Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
goodbye charlie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

goddamn

okay go Maria I guess

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I look forward to Maria lying to herself that Charlie needed to be voted out because he would be the winner of the popular jury vote, the reality is: I wanted my letter, drat you Charlie.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I hope Q gets blindsided and goes home with yet another idol in the pocket.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This would be fine for him, take out Q and get Maria at 5 and you’re at fire.

But Q’s idol… his best hope people (Ben?) pretend they’re actually voting Charlie so Q gets blindsided with the idol too haha

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the truth is Maria is deserving, I just find her kind of annoying

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
wait i forgot that whoever has an idol this season has gone home....there is no way Q fucks this up right

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

wait i forgot that whoever has an idol this season has gone home....there is no way Q fucks this up right

God I hope so

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Q will never die because he is a goddamned cockroach (i say that with love)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
ok this is great television right now

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

Q will never die because he is a goddamned cockroach (i say that with love)

Yeah, one of my funnier possible endings is Q just sneaking to the end and actually winning when he's seemed dead for weeks.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
Charlie gone an gently caress this whole thing up

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Omg everyone keeps loving killing themselves in this game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This is some good tension.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Omfg I swear if Q fucks this up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
not the Q skirt

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
This is amazing

Either another player goes home with an idol in their pocket or Q is the only one to play it correctly.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
This is a good build up

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
I hope ben votes for the wrong person again (drat how loving mentally exhausted was/is he)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
14 minutes. Is that enough for this to have extra drama?

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
Qs playing his idol.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Come on Uncle poo poo

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
wtf lmfao

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Comeon Q gently caress up and don't play it

Edit: showing all the votes bodes poorly

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Unbelievable

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
NO WAY

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
big mistake....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Maria trusting Q?

BIG MISTAKE

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That ruled. Great episode.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

MY BOY SURVIVES

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/plnxtvenus/status/1790916175951446326

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kinda greedy, next tribal the biggest threat Maria might not be immune and then you shouldn’t even need it.

But I do think the idiocy of going home with an idol is a little overblown. These are blindsides so what viewers are expecting players to do is to just pull out their idols when they think they’re safe. Maybe some people will do that next season but I don’t know if I back the “always play it immediately” theory… of course Hunter’s non-play was really bad and this one was a little questionable with only one more chance to play it but shrug

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 16, 2024

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
wtf random Q applebees ad

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This season is loving cursed lol.

Maria making Q feel safe was so dumb lol.

She had nothin to say going back lol

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Diabetic posted:

This season is loving cursed lol.

Maria making Q feel safe was so dumb lol.

She had nothin to say going back lol

She was just SO confident that Kenzie Liz and Ben were on her side but I also think there was a bit of greed on her part. Q had said he'd even play it on her if it meant they went to the end together. She easily could have said "Charlie is trying to drum up votes for you." but I think she was trying to keep Q from playing his idol so that they could "share" it next vote.

Also it was so funny watching Charlie footgun himself just to watch Maria do the same.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It also could have just been the edit, but it helps that nobody gave it away at tribal. I was so worried, but I think everyone played it nice and relaxed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
The idol greed is real. With them showing the votes, I thought we might get a different twist, like Q would play the idol but we’d get the very rare Survivor idol flashback to show that no, Charlie had already found it and planted a fake.

Kenzie continues to get the sweetheart edit. She’s either the winner or the editors love her and are bummed she comes up short. Charlie and Maria both have the prototypical strong player vibe going into the end. Should be theirs if they’re at the end. I don’t think there’s any path for them both to be there, would they go at each other in fire? They wouldn’t need to, but I could see it. Maybe Kenzie or Liz squeaks out a final immunity and does fire against one of them because they had failed at doing the big moves they spoke of earlier in the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Find it hard to imagine Charlie/Maria losing at fire to anyone else remaining

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

Comeon Q gently caress up and don't play it

Edit: showing all the votes bodes poorly

Showing all the votes tricked me big time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Absolutely devastated lol, we lost a real one.