Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I mean. As a Summoner I really ought to be able to summon a demi-Hydaelyn after what I've been through. Might be kind of crass to make it look like her though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Sure, but why tie it to Bahamut, a Dark primal, and not something else? I could see Phoenix being used more than Bahamut.

(To be clear, since it might look like it, I'm not complaining. I'm intrigued by the possible implications.)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Rewatched the cool jobs during the break. Looks like rpr gets an upgrade to both gibbet and gallows, new particle effects if nothing else.

The upgraded Midare of sam looks cooler than Ogi Namikiri now lol. Also noticed you have 3 little katanas around you when you do it, reminds me of zenos a little bit on account of the ala mhigo fight where he throws his swords out.

The new gnb combo is a pretty good representation of Lionheart.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Failboattootoot posted:

Edit: This meikyo tsubame change is a good, smart change. I am certain that tsubame cd management is a skill beyond 99% of samurais.

I'm upset about it because it's an entirely unnecessary change. It doesn't actually make the standard playstyle better and makes the non-standard free-form/ad-hoc playstyle less doable.

This isn't even a management thing, this just means you always have to press Meikyo before Tsubame even in situations where you might want to say, do it the other way around (which happens with Spreadsheet Samurai but not the filler rotation Samurai). Because you still wanted to use Tsubame every minute, it was Meikyo that you moved around to fix your rotation instead of doing the filler rotation and losing theoretical potency (because any sen spent on Hagakure is a potency lost compared to spending it on Midare).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NIN is now BUB

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Theris posted:

Yes, the move after resolution is an ogcd.

Oh sick, that's cool then. RDM already feels smooth as butter to me in Endwalker so I was annoyed at what I assumed to be another step in the combo. If that's not happening then everything else I saw was rad as gently caress (especially the apparent Enchanted Moulinet combo?).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm not gonna go check but I bet the OF are exploding as we speak about more homogenization.

To immediately jump to this is a worrying sign. Please get right with god.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To immediately jump to this is a worrying sign. Please get right with god.

I will attack and dethrone them. :colbert:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

They loving removed Huton!!!! God loving damnit!!!!!!!!!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Unless the translation is off it's odd that they've decided only face 1 and 3 mooncats deserve to have their fangs back

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

I will attack and dethrone them. :colbert:

You'll get distracted what a subreddit might think about it and lose

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

RDM changes look good, WAR changes look good, BLM changes look good, and Pictomancer looks really interesting. Let's goooo

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The Balance channels for MNK and DRG are dooming but that’s not really unusual for the Balance.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
viper animations look cool but otherwise i have no idea what all the things do. seems similar to reaper's resource accumulation

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

johnny park posted:

They loving removed Huton!!!! God loving damnit!!!!!!!!!

Now what am I going to compulsively reapply every 20 seconds while someone watches a cutscene?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/cosmicseashanty/status/1791069366072578116?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

VPR appears to be Unga Bunga the job just off the animations, holy poo poo they go nuts

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
looks fine

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am going to have an incredibly difficult time deciding whether to level RDM or GNB first (and therefore do the Dawntrail story on that job) because they both look sick

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Huh, Aimi just said Viper has a damage down debuff to apply to enemies as part of it's rotation.

Edit: Ah they clarified it, it's a damage increase for the rpr.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 16, 2024

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Despite everyone saying things, I'm pretty sure they're going full add-on pvp combo. The whole "here is a button, and it gets pressed after that button, and it gets pressed after another button, and it never gets pressed ANY OTHER TIME EVER but needs to be available on your HUD for it's moment" is a real shabby built concept of 'complexity'.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Despite everyone saying things, I'm pretty sure they're going full add-on pvp combo. The whole "here is a button, and it gets pressed after that button, and it gets pressed after another button, and it never gets pressed ANY OTHER TIME EVER but needs to be available on your HUD for it's moment" is a real shabby built concept of 'complexity'.

They will not be turning everything into a one button thing. I will eat my hat if they do this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

First MMO that can be played with an Atari joystick

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

Huh, Aimi just said Viper has a damage down debuff to apply to enemies as part of it's rotation.

Clarified, it's just Death's Design But Viper.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They will not be turning everything into a one button thing. I will eat my hat if they do this.

Again I'm not saying whole rotations, just the 1-2-3.

If they don't, I'll either continue using my add-on or possibly just move on to another game because I don't understand why anyone thinks this idea is so crucial.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viper looks really cool but positionals unfortunately mean I'm never gonna main it.

(To clarify, this is fine, I don't think they should remove positionals just because I don't like them, I have four whole other roles I can have a great time with! I will also probably enjoy leveling Viper and playing it casually.)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Craptacular! posted:

Again I'm not saying whole rotations, just the 1-2-3.

If they don't, I'll either continue using my add-on or possibly just move on to another game because I don't understand why anyone thinks this idea is so crucial.

Because you need to be able to mess up your rotation to make doing it right fun

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dr Pepper posted:

Because you need to be able to mess up your rotation to make doing it right fun

That happens through player choice, there is no player choice in strict routines. Compress them is elemental at this point to make room for oGCDs and situational buttons.

e: We never got a confirmation that Dragon Sight is dead. gently caress.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I genuinely cannot see why hitting 1 - 1 - 1 is functionally any different than 1-2-3 other than feeling worse because hitting the same button is boring.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Viper is funny because it has like 3 weapon chains

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The cognitive load of having to hit the right button is part of the intended play experience

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I genuinely cannot see why hitting 1 - 1 - 1 is functionally any different than 1-2-3

I mean it has to be or this discussion wouldn't be happening.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I told myself I wouldn't get involved in this argument because I don't really care one way or the other but

I do think hitting one button for the core 1-2-3 is probably fine given the massive suite of action games where your main combo is just you hitting X, X, X or Square, Square, Square. If there was nothing else that would be horribly boring but otherwise :shrug: it seems fine?

I dunno. I don't have strong feelings either way.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Granted I'm not watching this but with the descriptions so far viper sounds almost exactly the same as reaper

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Feldegast42 posted:

Granted I'm not watching this but with the descriptions so far viper sounds almost exactly the same as reaper

It does not play like Reaper just from what I've seen in the video.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh my loving god, BRD songs are no longer attacks, I can keep my rotation going in downtime now

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh also Pictomancer's animations are even better than I expected and I was watching their whole section of the job action trailer with stars in my eyes

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

The combo route thing sounds more like SAM or MNK.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Arist posted:

The cognitive load of having to hit the right button is part of the intended play experience

I've seen the players. Let's err on the side of mindlessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Klewer posted:

The combo route thing sounds more like SAM or MNK.

Ooh, I hope that's the case. Those are my favorite melee jobs because of the ways the combos kind of weave in and out of each other.