Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Stealing links from The Balance.

Viper writeup: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qRvx-rTri4jTuCEr9Pnu0cmshThcA-sM9D3WHaSphIM/edit
Pictomancer writeup: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rAnakxROQXlA-4swT0rOd1NALAMMZpxkXid-yLsmyCU/edit

The most interesting thing from the viper write up is that it looks like the damage up debuff is impossible to maintain with 100% uptime unless one of the dual-wield combos also puts it on the enemy. Seems like this is functionally going to be the 2 minute dps increase and not something you have to keep on all the time like rpr's mark.

Edit: I think that button that doesn't get pressed might just be a thing that gives the red pip. Saw a previously unseen action in the job trailer that wasn't an attack that just gave a pip.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm sure Viper will make a lot more sense when you can play it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'd like to point out that they were reading my posts about how it's boring as gently caress that DRK's big cool moment is pressing Delirium and then hitting Bloodspiller five times in a row

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Badger of Basra posted:

I'd like to point out that they were reading my posts about how it's boring as gently caress that DRK's big cool moment is pressing Delirium and then hitting Bloodspiller five times in a row

Fixed atonement for paladins too, leaving good old warrior with their old pal fell cleave.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Failboattootoot posted:

Fixed atonement for paladins too, leaving good old warrior with their old pal fell cleave.
Nothing beats that!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Failboattootoot posted:

i spent weeks saying warrior was getting fellest cleave ironically just to be correct

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The animation change for Inner Chaos is really nice on top of the two new moves lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think warriors are probably the most happy with the changes, making the 2 minute a tiny bit more involved is totally fine and they didnt seem to indicate they were changing any of the cool things everyone loves about the job

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

The animation change for Inner Chaos is really nice on top of the two new moves lol

I was wondering if I understood that correctly when I saw it. Always thought Inner Chaos felt like an animation downgrade over Fel Cleave. Glad they're doubling down on the buzz saws.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
As a WAR enjoyer, I have absolutely zero complaints about keeping Fell Cleave, gaining a bigger one and also 'Cragblade from Elden Ring but on steroids'.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Funky Valentine posted:

Square's telemetry reveals that 99.98% of players keeping summoning Hildibrand, the remaining .02% are summoning Brandihild.

:sickos:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yapping Eevee posted:

As a WAR enjoyer, I have absolutely zero complaints about keeping Fell Cleave, gaining a bigger one and also 'Cragblade from Elden Ring but on steroids'.

yeah it fuckin rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Failboattootoot posted:

Stealing links from The Balance.

Viper writeup: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qRvx-rTri4jTuCEr9Pnu0cmshThcA-sM9D3WHaSphIM/edit
Pictomancer writeup: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rAnakxROQXlA-4swT0rOd1NALAMMZpxkXid-yLsmyCU/edit

The most interesting thing from the viper write up is that it looks like the damage up debuff is impossible to maintain with 100% uptime unless one of the dual-wield combos also puts it on the enemy. Seems like this is functionally going to be the 2 minute dps increase and not something you have to keep on all the time like rpr's mark.

Edit: I think that button that doesn't get pressed might just be a thing that gives the red pip. Saw a previously unseen action in the job trailer that wasn't an attack that just gave a pip.

it's kind of funny how, on their face, these jobs are so much more complicated than sage and reaper

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

it's kind of funny how, on their face, these jobs are so much more complicated than sage and reaper

I mean after so many jobs getting streamlined or simplified we've got design space for "The Fiddly Caster"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Blockhouse posted:

seems to me like they wanted there to be 1 easy job of each type so that they could then have the excuse to make all new jobs completely insane.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's a graphic that shows the PCT presumed rotation/priority in a much more clear way and the job isn't nearly as complex as it initially sounded. I expect VPR will be similar once someone formats it in a way that isn't awful to look at.

My biggest question is what the blobs are for, it feels like it'd be dull if it's just a thing you stockpile for movement but the damage seems so low that it feels likely unless there's another trait/mechanic that wasn't explored. The most interesting thing to me is the various 3s hard casts, seeing a caster who has to dedicate time to actually casting is pretty refreshing. That said it doesn't feel BLM-tier hard (which is fine).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean after so many jobs getting streamlined or simplified we've got design space for "The Fiddly Caster"

Oh this is not at all a complaint, I am after all a reaper main due to my small brain but will still be playing viper because "go real fast and stab" scratches my tabletop game rogue itch

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm sad that paint Spriggan isn't a normal move. I suppose it must be a limit break or something, if it even exists

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alxprit posted:

I'm sad that paint Spriggan isn't a normal move. I suppose it must be a limit break or something, if it even exists

It's a PvP skill and Krile was trying to bust some heads

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
When do you think they'll do the graphical update?

If they wait until the 2nd of July, there'll be a weird period where people without early access see the new armor and the high-def hrothgirls in the old shaders and lighting engine.

Though they did that with Clive, so maybe it isn't a concern.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I wanted to switch from maining mch to a melee or caster DPS for dawntrail but the drone attack looks really cool.. I don't like this predicament.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Attack on Princess posted:

If they wait until the 2nd of July, there'll be a weird period where people without early access see the new armor and the high-def hrothgirls in the old shaders and lighting engine.

with Dawntrail, I assume

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I misread this as the Fiddy (zone) Caster

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

I misread this as the Fiddy (zone) Caster

lmao

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Roughly how many hours of content in 6.1 to 6.5? Dawntrail is coming in way too close to Shadow of the Erdtree so I really need to start thinking about gameplay time budgeting here.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Yapping Eevee posted:

I would love for tanking in general to be slightly more involved but I'm okay with WAR's job evolution just being progressively bigger bonks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

It's going live with Dawntrail early access. There is no non-graphical update version of the new content.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ojetor posted:

Roughly how many hours of content in 6.1 to 6.5? Dawntrail is coming in way too close to Shadow of the Erdtree so I really need to start thinking about gameplay time budgeting here.

Probably 2-4 hours of MSQ in each .x, then the lower end of that again for Hildebrand and raids, plus more than you could ever want on the Island Sanctuary, Eureka deep dungeon, criterion dungeons, probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It will be in the patch so everyone will have it on June 28.

Everyone with Shadowbringers will also be able to make Hrothgals then in the live client. Male Viera were added as an update for Shadowbringers and do not require an Endwalker key.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Blockhouse posted:

People thought Reaper would be complicated but it was much simpler once they had it in their hands and could play it for themselves.

So far it just seems to me that Pictomancer and Viper are the same way, people combing through videos and getting explanations second hand make it sound complicated as hell but in practice neither is actually that complicated.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Are they integrating the XIVcombo addon/PvP style combos into PvE or have I misunderstood that part?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Are they integrating the XIVcombo addon/PvP style combos into PvE or have I misunderstood that part?

https://twitter.com/ilunari/status/1791379569456656684?t=MGRmPJbfymazHphYnlyt-Q&s=19

Basically, no. They're actually doing the opposite and allowing you to split up skills that automatically change into other skills, rather than allowing you to consolidate.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Pictomancer and Viper will have them, yeah.

Unless you mean "action change settings," no. That's just stuff like how Dancer's steps turn to finishers after use. Basically for the people who want absolute, complete control over what buttons do, such as if they have problems with accidentally double-inputting skills.

edit: beat to it whoops. but i wouldn't expect them to add it to the old classes anytime soon, there's enough branching combos that it doesn't make sense. They could maybe add it in for the tanks and machinist and that's about it.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 17, 2024

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/ilunari/status/1791379569456656684?t=MGRmPJbfymazHphYnlyt-Q&s=19

Basically, no. They're actually doing the opposite and allowing you to split up skills that automatically change into other skills, rather than allowing you to consolidate.

gnashing fang combo restored to its former glory at last

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So to use a version I'm aware of; BRD's two procs - Heavy Shot > Stright Shot and Quick Nock > Shadowbite- can have those four buttons converged into two with Heavy Shot and Shadowbite becoming their proc'd versions when apropos?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oneiros posted:

gnashing fang combo restored to its former glory at last

I have intentionally not touched my hitbar because I like Pitch Perfect being separate and if it leaves I can't get it back.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Bruceski posted:

I have intentionally not touched my hitbar because I like Pitch Perfect being separate and if it leaves I can't get it back.

Couldn't you just hotbar minuet in two locations and use one for the song and one for the pitch perfect?

Anyway bard songs no longer requiring a target is great QOL. I assume you wont be able to use them out of combat, otherwise there's potential for some truly cursed prepull setup.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

inshallah this breaks the auto combo plugin

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I hope it doesn't since it helps with button bloat immensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i also use the auto combo plugin for a couple classes. however, and this is key: it would be funny