Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Is there really anyone out there who believes you could go from landing some people on mars to having a loving city built in twenty years? It's to the point of unbelievable it's like a toddler saying they're gonna train really hard this week and climb mount Everest on the weekend.

Not here, but people still invest in Tesla, and watch their board give Elon 50Billion, so.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

lol he's having a day
I just tested this out and yeah it works

gently caress Elon Musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

shyduck posted:

I just tested this out and yeah it works

gently caress Elon Musk

cis is one of the bad slurs that are not ok to say on the platform, unlike the good slurs that elon himself uses on the platform

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Sandweed posted:

Mars has an atmosphere.

Squiggle posted:

America has a safety net.

:thurman:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

kazil posted:

lol he's having a day

Well in Zuck's defense he has been busy celebrating his birthday with wife, kids and friends lol

You should try that sometime Mr Musk

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Take more drugs Elon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How the gently caress is he doing this after he bitched out multiple times.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

It's so weird how they put Trump's face on fit/muscular dudes for everything including his NFTs.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

How the gently caress is he doing this after he bitched out multiple times.
He does drugs all day and night and cut out all the dissenting voices In his life

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

WhyteRyce posted:

Ohhhh we’ve got a new kind of issue

You know what hasn't failed me? The plain old mechanical door handles on my car.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I so badly would want Zuckerberg to just find Musk on the street (he did say "anytime") and spark him the gently caress out. Failing that, just proposing a plain MMA fight on a given date at a given location, and turning up there.

It intuitively feels like that's just what Musk wants, though, like all these chickenshits that talk a big game and then vanish as soon as the target of their aggression even flinches. Didn't Musk start wibbling on about needing to get his back checked to see if he could fight first? Now that he knows Zuckerberg is just done with his nonsense he dials the rhetoric up to 11.

That's the annoying thing - Musk wants the reaction, he 100% does not want the fight nor would he have any chance at all of winning it. He would get annihilated.

So cmon Zuckerberg - flatten Musk and become a national hero.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Everyone but Musk's simps know he bailed on the previous plans to fight zuck.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

lol he's having a day

Musk's gambling addiction is working out as well as it can I see.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Durzel posted:

So cmon Zuckerberg - flatten Musk and become a national hero.

Yeah Zuckerberg has been annoying sensible about all this. Why couldn't this be one of the many, many thing Zuckerberg is an utter idiot about!!!

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I guess this thread is a testament to Elon's success in fulfilling his need for attention.

Personally I think Zuckerberg would flatten him and wouldn't need to ambush him to do so. The dude seems super intense and dedicated in whatever the hell he does so if he wanted to fight he'd train hard for a year first.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Challenge him to a pistol duel

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

kiwid posted:

Everyone but Musk's simps know he bailed on the previous plans to fight zuck.

Bu...But...But Musk showed up to his house! It was Zuck who chickened out when this coked out man showed up unannounced and demanded to fight Zuck in his personal octogon ring! It doesn't even matter that Zuck wasn't home at the time!

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 15, 2024

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

dr_rat posted:

Is there really anyone out there who believes you could go from landing some people on mars to having a loving city built in twenty years? It's to the point of unbelievable it's like a toddler saying they're gonna train really hard this week and climb mount Everest on the weekend.

China could possibly do it if they put trillions into it. Musk? No way.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was hoping Elon would bring this back up, I love watching him dunk on himself with this particular topic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Personally I think Zuckerberg would flatten him and wouldn't need to ambush him to do so. The dude seems super intense and dedicated in whatever the hell he does so if he wanted to fight he'd train hard for a year first.

Oh I don't think anyone think musk would have a chance against zuckerberg. Zuckerberg seems to actually be quite fit and has done some training, Who knows what exactly is going on with musks weird rear end body and cocktail of drugs he regularly seems to be on but it's safe to say he's not exactly healthy.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Don't forget that Elon is such a little turd that he actually begged his mother to step in and call off the fight.

Maye, that is. Not his stepmother, who is also his sister.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Just want to once again point out how funny it is that Steve Aoki was on Musk’s crew. For those who don’t know Steve Aoki doesn’t just make bad EDM. He makes absolutely loving ear shatteringly awful EDM that’s practically impossible to dance to. If Dimitri Vegas is like eating a cheap burger, Steve Aoki is like being force fed a two litre bottle of diarrea.

I once saw him live when I was a moronic 18 year old and even then, full of MDMA, I felt nothing but confusion and hatred for what I was hearing. And his whole style and vibe is just the most tacky, gauche, obnoxious thing imaginable.

Perfect for Elon’s moon mission, is what I’m saying.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ymgve posted:

China could possibly do it if they put trillions into it. Musk? No way.

Even China would find it nearly impossible. Like the pure insane logistics of it all would be something even trillions of dollars and China vast manufacturing capabilities would have a crazy hard time overcoming.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

dr_rat posted:

Even China would find it nearly impossible. Like the pure insane logistics of it all would be something even trillions of dollars and China vast manufacturing capabilities would have a crazy hard time overcoming.

That's a hard time table for moon. But it's at least conceivable with a space race part 2. Mars? No friggen way and should immeadiately scream to anyone with 2 braincells that he is full of poo poo

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Oh I don't think anyone think musk would have a chance against zuckerberg. Zuckerberg seems to actually be quite fit and has done some training, Who knows what exactly is going on with musks weird rear end body and cocktail of drugs he regularly seems to be on but it's safe to say he's not exactly healthy.

Zuck does competitive BJJ, he would gently caress Elon's tubby dad bod up in seconds. I had a woman a foot shorter and 100lbs lighter show me how powerless I was to stop her once, I can only imagine her being larger would only make the situation worse.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Zuck should offer to fight him on the ISS

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao that colonising Mars is utterly pointless as of this post. It offers nothing of value.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jakabite posted:

Just want to once again point out how funny it is that Steve Aoki was on Musk’s crew. For those who don’t know Steve Aoki doesn’t just make bad EDM. He makes absolutely loving ear shatteringly awful EDM that’s practically impossible to dance to. If Dimitri Vegas is like eating a cheap burger, Steve Aoki is like being force fed a two litre bottle of diarrea.

I once saw him live when I was a moronic 18 year old and even then, full of MDMA, I felt nothing but confusion and hatred for what I was hearing. And his whole style and vibe is just the most tacky, gauche, obnoxious thing imaginable.

Perfect for Elon’s moon mission, is what I’m saying.

does steve aoki make any more sense if you find out his dad founded benihana?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

dr_rat posted:

Musk said Starship might eventually enable interstellar travel, he is dumb as gently caress, lies or both and his nazi/doge circlejerk does the same, either they are parroting his claims because he gives them audience or because they are incredibly stupid

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

That's a hard time table for moon.

Yeah with the moon you at least start to get to the point where maybe, just maybe, theoretically possible for a country like China to do it if they put it as their top priority for some bizarre reason.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

shiksa posted:

does steve aoki make any more sense if you find out his dad founded benihana?

It sorta does, I’ve only seen that video where he throws a cake at his show and he nails that person right in the face.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dwesa posted:

Musk said Starship might eventually enable interstellar travel, he is dumb as gently caress, lies or both and his nazi/doge circlejerk does the same, either they are parroting his claims because he gives them audience or because they are incredibly stupid

I doubt Musk knows what interstellar travel means. He was probably just throwing out buzz words about space travel.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lael

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Interstellar travel and colonising the stars is a magnitude of dumbness greater than build a city on Mars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tai posted:

Interstellar travel and colonising the stars is a magnitude of dumbness greater than build a city on Mars.

No, probably less dumb. They are at least feasible in the near term. It will never be possible to live on mars

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

No, probably less dumb. They are at least feasible in the near term. It will never be possible to live on mars

You've got it backwards.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

redshirt posted:

You've got it backwards.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The soil is mars is toxic. There is no magnetic field shield. (Or a weak one). It’s cold as gently caress. Landing and taking off from planets is incredibly expensive.

There is literally no reasons to go there and like 25 great reasons to not go there . Mars is dumb

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

We don't really need to rehash all the same arguments itt every time Musk posts something dumb about Mars. He's dumb and a liar, just laugh at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

euphronius posted:

The soil is mars is toxic. There is no magnetic field shield. (Or a weak one). It’s cold as gently caress. Landing and taking off from planets is incredibly expensive.

There is literally no reasons to go there and like 25 great reasons to not go there . Mars is dumb

With current technology. At some point it will probably be feasible to colonize mars, but its going to take a very very long time to develop the technology.