Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think that belongs in awesome construction thread

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
That last line got me.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
The root cause issue with the double sink, I suspect, based on loving me over in the past... The waste line come out of the framing is to high for a double sink.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is sus but not for the reason OP thought that it was.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

That looks pretty well done and intentional. Maybe earthquake isolation?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It doesn’t look like there are any hangers or braces holding the deck to those supports?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Yeah, not a single strong-tie to be found.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ashcans posted:

It doesn’t look like there are any hangers or braces holding the deck to those supports?

Carriage bolts in shear are holding it up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

SHUT UP it was fine six months ago

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
People seem to be really bad at basic physics, huh

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
loving triangles how do they work?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Okay, this doesn't look like a flood zone, so why is the house on stilts? I mean, I guess if it was in a flood zone they'd know how to build a house on stilts properly so it wouldn't be here, but what's the point? Just incredibly lazy so you know they only way to get your steps in is to put in a pointless staircase between your car and your house? Secretly very worried about the "zombie apocalypse" and want fortifications you can pass off has quirky?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Okay, this doesn't look like a flood zone, so why is the house on stilts? I mean, I guess if it was in a flood zone they'd know how to build a house on stilts properly so it wouldn't be here, but what's the point? Just incredibly lazy so you know they only way to get your steps in is to put in a pointless staircase between your car and your house? Secretly very worried about the "zombie apocalypse" and want fortifications you can pass off has quirky?

Bears? Maybe the view is nice up there?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Airbnb. I guarantee it’s so they can market it as a treehouse on Airbnb. I think it’s attached to four trees, which is the only reason it’s standing at all. I still wouldn’t trust that poo poo.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Airbnb. I guarantee it’s so they can market it as a treehouse on Airbnb. I think it’s attached to four trees, which is the only reason it’s standing at all. I still wouldn’t trust that poo poo.

Yeah, that screams ~quirky insta-ready rental~

My only real question is whether someone bought property explicitly for this purpose, or if they're running it out of their back yard.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I can't tell from the photo but I wonder if those posts are on concrete footers

Jows
May 8, 2002

There's another structure on the right side of the pic. And the pavement on the left. I suspect backyard.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

I'm not convinced that it isn't a hunting blind.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

kid sinister posted:

I'm not convinced that it isn't a hunting blind.

It very well could be, when "hunting" is a pretense to get together with your buddies and watch football and drink beer.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm the charcoal grill on a bed of dry leaves up against the house support

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nitrox posted:

It very well could be, when "hunting" is a pretense to get together with your buddies and watch football and drink beer.

There's no plumbing or electricity AFAICT, but that shouldn't stop anyone.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They probably put the garderobe in the back over the hammock

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Pretty sure that is just a grown-ups tree house. A place where the guys congregate at 5pm to drink and smoke while dinner gets made. The one in our neighborhood was three stories. Not sure what happened to it after the divorce.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

A rickety ladder is exactly what I want to climb down after I've been drinking.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm the charcoal grill on a bed of dry leaves up against the house support

And I was gonna say the whole concept of an upscaled treehouse is a ludicrous fire hazard, which may be the Australian in me but I'm pretty sure is a far more universally applicable instinct.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I was gonna say the whole concept of an upscaled treehouse is a ludicrous fire hazard, which may be the Australian in me but I'm pretty sure is a far more universally applicable instinct.

Treehouse Masters was on HGTV for 11 seasons.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Nenonen posted:

There's no plumbing or electricity AFAICT, but that shouldn't stop anyone.

Looks like a grey flexible electrical conduit and possibly a darker water line going up the support closest to the grill but yeah, I don't see any drain plumbing.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

A rickety ladder is exactly what I want to climb down after I've been drinking.

What if they put in a fire pole?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
It might almost be safer.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

That is clearly a staircase leading to a spiral staircase, not a ladder.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/XsE0SSN.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bonus, it's a U-Trap.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
We had a few contractors over to quote on replacing a 2nd story cantilevered deck. The last contractor was the only one to tell us that he would only do it with a signed engineering report with drawings. I think we'll go with him.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Apologies for TikTok but oh my god

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLVRgwR9/

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
What the gently caress is wrong with people?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

I was about to say "those are turds" and then I found out they were actual turds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Just burn it down