Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for all he running tips, which I am reading whilst eating chips in my pyjamas.

Bardeh, I will PM you, thanks. Those exercises might actually help whereas general stetching doesn't seem to have done much good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Party Boat posted:

surely riding side by side makes it easier to overtake, if you're doing so safely you need to move at least partially into the oncoming lane anyway and it reduces the length of the bikes as a group and thus time needed to overtake

It's this but good luck explaining that to the frothing
car brain gammons

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Salisbury Snape posted:

It's not a boomer thing to hate bicyclelists. When you ride three abreast down a national speed limit road and back up traffic, you are a bunch of lycra wearing cunts. Pay some road tax like the rest of us and by all means you can be an entitled shitfuck

congrats this is the dumbest post in a thread full of shrek cock

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists are all cunts.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Salisbury Snape posted:

It's not a boomer thing to hate bicyclelists. When you ride three abreast down a national speed limit road and back up traffic, you are a bunch of lycra wearing cunts. Pay some road tax like the rest of us and by all means you can be an entitled shitfuck

Lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
van man :manning:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Solefald posted:

c25k is a good way to ease yourself into it but I also have this problem with my calves and I can never seem to make them not cramp up anytime I jog/run. I've tried every type of stretching and all that jazz but nothing really works fully, like it'll ease it more than before but the cramping will still come!

what you think about david platt's heavily receded hairline

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

chopped too many onions

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I guess I don't do troll posting as someone that rages about cyclists very well.
I couldn't care less about cyclists on the road I live in the country on a popular cycling route and I partake in the enjoyment of a nearly 100y/o vehicle that is on occasion overtaken by cyclists and is also exempt from tax and mot.
Riding two/three abreast is only more dangerous because drivers are impatient and will overtake in the most ridiculous places that they wouldn't overtake any other vehicle in, which ofc is not the fault of the cyclists. Riding abreast should deter drivers from overtaking and putting the cyclists at risk but it almost seems to encourage drivers to do stupid things.
I would consider my cycle to work scheme and commute via bike but 12miles at 4.30am in the dark isn't overly appealing.
Sorry that's I've made some of you froth at the mouth, it was supposed to be a joke and I suck at posting

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I thought the Clarksonesque use of bicyclelists would have given it away tbh

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Salisbury Snape posted:

I guess I don't do troll posting as someone that rages about cyclists very well.
I couldn't care less about cyclists on the road I live in the country on a popular cycling route and I partake in the enjoyment of a nearly 100y/o vehicle that is on occasion overtaken by cyclists and is also exempt from tax and mot.
Riding two/three abreast is only more dangerous because drivers are impatient and will overtake in the most ridiculous places that they wouldn't overtake any other vehicle in, which ofc is not the fault of the cyclists. Riding abreast should deter drivers from overtaking and putting the cyclists at risk but it almost seems to encourage drivers to do stupid things.
I would consider my cycle to work scheme and commute via bike but 12miles at 4.30am in the dark isn't overly appealing.
Sorry that's I've made some of you froth at the mouth, it was supposed to be a joke and I suck at posting

Too good an impression

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i aint read all that

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Everyone hates cyclists, most of all other cyclists.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
some old fella was cycling along the main A road out here in lycra on a Brompton

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
The busy, windy road that goes past my place is a popular route for road cyclists to upset impatient drivers on, and while I wish them all the best I personally cycle on the cycle path that runs directly alongside the road, separated from it by a barrier.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Richmond Park is ground zero for fat blokes in full race spandex on expensive bikes

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Are Uber eats drivers broken in the head or something..he didn't want come up in the lift to my floor, because apparently that's too hard for him, even after telling him I have mobility issues and can't get down there. So he cancelled my order.

What an utter loving oval office.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

Richmond Park is ground zero for fat blokes in full race spandex on expensive bikes

Yeah this is where my brother -in-law goes and it's exactly this

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Are Uber eats drivers broken in the head or something..he didn't want come up in the lift to my floor, because apparently that's too hard for him, even after telling him I have mobility issues and can't get down there. So he cancelled my order.

Sorry to hear, but I would assume they are not meant to go inside houses, or anywhere they feel they can be mugged or the food stolen on them.
I live in an apartment complex, and have a general foyer thats well lit and such, but they all refuse to step inside even a foot in the door.

Even the Tesco delivery drivers are the same, they won't step one foot inside no matter if you ask them to do so.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Well at least he won't get paid for all the effort of collecting the food and driving it to your place. And presumably he has to drive it back (or when they cancel an order at their end, do they get to keep the food?? i would imagine not). So, he hosed himself over too.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

no, they get paid poverty wages for a poo poo job, and maybe there's rules or maybe he'd just had a bad day and didn't want to deal with the hassle

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

remember when the uber eats drivers were hard

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i don't mean that as a dig at you ragnar i just think its mad that useful services in the public good are so often left to sub-minimum wage workers and profit motivated companies

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

happyhippy posted:

Sorry to hear, but I would assume they are not meant to go inside houses, or anywhere they feel they can be mugged or the food stolen on them.
I live in an apartment complex, and have a general foyer thats well lit and such, but they all refuse to step inside even a foot in the door.

Even the Tesco delivery drivers are the same, they won't step one foot inside no matter if you ask them to do so.

It's a 42 floor apartment complex. Food delivery guys are in and out of here literally 24 hours a day. Concierge let them in, we have intercoms etc the whole thing.

Guy was just being a dickhead basically.

We have dedicated couriers who come to just our building and do a day's work etc, Royal mail send 1 postie 3 times a day...etc etc

Ragnar Gunvald fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 15, 2024

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i don't mean that as a dig at you ragnar i just think its mad that useful services in the public good are so often left to sub-minimum wage workers and profit motivated companies

Don't worry, didn't take it as a dog at me mate. I get it's a poo poo job for poo poo wages, but I've not seen a delivery person that matches their photo or is even the same gender for ages and ages now.

It's largely illegals who are doing it and buying accounts.. I'd rather we gave them asylum and proper jobs so Uber has to fix their wages and we get decent service like we use to.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I know it's not the right thread, but I can't be bothered to share it the other thread, but John Oliver and Last Week Tonight just tackled the Rowanda thing. It's worth a watch.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Enough people treat them like poo poo and wouldn't blink an eye about taking legal action about something imaginery thing. Society preogresses as fast as these cunts sadly.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Can we have publicly funded delivery services for those that need them in exchange for banning all other lovely L plate mopeds?

Live in a city and walk to the takeaway ya bums

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
it's called a takeaway so you need to take it away from the location it's made. It's not a bringfromafar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back hanging

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hows the drug man delivery team going to send stuff around without the convenient cover alibi of L plate deliveroo drivers

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

happyhippy posted:

They're reverse vampires, once you invite them in they can't enter

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

In levelled up 🅱️oosterist 🅱️ritain the drugs will be delivered via NFT

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Salisbury Snape posted:

I partake in the enjoyment of a nearly 100y/o vehicle that is on occasion overtaken by cyclists and is also exempt from tax and mot.

What's the nearly 100y/o vehicle

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

dick van dyke

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

even a clapped out series 1 defender is like 80 at most

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Butterfly Valley posted:

your mum

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
:69snypa:

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
In all fairness technically there are carbon emissions, however if you eat meat technically an electric bike is less carbon intensive than a regular bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

nice