannot possibly influence my descision to purchase multiple Nintendo Switch Successors, but I wish the leakers well.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The Maroon Hawk posted:

¡¡¡NINTENDO!!!

:yeah:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Guys, I think the next console will have ram and some sort of graphics card.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I can't believe this post is coming from John loving WICK, of all people.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

glassyalabolas posted:

but what if it doesnt :tinfoil:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wizard2 posted:

but what if it doesnt :tinfoil:

Nintendo going all in on cloud streaming hell yeah

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glassyalabolas posted:

Actually it'll bea system on a chip, which means it will be using integrated graphics on the cpu die, not a separate card or chip.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

¡¡¡NINTENDO!!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Switch 2 isn't going to have a CPU, it'll have discrete logic circuitry.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch 2 will be a metallic ooze you stick your hands into that will give you hallucinations

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

hatty posted:

Switch 2 will be a metallic ooze you stick your hands into that will give you hallucinations

Better or worse than the PlayStation 9 spores?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

I can't believe this post is coming from John loving WICK, of all people.

Actually it's from the John Wick of Dogs, otherwise known as Rin Tin Tin

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

wizard2 posted:

Hardware spec rumors cannot possibly influence my descision to purchase multiple Nintendo Switch Successors, but I wish the leakers well.

Yeah same. I really couldn't care less about specs. The only thing I care about is backwards compatibly. It will run Nintendo games just fine regardless. If it doesn't run this or that game well, don't care. I have a Deck.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I’m holding out for the Colecovision 2. Hope Donkey Kong is the pack-in again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if a leaker says Xenoblade X is part of any kind of release list you can be sure they are not reputable, XCX director has said again and again that porting the game is absolutely not worth it for them and would be a massive pain in the rear end in terms of money and effort.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cartoon Man posted:

Forgot to include this in my post:

There was proof of a delay to next year? I thought that was still just Twitter randos making poo poo up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

if a leaker says Xenoblade X is part of any kind of release list you can be sure they are not reputable, XCX director has said again and again that porting the game is absolutely not worth it for them and would be a massive pain in the rear end in terms of money and effort.

He probably just said that as a bluff to get Nintendo to greenlight 3 faster

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It will be backwards compatible with first gen switch titles but not switch two titles

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this you?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Len posted:

There was proof of a delay to next year? I thought that was still just Twitter randos making poo poo up

Technically no delay since there's never been an announced launch date but actual reputable journalists have talked to third party devs who have said they were told the launch window was now around March next year instead of these holidays.

This whole list of 'leaks' is just existing well sourced information with some random 'there's going to be other directs! with games! it's going to have RAM!' mixed in.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
What, largely ignored, hardware gimmick will this next console have?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/tEeS-Pxc6VY?si=ow7BQDXVw1sNb6Zk

Jeff G doing god’s work

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Merkinman posted:

having good exclusive games

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Merkinman posted:

The rumored AR camera

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Second screen on back, an e-straw to simulate Kirby sucking

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We're finally gonna get the Vitality Sensor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

man nurse posted:

Jeff G doing god’s work

The man is still a threat.